Ill-bane incoming, new DAoC portal

XFear

Fledgling Freddie
Gwareli and XFear (me) got a great idea not long ago, it consists on making a public portal based on DAoC, and now that it's worked out, it's time to announce it in some points.

1) Ill-bane brings you ;

[ Movies & Movie contests ] Home made RvR movies & their contests where you can win some.

[ Excal News ] Good news about the realm, brought by experienced players.

[ RvR Radio ] yeah baby yeah, a nice stream server with live comments & good music.

[ Free Guild Hosting ] We'll give excal. guilds the chance to get hosted on a good server, with mysql supp, etc...

[ Ill-bane Raids ] Raids brought by Gwareli & XFear, but also raids on other realms.

[ Screenshots, Items database, Quest Vault ] The usual...

[ Chat & Polls ] Whine Whine, vote vote, etc...

2) What makes this party moving? ;

3 x brand new, blinking, shining dual xeon servers on 4* 100 mbit pipe.

3) What do we need? YOU! ;

We'll need

2 x newsposters from each realm on excal.

3 x an rvr commentators & dj for the stream server.

if your interested contact Gwareli or XFear @ #ill-bane on quakenet

4.) When?

we'll prolly set foot next wednesday @ ill-bane.net

Herbal

Loyal Freddie
XFear said:
Gwareli and XFear (me) got a great idea not long ago, it consists on making a public portal based on DAoC, and now that it's worked out, it's time to announce it in some points.

1) Ill-bane brings you ;

[ Movies & Movie contests ] Home made RvR movies & their contests where you can win some.
*win some what?*
[ Excal News ] Good news about the realm, brought by experienced players.

[ RvR Radio ] yeah baby yeah, a nice stream server with live comments & good music.
*surely this isnt a good idea re: relic raid zergs ruinging fights goes over radio plus surely info on fights leads to more zergs : same as cg*

[ Free Guild Hosting ] We'll give excal. guilds the chance to get hosted on a good server, with mysql supp, etc... *hum not to sure about this u being hibs any alb/mid excal guild using it could post about rr on hib surely u having access as an admin surely this isnt a good thing dont know you so not to trusting on this issue ;p*

[ Ill-bane Raids ] Raids brought by Gwareli & XFear, but also raids on other realms.

[ Screenshots, Items database, Quest Vault ] The usual...

[ Chat & Polls ] Whine Whine, vote vote, etc...

2) What makes this party moving? ;

3 x brand new, blinking, shining dual xeon servers on 4* 100 mbit pipe.
*nerf you imho :worthy: *

3) What do we need? YOU! ;

We'll need

2 x newsposters from each realm on excal.

3 x an rvr commentators & dj for the stream server.

if your interested contact Gwareli or XFear @ #ill-bane on quakenet

4.) When?

we'll prolly set foot next wednesday @ ill-bane.net
inserted comments with **

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
fairly sure its for us hibs only herbal :)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Sounds like a great idea XFear! I hope you go ahead with it and make it a success, with a bit of luck you can get them to mention you on the camelotherald and get some of the yanks over for a visit :)

Good luck, it's exactly what's needed - please don't cover it on adverts and popups though :)

Pitspawn

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds almost too good to be true :worthy:

Good luck with it though!

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
I'll be a rvr reporter for albion

cos i am unbiased against everyone.. yes even those mid pieces of crap

seriously though :)

XFear

Fledgling Freddie
Fedaykin said:

For RvR reporter, or News reporter, pliz go to #Ill-bane on quakenet.org IRC server, and contact Gwareli or me, then we can choose our crew with all the volunteers and get fun :)
And im very glad to see, that most of u think this is a good idea and u wanna help with what u can ^^, thnx

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Dear god, i just had a highly disturbing vision of Chris Tarrent's voice coming over my speakers...

"And today folks we're in Emain... again, the forces of Midgard are going 50/50 on the MMG and AMG and it looks like the albs are phoning their friends for help. But don't count the albs out, their asking the audience... which means somthing... kill me... please? They've had me locked up in... NO STAY AWAY!!!! GAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :eek7:

Kenshee Himura

Fledgling Freddie
Good Idea, maybe contact Mythic and ask if you can use the Chronicles from their site? I like it :)
Gonna put the site in favos once it's up :D

Kenshee Himura

Fledgling Freddie
Fedaykin said:

Feday tbh every morning when you start the radio say this sentence :

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MOOOOORNING EMAIN!!! :)
^^

XFear

Fledgling Freddie
Boobz said:
"fairly sure its for us hibs only herbal"

RACISTS! :p

The portal will be for all Excalibur, that means, that we have news, reports, etc etc, from hib/alb/mid , and that we need reporters from those realms :p

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
i like that RvR radio part imo, i will defo listen to that! :sex:

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
XFear said:
The portal will be for all Excalibur, that means, that we have news, reports, etc etc, from hib/alb/mid , and that we need reporters from those realms :p

Damnit give me something to whine about man!
That could be a nice section on your site. Giving the DAOC public something to whine about! :touch:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Well its a great idea, but the reasaon wy i thought it was for Hib only was this,
XFear said:
Are the different realms going to have there own areas for raid news etc? Like relic raids

XFear

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
Are the different realms going to have there own areas for raid news etc? Like relic raids

Gwareli and me will have to discuss about that :p, ofc this project is starting, we need a little crew to work with, and we need suggestions of u all :)

XFear

Fledgling Freddie
Good news for all :)
The webpage will be up this week prolly, and it will look really cool, our web designer is a great one, I hope that the webpage will be done in the following days , thnx for youre attention :)

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
id like to sign up as a DJ but i dont know if i got time, whats needed etc? will i have to be buying something for this project? just stuff like that, tried to get to you Xfear on #ill-bane, but ur afk ;p so ill just talk to you ingame then

Poox

Loyal Freddie
hmm

Maybe u should make the DJs have MSN messenger, then people can report to them, and then people can also request songs and such. Imho have variety of latest dance pop rock etc, and then in songs it will be interupted by "1alb zerg hmg odins!!"
:p

Poox's Contribution

meep meep i love this arse LOL :kissit:

and this cow is quite cool :m00: :eek2:

Kenshee Himura

Fledgling Freddie
Poox said:
Maybe u should make the DJs have MSN messenger, then people can report to them, and then people can also request songs and such. Imho have variety of latest dance pop rock etc, and then in songs it will be interupted by "1alb zerg hmg odins!!"
:p

Poox's Contribution

meep meep i love this arse LOL :kissit:

and this cow is quite cool :m00: :eek2:

Ever heared of irc? :)

Neomancer

Fledgling Freddie
Weeee

SOunds nice,

Hopefully we will all enjoy a new whine forum ;)~

Gl with it m8

Users who are viewing this thread