if god is real

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
then it makes perfect sense pokemon are real and live in a pokeworld. and somehow we can get through to that world.

why not guys?

Pokeclipse -> Today was a sad day.

apparently some people have already been to this pokemon dimension.

its as believable as some dude walking on water imo.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well tris-, not to say there's not a pokeworld out there, have you considered your point of view from this angle:(?)

"I have a ferrari in my garage."

"I have a ferrari, two lamborghinis and an aston martin in my garage, next to my three high speed bikes and 1979 original stormtrooper outfit."

Both seem "iffy", if you don't trust the person, but the other seems like something that COULD be possible.

Just saying.

Not to mention, it's as likely as some big explosion happening, and then billions of years later, some primal slime, after billions of years of "just chillin", decides one day to evolve and walk about, leaving all the other primal slime pointing and whispering "look at this cheeky f*cker" Then this slime decides to turn into all sorts of things with wings and legs and hoses for noses, until one of these things goes "ooh thumbs" like it just saw jessica alba naked, and starts building civilizations and finally believe in another thing who walks on water.

tris-

i think its perfectly reasonable that somewhere 2 pikachu are making love.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Why did my wifes 21 year old cousin drop dead on Saturday afternoon?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Better question is, why not.

Could've turned to a mass murdering f*ck, child molestor, sniper extreme, could've started WWIII - A Day To Remember(movie rights pending) and all that other fun stuff normal people do.

Or could not.

People die, when they die, how they die, by own, other or no fault whatsoever. Thinking about why, doesn't bring 'em back.

Consulting your local Voodoo Priestess on the other hand...

Calaen

I think its safe to assume that at 21 she had out grown any issues she had with regards to being a potential murderer :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I think its safe to assume that at 21 she had out grown any issues she had with regards to being a potential murderer :p

Not gonna get into that discussion, since it would only lead, as it's a close person to you, into heated debate.

Calaen

She was not close to me at all. I just find it strange that people can contemplate their being a god.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
She was not close to me at all. I just find it strange that people can contemplate their being a god.

Alright then, just making sure i don't hit a nerve or anything.

Nobody out grows potential mental issues, if they are there, they will be there. Some might even say, everyone has dorment mental issues, but most just live without them manifesting in such drastic ways. Ever seen the "oh he was such a nice boy" or "oh i couldn't believe she could do it", that would be your wife, IF she had snapped. And anyone, everyone, can snap.

I'm not saying she was or wasn't meant to die, i'm saying she did, end of, but ofcourse there's my beliefs in that. Not wanting to sound disrespectful ofcourse and i'm not trying to ridicule the loss.

About "contemplating on god/s", i don't get it either, either you believe or you don't, there's no "if/maybe".

megadave

I am a FH squatter
i cant even comprehend believing such a ridiculous theory as god, i mean be serious. when i sit down and think about it just makes me laugh :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
i cant even comprehend believing such a ridiculous theory as god, i mean be serious. when i sit down and think about it just makes me laugh :)

Yet you believe in all this "evolution theory" and such?

Which story is more "ridicilous"? Neither, just different.

Or how about, would you believe there are other lifeforms out there? Would you believe they could be more evolved then us? Older then us? Possibly guide us?

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Yet you believe in all this "evolution theory" and such?

Which story is more "ridicilous"? Neither, just different.

Or how about, would you believe there are other lifeforms out there? Would you believe they could be more evolved then us? Older then us? Possibly guide us?
Yes i believe in evolution, the concept of creatures changing over the course of millions of years isnt so crazy, especially since theres evidence of similar stuff on a much smaller scale.

And yeah i see no reason why there couldnt be other life forms somewhere in the vast depths of space but personally i don't reckon its possible they've evolved so much that they can just conjure up entire planets like ours.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yes i believe in evolution, the concept of creatures changing over the course of millions of years isnt so crazy, especially since theres evidence of similar stuff on a much smaller scale.

And yeah i see no reason why there couldnt be other life forms somewhere in the vast depths of space but personally i don't reckon its possible they've evolved so much that they can just conjure up entire planets like ours.

Ok. Good points, and i do think evolution as such is a reason we're here.

But, controlled evolution isn't a far fetched story, right?

Let's say we were this primal ooze, then someone decided to "start" a chain reaction. Kinda like, poke in the right direction.

And over the years, the control is left untouched(as in, no gods interferance etc).

And every now and then, this being comes back to check on his/her/ts pet project.

They don't have to conjure planets, but let's say from our point of view, cloning, robotics, etc, is quite possible.

All they would need, is the means to get here and the means to alter genetics really. And we're not that far from that. Imagine a species, that is born under different atmospheric and other conditions, but somewhere around the time this whole thing che-banged into motion.

Now, if you can say that there is the possibility of another higher species just poking us into the right direction, then the concept of god isn't that far off, just, said in a more "common" way. Or primal if you will.

If the cavemen saw our flying ships of thunder, they would most likely call them "gods".

tris-

why anything happens.

things happen because they are the most likely outcome from events that happend previously.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
i think we (earth) are just some alien kids tooth in a alien cup of coca cola which has been shocked by electricity !

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Ok. Good points, and i do think evolution as such is a reason we're here.

But, controlled evolution isn't a far fetched story, right?

Let's say we were this primal ooze, then someone decided to "start" a chain reaction. Kinda like, poke in the right direction.

And over the years, the control is left untouched(as in, no gods interferance etc).

And every now and then, this being comes back to check on his/her/ts pet project.

They don't have to conjure planets, but let's say from our point of view, cloning, robotics, etc, is quite possible.

All they would need, is the means to get here and the means to alter genetics really. And we're not that far from that. Imagine a species, that is born under different atmospheric and other conditions, but somewhere around the time this whole thing che-banged into motion.

Now, if you can say that there is the possibility of another higher species just poking us into the right direction, then the concept of god isn't that far off, just, said in a more "common" way. Or primal if you will.

If the cavemen saw our flying ships of thunder, they would most likely call them "gods".
I don't know i think there would be some sort of evidence. Earth seems so natural, it's like everything sort of fits. But then i guess we might not know if it was manufactured or slightly altered. It's a fun idea but it seems a little far fetched, i mean what would the point of it be?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I don't know i think there would be some sort of evidence. Earth seems so natural, it's like everything sort of fits. But then i guess we might not know if it was manufactured or slightly altered. It's a fun idea but it seems a little far fetched, i mean what would the point of it be?

Aye, it's all very natural...a bit too natural :D

No but seriously, there are things that boggle the mind on this globe alone, not to mention the whole rotating working system we're in. And the fact we're in it at all.

But, not impossible. And as such, "god", isn't impossible, just that people are so dumb(ironic point coming) that the "creator" has to be dumb'ed down to a god.

The point? Well, people in australia(i think) are creating a "miniature world" on computers, people in new york are trying to invent a black hole(oh gods...) and if we look at people and their experiments in whole, well, there's no real point in it.

I think, that gods do exist, atleast a god now(old thingy i've been working on), but as such, the "god" is simply a pokeyproddy scientist of a advanced species.

Laddey

FH is my second home
You wish your dad was real, but no he isn't. Your real one festers in a corner in Bosnia

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
About there not being an if/maybe, I'm not quite sure I agree.

I myself don't believe in a god. I also don't believe in 1 primordial puddle, but more like multiple puddles all over this rock, where things just happen to morph somewhat, in some directions, and a few amino acids started appearing, which morphed into proteins, followed by enzymes and shit. Probably along the way also morphed into a million and some useless shit... but hey, that's not really important, because they're, well... useless... :p

Anyway, Once from all that crap, a few dna-like strings were formed, >> Single cell organisms like bacteria >> simple multi-cell organisms >> more advanced multi-cell organisms and fast-forward to Toh, Ez and me.

Doesn't mean I don't believe in the possibility of some 5'th dimension creature, or god, or whatever. Just means that I don't care too much. If he/she/it exists, there's nothing we can do about it. Can't prove it, can't disprove it, so what's the use...
Hence my maybe. I simply can't be arsed to make a decision about it.

tris-

were all forgetting the point in the thread.

which is to take the piss out of people who think pokemon exist IRL.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Yeah but...you think i'm real don't ya?

Pokétoht?

seel.gif

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ey ey ey!

I'm no poke anything.

Unless it's a jamaican woman, then i'll poke her *grin*

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I like to think of a "Yugioh" world instead, where everyone plays childrens cardgame, and everyone that doesn´t is immature!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol well tbh if people can believe in god, aliens, ghosts, father christmas then why not pokemon?

i mean its not that far fetched and people will believe anything...there are even some out there who believe goldie hawn has never had plastic surgery, personally compared to that i find the idea of pokemon wholley believable.

now if youll excuse me im off to populate my universe with ingafgrinn so that we can wage war on the pokemon andi can make squirtle my love slave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom