If minstrels got banelord...

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
I think they will, Will also make the mincers job alot easyer with some pbaoe interupt instead of all the single targets :p

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Eeben said:
I think they will, Will also make the mincers job alot easyer with some pbaoe interupt instead of all the single targets :p
You should still interrupt each target by itself and just use the aoe as a bonus :p Don't get lazy!

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Heretic BL > Minstrel BL, if you only take a single BL in the group.
If you get 2 BLs then Merc/Minstrel might work if you need more interrupts than melee damage.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
You should still interrupt each target by itself and just use the aoe as a bonus :p Don't get lazy!

aye ofc but would make it alot easyer an more effective..

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
but doubt mincers will get banelord, will be to op in solo :(

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Gamah you do seem to mix up something here as I think that you are a Minstrel but not all Minstrels are you.

So yes, BL Minstrels might get a group but you not!

Oh my, I am joking only, couldn't resist. I hope no additional class gets Banelord. Cleric maybe.

Gamah

Banned
yes olol etc, i was waiting for someone to tell that "joke"

Corran

Part of the furniture
A well played BL mini could get a group yes, if just want a single banelord for interupts like alot of groups use merc for.

Mini will bring speed5 back to albs, SoS, AM for starters which is handy. And with all the additional uninteruptable interupts they be laughing. Not like grappling help to much as they can just flute mezz etc and keep interupting. I think alot of groups that run a caster setup would start to use a mini instead of a merc.

Kahvi

Loyal Freddie
BL mincer makes me drool... mincers are vgood interupters and whit bl it would make em even better. Dont forget that mincers also got CL interupts that is on lower castspeed then single mezz at the same range.

Some think theurg or a second sorc/merc is better for interupts + damage.. i mean you lose the damage whit mincer. Tho you gain sos, am, speed5. sos is something i think many albs have forgotten about because people think mincers isnt good enough in a group setup, it would change alot if minis got bl. Something i think never will happen.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Kahvi said:
i think many albs have forgotten about because people think mincers isnt good enough in a group setup

Whatever happends you can always join my group :wub:

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Manisch Depressiv said:
Gamah you do seem to mix up something here as I think that you are a Minstrel but not all Minstrels are you.

So yes, BL Minstrels might get a group but you not!

Oh my, I am joking only, couldn't resist. I hope no additional class gets Banelord. Cleric maybe.
Because banelord would suit clerics... :eek:
Corran said:
A well played BL mini could get a group yes, if just want a single banelord for interupts like alot of groups use merc for.

Mini will bring speed5 back to albs, SoS, AM for starters which is handy. And with all the additional uninteruptable interupts they be laughing. Not like grappling help to much as they can just flute mezz etc and keep interupting. I think alot of groups that run a caster setup would start to use a mini instead of a merc.
Aye, they'd be more useful as interrupt bots than mercs. It'd make mercs fairly useless tho :<

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
if minstrels got banelord they'd have to remove stealth. Only way it would work.

Banelord for stealth grps would be too op, demo, ml2, ml8+ip, banespike ...

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
I don't know why nobody has mentioned reaver so far, am I the only one who thinks they're also quite a good interrupter? For pure caster groups I think minstrel would certainly be the most desirable, because the insta stun is so nice against somebody who's just about to get out of range. But for mixed or tank groups I think heretic or reaver would have a slight edge. SOS is nice in certain sitatuations against insta mezz, but generally doesn't matter if the group spreads well. So IMO it comes down to AM + instastun + speed5 vs Better tanking and uber RR5 from heretic vs TWF, slam and good melee damage when wanted from reaver. Really depends on the group setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom