If a new DAOC Expansion came with a "free" headset and mike

illu

Part of the furniture
I was thinking that it would make the game better :>

Say DAOC collaborated with Vent or whatever people use these days to yap, and supplied a "free" headset with mike, I think so many more people would RvR or chat or gain something extra out of the game.

I've had very limited 8v8 experience, but the few times I have taken my SM out to play in 8v8, and only being able to hear chat and not speak on it was a shame, but it took the game to another level. People chat random crap, funny jokes, more team spirit when attacking the enemy.

I think this should be implemented :> "Free"* headsets for all (TM)!

Oli - Illu

*you actually pay for them in the purchase price of course :)

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
intigrated voicechat would be cool. Like in LotR-O.

There are little green microphone symbols on every groupmember if he has it activated. If anybody is talking, it turns red so you can see who's talking.

Nice little tool to see whos talking if u group up with ppl u doesnt know.

Arwena, Stabz, Tuxedo and me was and still are on ts all time.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
yuo can get that tho, a program that shows whos talking, cant remember name havnt used it :(

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
lol Illu a top notch idea even though it will never happen now :)

For me personally DAoC without voice comms is such a waste. I started using it in games many many years ago but in DAoC is especially useful for loads of reasons but mainly because it adds a huge fun element to the game.

The amount of complete and total bollox thats spouted in my vent server is truly astounding (mentioning no names *cough* Nate and Jollz - handbags at 12 paces ladies lol). Going back to when I invited ppl to join it on Dragon Raids its always been a great fun addition to teh game (as anyone whose been on my server can testify to lol)

Septina

Part of the furniture
intigrated voicechat would be cool. Like in LotR-O.

There are little green microphone symbols on every groupmember if he has it activated. If anybody is talking, it turns red so you can see who's talking.

Nice little tool to see whos talking if u group up with ppl u doesnt know.

Arwena, Stabz, Tuxedo and me was and still are on ts all time.

The LOTRO ingame voicechat is indeed a nifty tool, shame the quality is aweful tho, atleast compared to Ventrilo @ 44khz. :)

Gamah

Banned
Dunno, imagine joining a PUG with Manisch and hearing his camp girly voice? You would go mad trying to work out what sex it was whilst it asked you what the weather was like in agramon and how it likes to masturbate with it's star wars collectables.

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
they are putting in game voice com in game soon they have deal with a company and should be in patch 1.90 afaik

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Dunno, imagine joining a PUG with Manisch and hearing his camp girly voice? You would go mad trying to work out what sex it was whilst it asked you what the weather was like in agramon and how it likes to masturbate with it's star wars collectables.

Keep dreaming, no one on Albion grouped you. Screaming on your Noobstrel at realm mates and then later bug abusing and zerging on your Bainshee didn't help your case, even though you had highly successful time with Progressive and Severance.

Gamah

Banned
Keep dreaming, no one on Albion grouped you. Screaming on your Noobstrel at realm mates and then later bug abusing and zerging on your Bainshee didn't help your case, even though you had highly successful time with Progressive and Severance.

Ahh yes sarcasam

Not sure why you think sev were not succesful, we raped your groups over and over. I had so much fun with sev with nice people and had some quality laughs.

But sorry we didn't live up to the "skilled" standards that a sexless geek like you requires :(

+ I got regular full groups on the minstrel, however solo was much more rewarding ;)

As for bug absuing..Since I have never been banned for abusing a bug I think you're;

1. Talking shit
2. cant prove fuck all.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
It's quite amusing how guys like you who "rape" together with 7 others call me "sexless geeks", especially after they "raped" me ;-). Keep it up Gamah.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Go back to off topic or start playing the game Gamah, mkay?

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Please, but make it Sennheiser PC150 or so, not some crap.

I can fully agree on that, I don't want to hear some shshhHHshshshhHShshs then /g WTF I TOLD YOU I HAD NEARSIGHT!!!!!!

Sennheiser is the way to go =) :wub:

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Sounds nice such an intergrated Ventrilo, especially if they plan on opening a middle-east'ish server in the future as they aren't allowed to use Vent according to Ventrilo's download policy:

Ventrilo is subject to United States export controls. Ventrilo may not be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported: into (or to a national or resident of) Afghanistan, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, Syria or any other country to which the United States has embargoed goods; or any organization or company on the United States Commerce Department's "Denied Parties List."

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Didnt they mention this Agggggessss ago, would be great, but the thing that stopped it in game was the policing of it, if everyone in an alliance or guild joins it, who knows how to maintain it wihtout plebs and chavs screwing it up for everyone else shouting "eat my turds alb scum!!!". Or just going xrealm to verbally abuse someone...like some from FH would.

Mundokar

One of Freddy's beloved
Didnt they mention this Agggggessss ago, would be great, but the thing that stopped it in game was the policing of it, if everyone in an alliance or guild joins it, who knows how to maintain it wihtout plebs and chavs screwing it up for everyone else shouting "eat my turds alb scum!!!". Or just going xrealm to verbally abuse someone...like some from FH would.

If it autocreates groupchannels and guildchannels you wouldnt have the problem i think. And yes giv Sennheiser !! (absolutely loving my headset)

deez

Fledgling Freddie
give voicecom ingame so you can talk ingame to everyone you meat without having to join a vent server or anything like that - atleast i think it would be cool =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom