If you could...

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
Change ONE mistake/choice from your past, and correct it. What would it be? Totally arbitrary question obviously but should get some interesting answers. Myself, I'd scroll back 4 years, to after my GCSEs, and instead of going to 6th form to do A-levels, I'd go to college, and do the course i've just completed.

Why? because i wasted 2 years of my life at 6th form and didn't get anything out of it, plus, the worst things that have happened to me in my life have happened after that point, so hopefully those would be erased (and possibly replaced by worse things, you never can tell :p)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I regret only one thing and one thing alone.

F*ck finance problems, career choices, etc etc.

Lost a girl.

Not getting into specifics.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
wasted five years of my life moving down south, good reason was to be with my wife but wish i had persuaded her to move up here then. I try not to regret anything though, you make your decisions and you should live by them without regrets

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I'd scroll back 4 years, to after my GCSEs, and instead of going to 6th form to do A-levels, I'd go to college, and do the course i've just completed.

Same thing :) If I'd gone that route, I'd of been in Uni now.. Got one year left of college (3 years there total) and allmost 20, heh :D

kirennia

Part of the furniture
I regret only one thing and one thing alone.

F*ck finance problems, career choices, etc etc.

Lost a girl.

Not getting into specifics.

Guessing that's gonna be a common one... Same for me too.

Same thing :) If I'd gone that route, I'd of been in Uni now.. Got one year left of college (3 years there total) and allmost 20, heh :D

No matter what you're told, there's no particular rush :p 24 in september and just about going into my second year at uni. One of my sisters started her a-levels at 22, got straight A's and is now in her last year of a medicine degree, the other started at 21 and is currently doing a PHD in biology. Both are very very happy.

On the other hand, I have friends who are by no means less clever then either of them but they went directly into uni after a-levels and have since dropped out, got lesser grades or are doing a second degree. In fact, I know of only a couple of friends (those who which went directly into uni) who are happy with what they did. Sadly for all of us, we went to a grammar school whereby it was drilled into our heads that we either went straight into uni or we'd end up cleaning the streets for a living. Absolute bullshit and the truth is, most schools/colleges etc will tell you this, not because they particularly care, but because it looks good on their statistics.

If anything, the main thing is to NOT rush it. Sorry if I seem a bit ranty, just think people should take their time and not regret it rather then rush things and potentially end up doing something they never should have done :)

Not suggesting you're one of these people, just saying beware...

Krait

Fledgling Freddie
Not having a child is the single most biggest mistake and regret of my life. :(

Olgaline

FH is my second home
finance problems, career choices, smoking

and well, Daoc, yes there i said it!

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Going into technical subjects in high school, and following up with engineering at the uni. I never really burnt for it, and ended up going into IT which i also regret. All because i kept being told "this is where the jobs are". Should have gone with the gut feeling and schooled myself to be a history teacher or something.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Giving up on my chances for a basketball scholarship to the US. Got injured and just couldn't be bothered to work at getting myself fit again, piled on the pounds, went to Uni in the UK and got a job in IT.

Not saying I could have been in the NBA or anything like that, but the experience of going to University in the US and doing something that I loved (playing NCAA basketball or just dossing about!). Better than 5 years at Sheffield Hallam University doing Computing!!

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
go back 8 years and not get caught with drugs by the fuzz

still haunts me

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i dropped out of college after the first year to do an apprenticeship with the council. installing comps, rolling out systems, fixing comps etc. i did that apprenticeship for a year and the assesors never visited. i never progressed past level 2.
i would of stuck in college and finished the second year. i got a merit in the first year then i could of went to uni at 18 instead of 19.

on saying that though, i probably wouldnt have had the fun ive had since startng later. i wouldnt of met the same people etc. it give the me the chance to go work full time and earn a load of money at only 18 (about £870 a month living at home) while i decided what to do aswell.

so when thinking, i dont think id actually change anything. everything ive done has provided me with something good that i wouldnt want taken away. i probably would have been stuck in IT too, which i later found i hated :)

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Adding on that Hunter on oriens bridge. :(

Seriously... I don´t think I regret anything.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Change ONE mistake/choice from your past, and correct it. What would it be?

knowing what i know now, i'd go back 10 years and buy stocks in all the big companies ;)

and then go back to today and sell them off xD

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
I would probably roll back to where i started school....and take it seriously...becouse ive never realy done that :eek7:

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Same as Levin really - I wish I'd not done really sciency A-levels and done stuff I enjoyed and gone on to a degree I enjoyed.

Having said that, I enjoy the job I'm in now (as much as I can enjoy any job) and if I hadn't done those A-levels, I wouldn't have gone on to do Geology at Leeds, and I wouldn't have met my feller, got married or be pregnant now :eek: I guess its just the way things go :)

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
It's interesting. It basically comes down to how happy you are at this point. If you're happy with your life currently, then you're going to say you wouldn't change a thing, because changing something would mean that you wouldn't get to the same place as you are now.

Whereas people like me, who are aren't happy currently, want to go back to the point where things started to go wrong :p Also interesting is the people who say that they'd change it so they wouldn't lose their girl, obviously cos losing their girl was a painful experiance. That's one of the reasons why I'd like to change my life now, but my solution is to go back in time and arrange it so that i never meet the girl in the first place. odd.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's interesting. It basically comes down to how happy you are at this point. If you're happy with your life currently, then you're going to say you wouldn't change a thing, because changing something would mean that you wouldn't get to the same place as you are now.

Whereas people like me, who are aren't happy currently, want to go back to the point where things started to go wrong :p Also interesting is the people who say that they'd change it so they wouldn't lose their girl, obviously cos losing their girl was a painful experiance. That's one of the reasons why I'd like to change my life now, but my solution is to go back in time and arrange it so that i never meet the girl in the first place. odd.

Actually i'm happy where i am, perfectly, even with no job, no girl and no idea what to do. I never regret choices, or even mistakes.

Not the point.

I regret losing the girl 'cause i never got to know her, not because it was painful/it hurt to lose. That's the thing i regret, 'cause i knew then what i know now, we were and would have been perfect.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget

i disagree with that really, i have a great job which i really enjoy. My club promotion is going really well as is my photography.

I have a few nice girls on the go (not exclusive so its ok) and just coasting life atm

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
i disagree with that really, i have a great job which i really enjoy. My club promotion is going really well as is my photography.

I have a few nice girls on the go (not exclusive so its ok) and just coasting life atm

well, it comes down to: would you give up everything you had now to go and change the mistake from your past? what i meant was that if you go back and change this mistake, you then live your life onwards from that point, and see what's different about it. i guess you mean that you'd like to go back, erase that particular mistake, but keep what you have now?

Olgaline

FH is my second home
hmm good point here really,

there's really a big difference in the two terms

1. wanting to change a past event
2. regretting a past event

for me it's nr.2 without a dout, I have quite a few things i regret, but i wouldnt want to change any of it.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
nothing really,
im pretty content with where i am atm

Altho i do semi-regret not going to uni, and missing out on the whole uni thing. But that said i wouldnt be where i am now if i did, so its only a little regret

Laddey

FH is my second home
Not attending school. Not even bothering to ask about college.

I'd love to go to college, then to uni. I wouldn't be stuck as a fucking removal man now. I'm 18 and i've had like, 18 jobs. Sad

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom