if may i...

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
if may i quote from the news:

"Version 1.87 is approaching and the prophets are foretelling its release sometime next month."

yet the xml's are not fixed from the last patch which means they will not get fixed next patch too and so on and so forth...

then we have to trust them with finding and implementing a solution to save dyvet...

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
That made little to no sense. :)

Because if XML files get fucked, there's little you can do for the data, it gets completely shagged. Sure you can save the file but very little of the data. If you use SQL the data inside the files stays far more secure and is much easier to repair if there becomes a problem with it. It's all DB nonsense in the end anyway. But ofc here there's alot of nerdy statto peeps that moved on from footy stats :p

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
The problem is that the job GoA uses to export the data from the game doesn't work very well.

Whetever they export to a bunch of XML files or some database like Oracle doesn't matter much. The export itself still doesn't work well.

How their backend data (the live game data) is stored, we don't know. It used to be a file based storage, but that may very well have changed.

In the end it all boils down to the fact that GoA deliberately neglects this issue and calculates it doesn't matter for their costumers.

A failure on their part that leaves an impression of an incompetent company.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
I'm setting myself up for a fall here but I'm going to break a couple of my normal rules and stick my neck out.

We have recently hired a new XML guy, his job normally is to do very little else other than sort out the XML and make improvements to it. This should mean that in future the XML is much more reliable, will be working shortly after patchdays and probably have more functionality eventually. At the moment however all of our web people are being chained to their desks so that we can launch the Goa.com portal on schedule. As soon as that particular project is live and any launch bugs are sorted then things should settle down and the web team will be allowed to get back to work on other projects.

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
I'm setting myself up for a fall here but I'm going to break a couple of my normal rules and stick my neck out.

We have recently hired a new XML guy, his job normally is to do very little else other than sort out the XML and make improvements to it. This should mean that in future the XML is much more reliable, will be working shortly after patchdays and probably have more functionality eventually. At the moment however all of our web people are being chained to their desks so that we can launch the Goa.com portal on schedule. As soon as that particular project is live and any launch bugs are sorted then things should settle down and the web team will be allowed to get back to work on other projects.

Aha, an update!

Now, here's the $64,000 question - when is the "goa.com portal" schedule go-live? ;)

(boom, Requiel hits the ground ;))

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Aha, an update!

Now, here's the $64,000 question - when is the "goa.com portal" schedule go-live? ;)

Heh, was going to ask the same question myself but.... nvm :)

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
and requiel this just shows how much attention GOA pay to DAOC :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
This makes no sense whatsoever. Seems what Req said seems perfectly clear to me :)
Only because we have been here so long and are used to DAoC being a backburner job, while they are using the downtime to install and play UT2003 all afternoon.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Only because we have been here so long and are used to DAoC being a backburner job, while they are using the downtime to install and play UT2003 all afternoon.

LOL!! Not quite true from where I sit and my understanding but still funny! xD

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Aha, an update!

Late March according to the website. That would be pretty much around now-ish which is why it's all hands on deck for the webteam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom