Ilum decision - take no action

rynnor

Rockhound
The statement is thoroughly unconvincing - it doesnt even mention the really exploitative camping of spawn points which clearly breaches the EULA.

Considering they didnt even kick out those using a duping bug and the scale of abuse of Ilum I doubt they will actually do a damn thing to those who abused it.

Seems exploiting any bug you can find is now fine by EA even if it breaks sections of their game - nice work EA :p

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
they patched it yesterday ? stopped people spawn camping on ilum, sentry guns are invul and stuff ?

or you mean something else ? :/

rynnor

Rockhound
they patched it yesterday ? stopped people spawn camping on ilum, sentry guns are invul and stuff ?

or you mean something else ? :/

All they prevented was spawnpoint camping - the Republics still get blockaded into their camps so not a big difference.

But the real problem is all the free valor ranks that were dished out like sweeties during the spawn camping - sadly Biowares design doesnt even require participation of the other faction for them to gear up as they can run same faction warzones - terrible design.

Edit - they should have done a rollback - even though it would cost me a nights warzone earnings I support it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Rollback would affect ALL players, not just pvp expploiters ;)

Removing the valor would've been optimal, but this'll do just fine. The ranks will get reset anyway at some point or other during the year.

rynnor

Rockhound
old.Tohtori said:
The ranks will get reset anyway at some point or other during the year.

No they wont - why would they when its not reset for blatant exploiting.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Breath it in, it'll happen over and over and over, it is EA after all aka bunch of useless cunts.

rynnor

Rockhound
The problem for EA is they need to recoup at least their costs which were pretty astronomical in this game ($300-500 million depending on who you listen to).

The sales of copies in no way covers this - they need about a million subscribers to subscribe for 4 months in addition to the free month in order to break even if then.

Is that looking likely at the moment? I think EA will be pretty worried at the moment and this is likely to be actioned as replacing those they see as responsible for killing what they thought was a golden goose.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I know one thing people will be getting their p45's at EA if this flops, as you said its quite simply a monsterous amount of money to piss away on a flop.

rynnor

Rockhound
I know one thing people will be getting their p45's at EA if this flops, as you said its quite simply a monsterous amount of money to piss away on a flop.

Its worse than that - it could do great by normal MMO standards but still be a financial disaster - the amount they sunk into this game basically requires it to be an amazing sucess - nothing less will do.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No they wont - why would they when its not reset for blatant exploiting.

Because that's what happens in MMOs. You get titles or other muguffin, then reset all valor(etc) and start again fresh.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Actually, a few people have been getting emails reducing their valour rank to the pre-ilum level, including anything they gained legit. They are taking action, but as with all MMOs, they're not going to share that with the general population.

Tbh, given that valour doesn't really give you anything, and the amounts gained are not really as high as people are touting on the official forums, I'm not all that bothered tbh. I'd be slightly pissed if they did rollback, as I had gained quite a lot of valour and champ gear from Warzones over those days.

rynnor

Rockhound
Tbh, given that valour doesn't really give you anything, and the amounts gained are not really as high as people are touting on the official forums, I'm not all that bothered tbh. I'd be slightly pissed if they did rollback, as I had gained quite a lot of valour and champ gear from Warzones over those days.

Its just a symptom of the underlying rot of faction imbalance - on top of that theres too many mechanisms in game that further advantage the outnumbering side rather than any attempt at balance. It must be completely obvious to Bioware how bad the imbalance is yet they have said zilch about it so far.

Most Reps will either quit or change to Imp.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
It will sort itself out soon... even if they give something like a 20% XP boost for Rep..

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Its worse than that - it could do great by normal MMO standards but still be a financial disaster - the amount they sunk into this game basically requires it to be an amazing sucess - nothing less will do.

thats what they get for wanting voice overs one very single npc I guess.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Been grouping with people on Bloodworthy that have all rerolled from Empire. Better to have people to fight I guess even if you are outnumbered. I think the community will even out over time. Whether the game is a success remains to be seen. If they do f*ck this up it will be the biggest screw up in mmo history given the IP of Star Wars and sheer number of fans out there. Star Trek was a big enough screw up and now Free To Play.

Might try Conan again if this all goes to a bag of shite. Hearing good things about the game. Time to dust off that dual wielding Conquerer and the Assassin.

rynnor

Rockhound
It will sort itself out soon... even if they give something like a 20% XP boost for Rep..

Nah - people will just make alts there. Tbh from what I have seen the Imperial side is more polished, the stories are more interesting and the animations/classes look cooler - this is enough to put off most people.

The queue's for pvp are much shorter on Imp (huttball but still better than nowt), the markets pretty dead, zones feel empty which makes it feel like a singleplayer game.

Its still got some great pve but I would reccomend everyone joining now to go Imp.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Have to agree with you Rynnor I found the class story for Sorc and Merc way better than the Jedi and Gunslinger ones I've tried so far. Plus the armour on sith just looks evuul Jedi guys look like they are very understated.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
thats what they get for wanting voice overs one very single npc I guess.
This is a long term project for them... it's an incredible game and I really see this game slowly draining a lot population from WoW over the next year or two! every MMO has it's kinks which need sorting when they come out, and I'm more than sure this one will be fine within the year.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Have to agree with you Rynnor I found the class story for Sorc and Merc way better than the Jedi and Gunslinger ones I've tried so far..

The Jedi knight story is incredibly epic, loving levelling mine now just for the story content. Enjoyed the smuggler one too -- not epic, but very funny in places and there is a MAJOR twist in the plot to the end that had me gripped.

rynnor

Rockhound
Turamber said:
Enjoyed the smuggler one too -- not epic, but very funny in places and there is a MAJOR twist in the plot to the end that had me gripped.

The Inquisitor story is amazing compared to the republic ones I have seen.

The absolute worst I have seen is the Trooper - half the dialogue can be summed up as 'Sir, yes sir!'

Turamber

Part of the furniture
My trooper is only level 16, so hasn't seen much of the story yet. Certainly chapter one is starting off well with naughty goings on, dirty double dealing and betrayal all round. One of the NPC's repeatedly calling my character "L T" (he is lieutenant rank) was very waring though, yes sir.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
The Jedi knight story is incredibly epic, loving levelling mine now just for the story content. Enjoyed the smuggler one too -- not epic, but very funny in places and there is a MAJOR twist in the plot to the end that had me gripped.

I'll look forward to the Jedi one then mines only L16 or 17.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom