If Only GoA Staff Were Like This

Seakul

Banned

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
i'd REALLY LOVE to see mods here Name & Shame cheats! it would be AWESOME and im 99% positive it would stop a LOT of cheats from actually cheating.

any1 else think naming and shaming would make cheats think twice? hence less cheats ingame?

Seakul

Banned
[HB]Jpeg said:
i'd REALLY LOVE to see mods here Name & Shame cheats! it would be AWESOME and im 99% positive it would stop a LOT of cheats from actually cheating.

any1 else think naming and shaming would make cheats think twice? hence less cheats ingame?
Not just name and shaming they do but even tell ppl that ip is same ip as him and he is been shouting keyloggers + yes that guy did buy the items for a lot of cash etc. I have never played the game but I love reading the forums

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Think the last person who got named and shamed was Gimmly for selling cheats on ebay... :rolleyes:

Mey

Part of the furniture
Gimmly is a cheat, named and shamed, thread closed?

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
Thadius said:
Think the last person who got named and shamed was Gimmly for selling cheats on ebay... :rolleyes:

yes that was via Forums tho ? i mean i think GM's should name n shame people who speed hack . radar etc etc . and even then most threads on here get deleted nd we get baned from forums for accusations or blatant cheating.. but a GM of goa official newletter nameing and shaming IMO would stop a LOTof cheats. even if there punishment was resetting there rp's to zero

the other day i found a hib/alb on glast RP farming.

was a necro who would REPEATEDLY goto a obscure spot in snowdonia .. set his pet bottom of river... whilst he floated at top... a hib caster would then come and kill his pet .. and then the necro would go just below water and die due to drowning...

as we all know this is rp farming and the hib "who had 600k+ rp lw" was obviously there preknown to him... cos the spot they were both at is a place NO1 goes to at all. the reason i became suspicious because i was pl my alt and the necro was constantly dying every few mins "musta been when RS gone and he worth full rp's" and always died to no1 or a elyyl mob... this was constand and would go on for hours sometimes..

anyways screenshots were taken and sent to rightnow.... and HOPEFULLY BOTH accounts will be banned for rp farming or at least ave rp reset.

the necro was . ixlinsinfus
and the hib was a rr6 called Elmister

hope never to see them in rvr ever again or i will be really pised of with GOA for not taking action against obvious rp farming.

p.s if a mod considers banning me for name and shame without proof.. i can/will post evidence so i dont get a ban :) have several screenshots (if guildy still has em.. cos when i told /gu about possible cheater ... me and a guild minstreal stealthed around the area we knew they musta been and he was one that found em and took screenies.

Mey

Part of the furniture
I thought Gimmly was permabanned form Freddys?

Seakul

Banned
Mey said:
Gimmly is a cheat, named and shamed, thread closed?
I think you will find it was self confessed and the thread was 10th May 2005, 06:32 PM old news maybe? Are my eyes wrong or did I not see anything about him using cheats?

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
if only there were unique names in daoc across all the servers (or even 1 server) then you could get away with name and shame , if i came on here and a GM had posted

OK everyone we have found that Awarkle from Hibernia has been cheating and we banned him.

I would be slightly shocked however if it then transpired that the cheater was from a totally different server and as people know that i create a lot of characters (all named awarkle) then it would cause confusion.

Therfore they cant really name and shame people + they cant do it based on the account name as that would be inbreech of the data protection act. Personally they should do it via the roll of honour so that when you see someone go from 1.6 million rps to 0 that you should know that there was somthing suspect.

Either way i dont think it would work for daoc.

Seakul

Banned
Mey said:
Then cya later Gimmly ;)
Not going to argue with a teenage child that’s bitter because he got owned in another thread, that who I am over a forum :)

Mey

Part of the furniture
Seakul said:
Not going to argue with a teenage child that’s bitter because he got owned in another thread, that who I am over a forum :)

ROFFLES you call me a kid then get pleasure over "owning" someone on a forum..

Somebody needs to get some real life time. For someone so old you sure chat some shit.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Mey said:
ROFFLES you call me a kid then get pleasure over "owning" someone on a forum..

Somebody needs to get some real life time. For someone so old you sure chat some shit.

gimmlys life is 'owning' people on irc or forums :) one should note that gimmly has never actually owned anyone, but that doesnt stop him from saying he does

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
Awarkle said:
if only there were unique names in daoc across all the servers (or even 1 server) then you could get away with name and shame , if i came on here and a GM had posted

OK everyone we have found that Awarkle from Hibernia has been cheating and we banned him.

I would be slightly shocked however if it then transpired that the cheater was from a totally different server and as people know that i create a lot of characters (all named awarkle) then it would cause confusion.

Therfore they cant really name and shame people + they cant do it based on the account name as that would be inbreech of the data protection act. Personally they should do it via the roll of honour so that when you see someone go from 1.6 million rps to 0 that you should know that there was somthing suspect.

Either way i dont think it would work for daoc.

Arwarkle-Albion-Glastonbury Highlander Minstrel was caught cheating today so we are naming and shaming him ..... problem solved seeing as can only have 1 of same name on same server/realm ... with pryd/excal being different

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
[HB]Jpeg said:

no probably not, there will always be ppl that doesent care. probably most of em as they cheat in the first place.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
[HB]Jpeg said:
Arwarkle-Albion-Glastonbury Highlander Minstrel was caught cheating today so we are naming and shaming him ..... problem solved seeing as can only have 1 of same name on same server/realm ... with pryd/excal being different

exactly, and thats the reason why GOA dont name and shame ;) its just to many ppl that will take that shit one step ferter and accuse everyone that have even a simmilar name as the named and shamed even if its not on the same server to be that person. and then theres gonna be alot of ppl that gets their reputation fucked forever...

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I laffed at the last guy who went to VN to shout his innocence about radaring, after a lengthy debate (about 10 pages) about it with the GMs, they fessed up how he was caught.

He didnt say much after that...pwnd.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
old.Whoodoo said:
I laffed at the last guy who went to VN to shout his innocence about radaring, after a lengthy debate (about 10 pages) about it with the GMs, they fessed up how he was caught.

He didnt say much after that...pwnd.

I still think the best one was some guy complaining about loading issues with DAoC, posted his boot log and there was about 10 instances of a radar hack, was quite funny.

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
Ctuchik said:
no probably not, there will always be ppl that doesent care. probably most of em as they cheat in the first place.
yes i agree some idiots will still cheat...but im betting alot would stop or not think about it.if they thought all there friends/gu/as etc etc would all find out.

S

Sentura

Everyone enjoys a good owning on a forum, just like they do in real life mr. humorless.

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
Ctuchik said:
exactly, and thats the reason why GOA dont name and shame ;) its just to many ppl that will take that shit one step ferter and accuse everyone that have even a simmilar name as the named and shamed even if its not on the same server to be that person. and then theres gonna be alot of ppl that gets their reputation fucked forever...

i disagree... cos there will always be one that gets the ban... hence obviously the one still ingame is the innocent one.. hence wont get his name tarnished.
and the cheat wont be seen ever again.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
[HB]Jpeg said:
yes that was via Forums tho ? i mean i think GM's should name n shame people who speed hack . radar etc etc . and even then most threads on here get deleted nd we get baned from forums for accusations or blatant cheating.. but a GM of goa official newletter nameing and shaming IMO would stop a LOTof cheats. even if there punishment was resetting there rp's to zero

the other day i found a hib/alb on glast RP farming.

was a necro who would REPEATEDLY goto a obscure spot in snowdonia .. set his pet bottom of river... whilst he floated at top... a hib caster would then come and kill his pet .. and then the necro would go just below water and die due to drowning...

as we all know this is rp farming and the hib "who had 600k+ rp lw" was obviously there preknown to him... cos the spot they were both at is a place NO1 goes to at all. the reason i became suspicious because i was pl my alt and the necro was constantly dying every few mins "musta been when RS gone and he worth full rp's" and always died to no1 or a elyyl mob... this was constand and would go on for hours sometimes..

anyways screenshots were taken and sent to rightnow.... and HOPEFULLY BOTH accounts will be banned for rp farming or at least ave rp reset.

the necro was . ixlinsinfus
and the hib was a rr6 called Elmister

hope never to see them in rvr ever again or i will be really pised of with GOA for not taking action against obvious rp farming.

p.s if a mod considers banning me for name and shame without proof.. i can/will post evidence so i dont get a ban :) have several screenshots (if guildy still has em.. cos when i told /gu about possible cheater ... me and a guild minstreal stealthed around the area we knew they musta been and he was one that found em and took screenies.

Yeah I saw this guy doing it too a few weeks ago - or rather I saw him dying for no reason and wondered wtf was happening.

If you check that Eldies RPs now btw he's on 1.3million earned in a week.

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
Seakul said:
I have been reading the LoM forums recently and the staff are just too good at there job. Read a few of these threads and the replies / things they do are just funny as hell.

http://forum.gnonline.net/showthread.php?t=67380&page=1&pp=30 (if only we had staff like that and Elkie would have his account back)

http://forum.gnonline.net/showthread.php?t=66220

a lot more funny ones but I just love the sarcastic reply’s and realism behind them.

Well im not going to complain tbh goa can take all the time they wont with my acount aslong as i get it back, if i dont then il be very pissed off :)
Funny how i sent a 2nd letter to france 2 and half weeks ago containing a photo copy of my pass port and cd key booklets. i will be incredibly pist off if they say this is still not enough proof:)

censi

Can't get enough of FH
GOA are too political. they will say its illegal to divuldge this info.

for me this would have been one of the best moral boosters ever like a monthly report of whos accounts have been closed and why.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Sharma said:
I still think the best one was some guy complaining about loading issues with DAoC, posted his boot log and there was about 10 instances of a radar hack, was quite funny.

Rofl

Chronictank

FH is my second home
censi said:

for me this would have been one of the best moral boosters ever like a monthly report of whos accounts have been closed and why.
If its covered by data protection GOA has no choice :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
censi said:

yeah but the risk of getting innocent ppl with simmilar (or even the same name) on other servers is imo far to big.

bet u'd love it if someone called Censis on another server got banned and all the players take for granted that its your toon.

its bound to happend shit like that...

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
Ctuchik said:
yeah but the risk of getting innocent ppl with simmilar (or even the same name) on other servers is imo far to big.

bet u'd love it if someone called Censis on another server got banned and all the players take for granted that its your toon.

its bound to happend shit like that...

if anybody with a similar name to mine got banned cheating and some plonkers thought it was me.. i wouldnt be bothered.. cos the end of the day i know there is one less cheating prick ingame.. and if people thought it was me id just say "if it was me why aint i banned? and tell em real cheat is banned"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom