Would you claim?

• Yes

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No

Votes: 17 73.9%

• Total voters

Laddey

FH is my second home
So if you was in a crash with no serious injuries, maybe a sore neck for a day...Would you milk the insurance claim? Would you claim whiplash for the easy £2000'ish?

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
No way. I've been on the otehr side and it's not nice.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
No. I've been in 3 car crashes in 20 years driving and didn't suffer any neck strain or injury.

My belief is that you don't claim unless you truly have an injury. One of the reasons car insurance premiums have risen in recent years is because of the personal injury claims being put in that are frivolous. They drive the cost of insurance up for everyone.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Yeah Laddey, if you claim, you are evil and pushing premiums up!

Punishment

Resident Freddy
On the flipside my dad didn't claim many years ago and has since developed a serious digestive problem that leaves him in pain most days from what seemed like a small harmless injury, worth considering :D

Helme

Resident Freddy
If I was in Crash I'd get the fuck out coz it's a shit movie.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
David Cronenburg has never made a shit film!

Ohh, and what Zenith said. Litigation culture that we seem to be contracting from the US has screwed up insurance over here and I believe it's one of the driving forces behind health and safety.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
When me and a friend got thrown about by a homophobic moron, i didn't sue as what's done is done. Most here said i should, but meh. So i doubt i would if there was no real harm. Ofcourse i'd expect costs such as doctor visits, damage to property etc.

Otherwise, accidents happen.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i would get it checked out by a doc, if he said the sore neck was actually damage then yeah i would claim, otherwise no :p

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I've claimed once, only cos they offered a payoff straight away to get rid of us.

If you are in a crash, make them a reasonable offer, if it keeps those scumbag, leeching fruckin lawyers out of the process the world will be a better place.
And 2 grand in your back pocket is better than the insurance company paying the TW@T lawyer 5 grand for fook all.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
and would you not normally need some sort of doctors report before they pay out?

like if you get burgled they wont pay out until you have the police report number...

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
i say claim till they go broke! fuck em, and fuck "morality" get rich or die trying, gangsta

Laddey

FH is my second home
i say claim till they go broke! fuck em, and fuck "morality" get rich or die trying, gangsta
lmao.

two lads i know where on the pavement when this lad they knew got hit by a drunk driver.

the two lads on the pavement have said to the lad who crashed..."say we where in the car and we'll pay u £500"

so yesterday they had a payout of £2700 EACH.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
lmao.

two lads i know where on the pavement when this lad they knew got hit by a drunk driver.

the two lads on the pavement have said to the lad who crashed..."say we where in the car and we'll pay u £500"

so yesterday they had a payout of £2700 EACH.

nice. fraud pays!

Laddey

FH is my second home
nice. fraud pays!

It's just a joke. Because the guy was pissed he didnt have a leg to stand on in court.

So they get £2700 to fund their drug habbit. Pisses me off!

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Nice to have you back Laddey! shitty grammar and chavs doing fraud, what more can we ask for?! <3

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
It's just a joke. Because the guy was pissed he didnt have a leg to stand on in court.

no, it's fraud dude, and I'm glad it pisses you off (even though it may also be jealousy hehe (I joke)). fact that the guy was pissed just makes it easier. this is the exact reason why your insurance cost is going to rise, and less shit will be covered...so those guys can buy dodgy xboxes that break, and bad speed.

I live in a country where the two great national passtimes are dodging tax and defrauding insurance, but hey, that doesn't mean I have to.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!

Dob them in, they live in your area, they are pushing up YOUR premiums.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I'd get the costs for the doc payed, it's not that much anyway. My last sore neck cost me like 80€ or something like that, which is okay.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
If you've got an actual injury that's a whole world of difference from 'milking' the claim.

My Mum got rear ended (and not in a sexual way) and her neck is now seriously screwed. She's a pensioner and is having to pay for physio while the insurance company dithers over what that's worth to her. She's not skint and was sensible with her money but in her case I'd say take what you're due. That's not 'milking' the claim but being honest.

At my last count I'd been rear ended 7 times (I attract boy racers to the rear of my car like flies to horeshit). I've never claimed for injury because I've never actually been injured. I could say I have been but that'd be a lie and therefore 'milking' the claim. There is a not so subtle difference.

N.B. It's been claimed that I attract these boy racers because they don't like being beaten at their own game so I'm not claiming to be entirely innocent.

georgie

FH is my second home
My Mum got rear ended (and not in a sexual way) and her neck is now seriously screwed.

At my last count I'd been rear ended 7 times (I attract boy racers to the rear of my car like flies to horeshit).

How come your mum gets the clarification in brackets and you don't? :p

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Free in the UK.

Bit more complicated in Germany as we have two types of insurance - private and … ehm … dictionary says "statutory health insurance". "Statutory" is all free, as private you pay the doc and then get the money back from your insurance company, but if you don't hand in the bills, you get back parts of your monthly fees. The longer you do it over the years, the more you get back which is REALLY interesting, money wise.

So basically as private you'd want the others to pay you the doc so that you don't lose your bonus ;)

Lol, long explanation for such a short thing ^^

Genedril

Part of the furniture
How come your mum gets the clarification in brackets and you don't? :p

Now there's a question......

Thought by pointing out it was my car that was attacting them was a disclaimer but I suppose the rear of my car could attract boy racers to my actual rear end.

Now I've got images in my head of boy racers rear ending me in a sexual manner and it's all your fault!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom