Im a bastard.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Sent off my 8800GT OC to BFG a week ago for RMA as, like so many others, it failed.

They received it on the 4th November.
Today, I get a GTX285 OC FU waiting for me on the doormat.

Chuffed? Hellyeah.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Karma has it's way. It doesn't fit.
Case is big enough if I move 2 HDD's out of the way, but it fouls 4 of my 6 sata ports :(

Ah well, GTX285 OC FU for sale, £200 :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Hah, nice one. When my 8800GTX failed I got back an Ultra and I was chuffed about that but your RMA takes the biscuit.

Still, lifetime warranty for the win, with any luck mine will fail again at some point before I buy a new one.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Indeed. I thoroughly recommend BFG, they really do go that extra mile. I'd have been very happy to get another 8800GT back in that timeframe. We're all quick to moan about problems we have but I do like to be able to give someone a thumbs up now and then :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Absolutely - I don't think I could bring myself to buy another brand. It's just a shame they don't do ATI, or do they?

Kryten

Old Cow.
Afraid not :(

I'm now looking at selling the GTX285, buying a 5850 then selling the 5770, then buying a larger HDD to do away with the RAID setup - complicated but necessary with lack of funds :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
argh too bad mate. I hate hdd placement in your average case too though, what with today's large format gfx cards :/

my antec sonata is awesome in all ways, but more than two hdds like I have screws me even with the 4870 I have :/

Kryten

Old Cow.
I wouldn't mind but I gave away my Coolermaster Stacker in order to get a smaller case I can put out the way :D
The antec 300 I got as replacement is plenty big enough until I put drives in :(

Saying that, drives can be moved. It's just the SATA ports it fouls :(

soze

I am a FH squatter
Saying that, drives can be moved. It's just the SATA ports it fouls :(

Lead with a 45 degree angle no good? Its how i get over it on my machine where gfx gets in the way of 4 ports

Kryten

Old Cow.
Nope. I've plenty of angled leads but as they're on top of eachother, they're no good. Not too fussed, means I can flog this for a couple of hundred and get another HDD :)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
bah!

when i sent mine back i only got a 260 gt oc

still, lifetime warranties ftw :D

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Who uses the onboard SATA ports anyway? Pffft, amateurs.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Well the sale of the 285 has made way for a pair of Samsung F3 1tb drives and an Acera PCIE Proper Raid Card :>
Happy days :)

Quite please with how the onboard has worked - it might have been munching a few cycles but performance was cracking, even in raid5.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Well the sale of the 285 has made way for a pair of Samsung F3 1tb drives and an Acera PCIE Proper Raid Card :>
Happy days :)

Quite please with how the onboard has worked - it might have been munching a few cycles but performance was cracking, even in raid5.

No you are right... you are a bastard :p

Kryten

Old Cow.
Especially as the original 8800GT cost me 0. I bought an Inno3D one from China on their release for 170 quid. My brother bought a 4870x2 a while later and said he'd give his 8800 (BFG) to our dad. So, I had the BFG instead and gave the ol' man the Inno3D (which incidentally still works wonderfully).
Good luck there, really :D
He does quite well out of hand-me-downs, he's inheriting my old 400gb hdd's too :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
Partly probably got it because nvidia shipments have been poor thus they sent you whatever they had :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
To make you sick, I once got a complete rig, for nearly two grand, completely. scott. free. (due to a banking error)

I then sold it to my company and got the money back as expenses tax free - double win! :D

nath

Fledgling Freddie
On Monday at 3pm I sent off my 8800Ultra (formerly a GTX but got upgraded with warranty). It's Wednesday 12:45 and I've just received my replacement from BFG - a GTX260 Maxcore. I've no idea how they compare but fucking hell, what service.

BFG = aces.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Sending my 4890 with a fucked fan for RMA as soon as the snow shifts and the roads open, lets hope for a similar result. :D

Kryten

Old Cow.
You'd be lucky - BFG have closed their European operations.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You'd be lucky - BFG have closed their European operations.

Heh, you'd imagine they weren't making much money if they simply send you the latest card each time you RMA on a lifetime warranty.

Great customer service but a poor way to run a business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom