If Quake was done today

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Oh so fucking true. Havent bothered to play any 3d shooters since halflife 2 really. Everything just seems so dull on a level for 10 year olds :(

Everz

FH is my second home
So true, FPS these days are horribly shit, I don't get the fascination with CoD it's total horsewank, oh well at least I got to experience the glory days.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fucking brilliant :)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Quake I was so fucking awesome! The single player as well as the multiplayer..

Here's a speed run of the entire game, all secrets, all monsters killed and it is all done in less than an hour

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Quake I was so fucking awesome! The single player as well as the multiplayer..

Here's a speed run of the entire game, all secrets, all monsters killed and it is all done in less than an hour

That's just sick.

mank!

Part of the furniture
That's fucking superb (although I never played Quake, I skipped right onto Quake 2).

As much as I enjoy TF2 and L4D, the CoD series and recent BF games leave me cold. I'd give my left bollock if I could sit on an Q2 server all evening again.

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
Quakeworld is what introduced me to Barrysworld, back on a 33.6 kbps dialup modem.

Ahh, thems were the days!

Influenza

Part of the furniture
So true, FPS these days are horribly shit, I don't get the fascination with CoD it's total horsewank, oh well at least I got to experience the glory days.

Aye FPS games these days are shite tbh , give me bunnyhopping and rocket jumps above realism anyday. I missed quakes glory days , i started my online gaming with halflife , although i did play a little quake TF but valve brought TFC out and i was hooked on that.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Aye FPS games these days are shite tbh , give me bunnyhopping and rocket jumps above realism anyday. I missed quakes glory days , i started my online gaming with halflife , although i did play a little quake TF but valve brought TFC out and i was hooked on that.

The jump at 11:10 is mental :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Jesus that video is mad!

Lethul

FH is my second home
I started quake when it was released and it was my first gaming true love :)
Played it until daoc was released. Then played it on and off, my last active season in NQR was in 2008 I think :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I started Quake when... oh... wait, I never started Quake.. :(

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
I remember hearing about the alpha being leaked and desperately trying to get hold of it over a 14.4k modem. I managed to get the thing and was bitterly dissapointed to find my 486sx wouldn't run the blood thing since it needed a co-processor.

Had to wait till a girlfriend of the time's dad was ditching his computer (a pentium 90) before I could play it properly.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I was mad jealous of my friend because I had a 486 sx 33 and he had a 486 dx something or other (dx2 66 iirc). oh how I wanted that maths co-processor!

Everz

FH is my second home
Never really like Q1, much preferred Q2 esp AQ2.

They need to give a decent multiplayer this time, CTF/DM/Team DM etc.. Serious Sam online was insanely fun, especially in Deathmatch, it's how I found DAoC and this place latterly.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Serious Sam 1 co-op was hilarious! 8 or something guys running through the game was some of the best multiplayer experiences I've ever had

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.

I don't remember TF being that fast! Is it some modified version?

The jump at 11:10 is mental :)

Mental. o_O

Everz

FH is my second home
Serious Sam 1 co-op was hilarious! 8 or something guys running through the game was some of the best multiplayer experiences I've ever had

Indeed, Serious Sam was such a mint game. I used to love setting up a server, unlimited frags, Red Station map and gaming away though hours, best I managed was a 423/19.. still got the screenie somewhere :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom