If you cross Will, Tom and Tdc - what do you get?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
heh if Will ever does make the thing, it'll be a two person model classed, I imagine, as a sex-toy. ahem. unless the dutchtub patent covers vibration, handcuffs and a water-spouting japanese swing, he'll be fine :)

rynnor

Rockhound
heh if Will ever does make the thing, it'll be a two person model classed, I imagine, as a sex-toy. ahem. unless the dutchtub patent covers vibration, handcuffs and a water-spouting japanese swing, he'll be fine :)

Unless I'm missing something they could only sue you if you built something exactly the same (design wise) or stole the name. There looks to be no unique technology involved but good luck to em.

Personally I dont see the point of a mobile tub - its a fine fancy to take it to some remote location but where the hell will you get enough clean water to fill it from?

If I were an Eco freak I'd probably be less than thrilled about the concept too...

Chilly

Balls of steel
nothing stopping you from building one for personal use, regardless of patent!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Are dutchtubs powered the same way as dutch ovens?

TdC

depends what you ate before going in ;)

also regarding the patent, I am under the impression it only stands if you make something similar, and attempt to market the thing.

on the dutchtub itself, I've know about them for a long time, and tbh I certainly wouldn't mind owning one. It would go smashingly on my terrace, being three floors up and would offer a great view of the inner city here. Sadly my landlord frowns on (open) fires on the terrace, and I wonder what the council would think when I, once done, open the valve and 800 liters of water rush down my terrace's drain and out on to the main street of town :)

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Whoa whoa whoa whoa!

I go away for a week and come back to find myself getting sued for patent breaches! Makes me all the more determined to knock one up :p

But I won't be marketing it commercially. I don't think convection can be patented, otherwise I'm going to rush out and patent gravity quick, along with a bunch of other laws of physics.

Don't worry Mr Dutch Tub, your massively overpriced piece of fibreglass and bent tubing is safe from commercial intrusion from this small businessman. For now anyway...

TdC

I'm going to rush out and patent gravity quick, along with a bunch of other laws of physics.

rofl :D make everyone who feels the effect of gravity pay a flat fee Gumbo ;)

R

roger and out

dutchtub

so does anyone know of a cheaper version of the dutchtub on the market?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Come on mods! - he couldn't be more obvious if he came in saying "I SEL YUO VIOGRA MAEK BIG HRAD MAN SHE LOEV IT!".

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I could have used one of these today, after falling off twice at Grizedale :(

Once on some wet boards (low speed + narrow wet boards = front wheel low-siding me)

Next on some huge great piece of strata set at a convenient angle that chucked me 6 feet into a bush full of nettles, broke a braided brake cable in 2 places, and stole the little red twisty bit from my Avid BB7 caliper, and a huge chunk of my leg.

Fucking trail.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
so does anyone know of a cheaper version of the dutchtub on the market?

TdC

no, but you can shower at my place.....for a price :)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Is there a "no hidden camz" shower for an extra price? :(

TdC

sorry, the cams stay on. though for but a minor extra fee I can let you watch yourself showering. some people enjoy that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom