If your guildmate was banned..

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
Just a quick opinion question.

Say a good and well respected guild mate of yours, officer also, capable of high end content mc etc Came out and posted on guild forums he had been banned by Blizzard for using a third party fishing bot to level up fishing. Having lost the account and rolled a new char would you let him back in?

I just wanna know if I am the only one who has a hardline view or are a majority sympathetic...

For me it undermines any reputation you and you guild have earnt, (that your guild is a bunch of cheats) on the other hand this is a friend and a guildmate not the enemy.

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
Solo said:
Just a quick opinion question.

Say a good and well respected guild mate of yours, officer also, capable of high end content mc etc Came out and posted on guild forums he had been banned by Blizzard for using a third party fishing bot to level up fishing. Having lost the account and rolled a new char would you let him back in?

I just wanna know if I am the only one who has a hardline view or are a majority sympathetic...

For me it undermines any reputation you and you guild have earnt, (that your guild is a bunch of cheats) on the other hand this is a friend and a guildmate not the enemy.
let him back in ofc

cant rly care about a fishbot imo

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
I'd take the hard approach, at the end of the day he was cheating and he got caught, he needs to accept the consequences. And as for it only being a fishing bot, that's no excuse, imo that's just as bad as any kind of bot.
I think you're completely right that it undermines any reputation you may have gained as a guild and it does give the impression that you're happy to have cheaters within the guild.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm with Krazeh so far - has he admitted using the bot and been open about it? Did he not know it was against the game rules maybe? Lots of variables to be honest... basic rule for guild management.... if the guy is a decent and honorable person then have him in your guild, if not then perfect excuse to keep him out. Sorry if that sounds harsh :eek7:

Maghica

One of Freddy's beloved
a bot ... is a bot
This time he used it for fishing, what is next?
Your main concern is the guild and since he posted it on a public forum, the whole guild is aware of it. There is only 1 course of action open: BAN!

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
fishing bot lol.. crafting macros is fine cus its boring imo

Naewae

Fledgling Freddie
Z^^ said:
fishing bot lol.. crafting macros is fine cus its boring imo
Don't do it then. Simple as that.

The reward for the tedium is the ability to fish for high level fish for alchemy and cooking. There should be no reward for cheating.

Foadon

Fledgling Freddie
fishing bot used for lvling, but who says he wouldnt use it after that to fish too? and to sell the fish after that? he uses _NO_ effort to get it, yet benefits from the fish/money gained? this is unfair NO MATTER HOW SMALL. simple as that, u cheat, u get warned/banned.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Naewae said:
Don't do it then. Simple as that.

The reward for the tedium is the ability to fish for high level fish for alchemy and cooking. There should be no reward for cheating.

yep, if u cant stand crafting for whatever reason. then dont do it.

its like saying "i'm using 3:rd party programs to lvl up coz its boring to grind" its exactly the same mentality as the fishing bot.

in my book it doesent matter what kind of bot/cheat the person was using. in the end its all just as bad as the other, it just affects the game in diffrent ways.

seaotter

Fledgling Freddie
Just to add my 2 pennies.
There are two ways of looking at it, be it the hard line ' ban him he cheated' mode or the 'everyone deserves a second chance' way.
I,although this is a game always take examples from real life for instance, if you'd played your friend at a game of cards and he cheated would you stop talking to him, never see him again or would you<after he admitted it> laugh about it because in the great scheme of things it doesnt really matter.
My take on it is he cheated but if a real life friend did it i would forgive.

The choice is and always will be yours.

Otter

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
Ingame reputation... I value a friend more then some "fantasy" fame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom