ilaya's experiment in albion.. some things i have noticed..

I

ilaya

Benn playing Albion/prydwen for last 3-4 week.. noticed a lot of differences between the whole realm set up.. class thing aint a prob i have found.. anyhoo.. main things below for those who dont know..

More Grpd mobs: even though these fellas are about lvl 33-35 ish.. they are grpd.. and farmable by a higher level char who wants grp bonus and cash bonus for the effort.. aint many in hib is there?

Zoning: u port to castle sauvage and behold! u are in sauvage! u dont get the whole run down crua valley for 20 secs and find some peeps have zone lagged thing..

Pierce styles: anytime bleed with a high damage follow up all with only 22 pierce spec?.. hmm..

Avalonian Apparitions: oh u just gonna love this if u dont know about them.. about 20 mobs.. green-blue con to 50 yeah.. drop on average about 1 in 3 times.. level 8 stuff.. i.e. diamond bars etc.... LOADS of them.. easy to find.. not 30 secs from a town.. yet.. trees in Vigilant rock get nerfed and not these? oh please...
infinite cash at these mobs if u can be arsed.. yet.. its ok.. coz its alb..

Crafting: well.. hehe.. i am a crafter and then some as most of u know BUT.. i was VERY suprised to find that BOTH tailors and Armourcrafters can make abs 19% armour.. Studded.. alb RF u know.. except it aint rf.. coz it doesnt salvage for strips.. in fact.. strips aint used in albion.. why do hib get strips for rf and no trinket recipe? i wonder..

Bad points about alb are.. focus aint as good.. and main SI town is split in two so quite a hike from vault to forge.. about it really..

in general.. have found alb classes to be just as balanced as hibs ones.. so anybody complaining about how alb classes are nerfed are really talking out their arses.. they have so much going for them in way of game mechanics that they shouldnt even dare complain in first place...

just one ikkles luri's opinion.. but by god.. have i been shocked by how easy it is over there or what..

D

Divinia

Thx for the report Ilaya. always a pleasure to read your textxs when ur not drunk or angry ;)

E

Ezeine

Originally posted by murarraan
Says the guy with 5 level 50 alts? :rolleyes:

Well that's how I feel atm. Only thing that keeps me playing is the hope that I get some more lvl 50s in Hibernia.

It's true tho that exping isn't that limited in Albion as it is in Hibernia. Sadly the classes start to matter in RvR where many chars aren't wanted (there are exceptions of course). Cabalists, reavers, wizards for example struggle to get good grps cause of the obvious reasons (RA's, fotm grps etc).

I guess it's the same for Hibernia when it comes to champs, valewalkers, animists and so on.

Z

Ziva

Well some of the things you say are true but i play both aswell and i think Hibernia has also a lot of possibilities for xping but many people don't use them and choose the "easy" well known (and probably camped) spots instead of going somewhere else. On pryd people xp more in different zones in general instead of going all to the same spot. Dunno if thats server related or not. I think focuspulling has a lot to do with it tbh.

D

Deletium

Alb is truly teh pve realm.. got very powerfull tools there indeed..

Palas are overpowered in pve cause of end, heal, dmg add, shield chants..

Necro for chaining huge amounts of mobs in very short time..

Cabalists for chainkillin 100's of poor gobbo's in lyonesse..

etc etc ..

But if u wanna play rvr, alb is a fun challenge .. thats whats makes this game so hard to make too i guess, what seems overpowered in pve might not ve very good rvr-wise.. and what overpowered in rvr might not be very good in pve :D

S

Shrye

I don't see why you think focusing is so much worse in Albion, than it is in Hibernia... Perhaps that they ain't playing the needed classes nearly as much, or that pbaoe and fds is spread on two classes instead of one, but then again it doesn't matter in a group setup.

K

Kahland

Originally posted by ilaya
okay.. refer to this post in 3 months time whe u fucktards have learnt to play game properly.. coz i aint seen ANY evidence of it so far..

might be a different server.. but the game is the same.. and it WILL end up in EXACTLY the same way as excalibur and peeps level up.. to deny this is to deny the right for other peeps to play the way they wanna.... server wasnt upgraded for fg v fg u retards.. so WHY u think it was eh? its coming.. be part of it or die in your 1fg v 1fg lameness..

mids dont run 1 fg to emain do they? and why do u die u ask yourselves?

either get with it.. or get ganked. but plz god DO NOT think prydwen is immune to zergs.. u are kidding yourselves.. and all this bullshit you are spouting also denies your guildies who WANT this kinda thing from actually taking part.

its not ME who should go away.. its YOU.. go play something else.. let the realm vs realm battles begin.. like its supposed to be... and shove your non-zerg attitudes up your arses.. right next to your heads..

to say i should go away to exc is rather insulting actually tbh.. since about ooo.. 5% of albion pop have a clue about what they doing?..

do it well mind u.. but the rest.. might as well pay on their fucking x-boxes and get codes from the net. thats what they after. quick easy.. i wanna wtf pwn peeps.

grow up. this is how things are gonna be.. denial makes u weaker for when it comes. you know i am right. like it or not.

This is what you wrote in alb/pryd forum, i think you are very intelligent indeed :<

P

PJS

I agree on the linked mob group bonus thing

In Hib classic we have
Blackthorn/lunatishees
Fury Sprites
Faerie Horses
<named> sheeries, Orik, rounder, urdsummoner
<named> water beetle, Squik

In SI
Fomorian groups of 4-5, xexen, radicant etc
Rencan aon/do/tri groups
Botonoid rencanraider + young

I think thats all of them :(

Also the landscape is a bit of a shock if youre a long term Hibbie. You cant help but think there was a huge disparity in development times. Alb - months of detailed effort, Hib - 5 minutes of frantic copy 'n' paste of crap graphics. Comparing TNN and Camelot is just a pisstake.

PS. What happened to the trees in vigilant rock?

S

Shrye

Adding to the list;
Curmudgeon Poachers/Pigeon
Grass Sheeries
Rock Sheeries
Anger Sprites
Fairy Steeds
Siabra Waterwalkers
Ursines (TC)
Goborchends
Dampwood mites (named)

Undoubtedly more that I can't think of right now.

Edit: oops, a few of them was repetitions + added a little.

O

old.Reno

why do hib get strips for rf and no trinket recipe? i wonder..

Patch 1.68a:
- Recipes have been added to the Hibernia Metalworking that will allow crafters to make trinkets that use strips.

just FYI

E

Elric IA

I have noticed that the Alb equivalent of the CM (Stonehenge Barrows) has linked mobs right through it whereas the CM high 30s xp mobs (weeweres and abysmals) do not so there is no group bonus for them. Also, most people xp in Avalon City in their 40s which is a more open environment for xping than our two high level dungeons (do not know about Krondor in Alb so cannot comment on that) and is certainly better used than our two high level dungeons. All in all however, the differences are not that great; you still need to get a group, have end regen and healing etc.

S

sh33py

Alb is gimped because of the number of classes simple, they fucked the game up when they decided to give each realm uneven numbers of classes.

There's only a limited amount of skills to divide up so the more classes there are the more they get divided. Most of albs classes only have one useful ability whilst the majority of hib/mid classes have numerous and hence are deemed fotm and are incredibly overpopulated i.e. bards, shamans.

Every single alb RvR group needs a sorc yet they're one of the least populated classes in the game.. it's not hard to figure out why that's a huge problem. There's not exactly a shortage of bards or healers :)

Same goes for PvE, all you need to level in hib is a chanter, menta bot and a bb druid, to do the same in alb you'd need about 5 classes and you wouldn't be able to HoT at all :p

D

drungan

meee wants to aplly at your guild there .... funny name :)

and why is not much sorcs, hell you ever played a ment?
classes are ... a bit ... comparable .. charm, regen ....
after testing/leveling this sorc in alb/pryd for an afternoon i just wanted to trash my ment :p

should be piss easy, even more with 2nd acc, make a rejuv/enhance cleric and you rock .... and don't the other half of you wimps always complain about not enough enhance/rejuv clerics for rvr, or clerics in general? :p

S

sh33py

Sorcs are mez bots in RvR, you can spec for debuffs but every group NEEDS a mezzing sorc to survive in emain or you're totally screwed vs bards/healers instas.

Mentas are great PL bots but they don't really fit into any RvR fotm setups, AoE dot is only really useful for keep defense/attacking, 8v8 it's not worth breaking mez for after resists/cure.

Anyway I'm not saying that all hib classes are better just more compressed so that you require less classes like bard fills the role of a sorc, cleric, minstrel and a paladin. It takes 4 alb classes to have all the utilities that 1 bard provides, thats the problem.

J

Jace

Looking at it the other way around it takes miniumum of 3 Hib classses to cover the utilities that a Sorceror provides (Bard for mezzing, Nature Druid for Rooting, Light Mentalist for pet and nuking).

I don't think you fairly can look at it in the terms of Bard filling the role of 4 different Alb classes. Bard has elements from all 4 yes but is in no way equal to those 4.

It's impossible to make any real direct comparisons and I don't envy Mythic in trying to keep it as balanced as possible :)

S

sh33py

It's got nothing to do with making classes identical, it's about making the total number the same.

Sorc has root and pet, wow, I can't remember how many times i've sat on atk saying god i wish we had a class with root and a pet oh and 150 dmg nukes yeaah :p

Oh and that root is barely obtainable, he has to sacrifice last crack etc. to get a level 30 aoe root which'll last about 3 seconds.

All mages have some sort of a nuke so it's hardly something that is rare/unique to a sorc and the same goes for the pet.

Bard has speed5, end regen, aoe mez, pow regen, inst aoe amnesia, all of which are unique abilities, on top of that base buffs, rez, cures and major heals... that's slightly different from frigging root :)

I'm not saying bards are overpowered I'm saying that it's an example of a really well designed class that has depth, it's like they couldn't be arsed to design a new class so they just chucked all the abilities that were needed to make the realm on a small number of classes.

Of course it's not equal to all four but it doesn't need to be, you can fill the rest of the group up with more useful classes when you have the support abilities you need to survive, you think anyone really wants a gimp paladin that has all the damage potential of a water beetle? :)

S

Shrye

"It's got nothing to do with making classes identical, it's about making the total number the same.

Sorc has root and pet, wow, I can't remember how many times i've sat on atk saying god i wish we had a class with root and a pet oh and 150 dmg nukes yeaah :p"
- sh33py
Wonder why people invites nature druids to group then... They basicly offer nothing extra to the group accordingly to your logic, even their baseline buffs is worse than that of a nurt druid.

"Oh and that root is barely obtainable, he has to sacrifice last crack etc. to get a level 30 aoe root which'll last about 3 seconds." - sh33py
Hib doesn't have the luxurity of running with power regen, yet you feel it necessary to point out that you're missing something they don't even got? Oo - beside, AE root isn't used for much more than just to stop the enemy and get a mezz on top over anyway, use singleline roots if you want a long duration.

"All mages have some sort of a nuke so it's hardly something that is rare/unique to a sorc and the same goes for the pet." - sh33py
Lifetap is indeed "unique" - Hib is the only realm which doesn't have it on any of their classes.

"Bard has speed5, end regen, aoe mez, pow regen, inst aoe amnesia, all of which are unique abilities, on top of that base buffs, rez, cures and major heals... that's slightly different from frigging root :)" - sh33py
Are you some kind of retard? I mean... Bards has already got enough trouble switching from speed -> end, now you want them to twist powersong too, while they're mezzing/lulling people, not to mention just trying to stay alive.

"I'm not saying bards are overpowered I'm saying that it's an example of a really well designed class that has depth, it's like they couldn't be arsed to design a new class so they just chucked all the abilities that were needed to make the realm on a small number of classes." - sh33py
Maybe so, however it can also be turned the other way around - the bard has too many abilities fit onto one class, it's alot more demanding class to play than any of the other classes in the game. There's simply no equal to it, and thus making it an uneven fight to begin with (kudos to those who's shown that they can play a bard well however, and no - I ain't preaching for bards to lose some of their utility ;p)

"Of course it's not equal to all four but it doesn't need to be, you can fill the rest of the group up with more useful classes when you have the support abilities you need to survive, you think anyone really wants a gimp paladin that has all the damage potential of a water beetle? :)" - sh33py
I agree on that, paladins ain't wanted in groups if it wasn't because of their end chant - have you/others ever tried using end-o-time3-4 potions+lw1 (they're already using lw in Mid after all, why not Alb as well?) and tried that? That'd open up a spot for a more useful class at least, depending on wether or not the support can stay alive without having perma-sprint (that is, if they got to use power potions instead of end-o).

J

Jace

“It's got nothing to do with making classes identical, it's about making the total number the same.”

Sigh, please point out where I mentioned making classes identical?

“Sorc has root and pet, wow, I can't remember how many times i've sat on atk saying god i wish we had a class with root and a pet oh and 150 dmg nukes yeaah :p

Oh and that root is barely obtainable, he has to sacrifice last crack etc. to get a level 30 aoe root which'll last about 3 seconds.”

If you haven’t realized the value of root as secondary cc, a pet to tie up a support class and a lifetap nuke then that’s your problem.

“All mages have some sort of a nuke so it's hardly something that is rare/unique to a sorc and the same goes for the pet.”

Not once did I say they were unique abilities, however a Bard doesn’t have them.

“Bard has speed5, end regen, aoe mez, pow regen, inst aoe amnesia, all of which are unique abilities, on top of that base buffs, rez, cures and major heals... that's slightly different from frigging root.”

You are so missing the points it’s not even funny. You were saying that you need 4 Alb classes in a group to get the utility of a Bard. I was pointing out that a Hib group needs 3 classes in a group to get the utility of a Sorc, whatever your misguided opinions on those abilities might be.

“I'm not saying bards are overpowered I'm saying that it's an example of a really well designed class that has depth, it's like they couldn't be arsed to design a new class so they just chucked all the abilities that were needed to make the realm on a small number of classes.”

I don’t think anyone could say Sorcs lack depth either.

I really think the point you are missing is the importance of root in the cc wars. Immunity timer on mez is 1 minute, if you can keep people rooted for as long as possible in between it makes a huge difference (and a 3 sec root is utter bollocks :p).

H

hotrat

Originally posted by Jace
You are so missing the points it’s not even funny. You were saying that you need 4 Alb classes in a group to get the utility of a Bard. I was pointing out that a Hib group needs 3 classes in a group to get the utility of a Sorc, whatever your misguided opinions on those abilities might be.

“I'm not saying bards are overpowered I'm saying that it's an example of a really well designed class that has depth, it's like they couldn't be arsed to design a new class so they just chucked all the abilities that were needed to make the realm on a small number of classes.”

I don’t think anyone could say Sorcs lack depth either.

I really think the point you are missing is the importance of root in the cc wars. Immunity timer on mez is 1 minute, if you can keep people rooted for as long as possible in between it makes a huge difference (and a 3 sec root is utter bollocks :p).
Alb needs 3 classes to get the 3 essential skills a bard has and every group needs (end regen, mezz and speed). Hib may well need 3 classes (in fact much more if you include every spell a sorc has) to get the utility of a sorc, but its the essential abilities that count. The only essential ability a sorc has (and the only reason they are in a alb rvr group) is their long duration ae mezz. Root is nice, but not essential, and furthermore a hib group typically has 2 druids with root (normally one with ae, and insta root as well) which is far more than a cleric has.

Having a lot of skills on one class can be bad if they die, and is a problem for hib melee groups. However in a caster group a bard is the least of your worries, don't get me started on enchanters :) Part of the reason hib caster groups are so strong is the excellent utility of a bard, but lets not get into that either :)

Sorc is no doubt the king of cc, fastest cast, longest duration, longest range and widest radius, and with root available as well. However the lack of an insta mezz can be annoying in some situations (the times when you die even before you can complete your QC mezz, normally from savages or chanters :p ) and the lack of decent secondary abilities; most of the time vs mid tank groups after the first 10 secs of mezzing/rooting the det 5 savage I find myself reduced to running around debuffing everything and making sure my pet is on a decent target :) Lifetapping for 160(-160) dmg is usually not worth the power it costs, grouping with a spirit cabalist can change that (body debuff :D ) but thats beside the point :)

Root is not as important as you make it out to be, its only really effective on pure tanks, and ofc pure tanks usually have det 5. That means it will last 3 seconds (the ae version) and only buys you enough time to get out of melee range. The fact that hibs and mids have root available to them on chain based classes gives you no right to complain about a sorc having root though :) and in some ways its better that the ae root mid and hibs have is not on the same class as the one with mezz as if the you had all your cc on one class once he dies your in some trouble (just like albs when their sorc dies).

S

sh33py

Ya exactly, it's not about any and all utilities each class has it's about the one or two usually class unique abilities that make them desirable, all mage classes have fluff whether it's root/stun or pet.

I'm not saying they're useless but in most RvR situtations they won't do much good, you really overrate root, it won't do jack to a caster and it'll last about 3 seconds on a det5 tank.

Shyre you've heard of downtime or caster groups right? That pow song might come in handy :p

Oh and imo mincer is a harder class to play than bard, and yes i've played both to a respectable RR, mincers really get the short end of the stick with instruments, no matter what you do your qbar setup will be a nightmare.

Users who are viewing this thread