If you haven't played DAOC in a while...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRANDYN

Fledgling Freddie
After backing Camelot Unchained, I got the itch to play DAoC again. It's been a long time. ToA annoyed the shit out of me, and still does. It's much easier to get all the artifacts and stuff now, but I just got annoyed it added so much crap to the RvR. I resubbed to live and yes it still sucked.

A bunch of CU folks rolled on Uthgard so I tried that but the insanely slow leveling grind annoyed me even more than ToA. I really want to go do some classic-style RvR, not grind my way to 50. Dilemma? Nope!

I decided to level a couple lowbies to 39 and play in Battleground, Molvik. I wasn't prepared for how easy leveling would be. It's insane and soooo much fun. If you haven't played in a while here are a few things that make things smoother.

- You start as your primary class instead of a base class
- You start in the tutorial area which is fun and gets you to 10 in under an hour
- You get new quests in the towns, those get you leveled quickly then move you to the next town
- The new quests are not only great XP but keep you geared up and put a fair bit of coin in your pocket (sell dyes)
- You get a mount from one of the earlier quests

I have to say, I'm having fun with it again. I got my NS and Druid to 39 in a couple days (12 ish hours, but I think it can go much faster (I was getting used to it again). So if you haven't played in a while and are getting that bug, you should check it out. It's been fun like the old days.

Of course if you don't want to give EA any money again, I can't really blame you. ;)

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
Leveling in the BG's is more fun and just as easy imo. Soloing can be tough though since gankers are always around but getting an xp group is usually pretty easy to get and gives both fast xp and rp's/bp's ;)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Aye, there's a HUGE presence of exDAOC players on Midgard too (Loads of FH players) we had 30+ people on last night, most XPing too:)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
How's crafting on uthgard? Is it the old style where all materials blew up if sc'd and you lost mats just doing basic crafting? Or is it like live servers?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
How's crafting on uthgard? Is it the old style where all materials blew up if sc'd and you lost mats just doing basic crafting? Or is it like live servers?

pretty sure it'll be like olden days, which is arse.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
If you can salvage the SC gems, I'll come :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Items blow up and such, yeah.

Meh, quite wank in that case :p I can understand them wanting olden day DAOC back but honestly, who the fuck would want the old SC system back? clearly backwards people.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Meh, quite wank in that case :p I can understand them wanting olden day DAOC back but honestly, who the fuck would want the old SC system back? clearly backwards people.
Nah, it's OK, I use a friends SCer, and I charge 400g a item to SC and such, it really isn't that hard to level/gear up etc

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
uthgard admins are backwards people.

They are.

Also, a heads up.

When using buffbot, or any kind of duallogging which is not allowed, never go down in Barrows.

I have been logging two chars with my friend many many times, we made it down in barrows three times. Each time we got banned when going down a bit deeper. Never any other place.

They have some sort of monitoring devices down there, or, cameras if you will.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
They are.

Also, a heads up.

When using buffbot, or any kind of duallogging which is not allowed, never go down in Barrows.

I have been logging two chars with my friend many many times, we made it down in barrows three times. Each time we got banned when going down a bit deeper. Never any other place.

Yea the no buffbot thing baffled me abit, very silly rule - plenty of people used buffbots from DAOC release - mainly people who had played EQ or other games which allowed bots so the whole "Buffbots didnt happen in old daoc" is just a load of bollocks really, they could argue not many people used them at release which would have been acceptable but saying they simply didn't exist is just plain stupid.

Tilda

Its basically so that people have to play with each other I think. It works because its not viable to solo, the easiest way to level is to group up! :D

Everz

FH is my second home
They are.

Also, a heads up.

What areas have caused no issue?

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
only my own crew :) any 8 man you know of needing a healing/mezzing type? (druid, bard, healer, shaman, cleric, sorc)

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
we run 3-7 man groups with some of the old camlann crew. great fun. mostly mid and alb atm

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
well on and off, usually evenings from 20.00-23.00. We were a shammy short last friday :p

Everz

FH is my second home
well on and off, usually evenings from 20.00-23.00. We were a shammy short last friday :p

I've enquired to see if my old Shammy is lying about, the bloke who bought it hasn't got back to me though. Bleh.

Kull_TD1

Fledgling Freddie
Im on uthgard Mid atm playing
Adihash - Shaman,
Phonoi - Skald
Both in Camelot Unchained guild.

And i was:
Kull - Hunter from Excal (Cutting Edge)
Droth - Warrior Excal (Nazgul)
Speedbok - Runemaster Camlann (Fear and Rapacious)
Amnish or Amish (forget spelling)- Animist Camlann (Rapacious)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom