IE9 Beta

Embattle

FH is my second home
Well so far for me it seems fast and fine.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Install Wine.

IE9 is actually not bad considering it's a M$ jobbie.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Better site to desktop integration, hardware acceleration, apparently the UI uses fewer pixels then even chrome.

Embattle

FH is my second home
It is indeed fast, although that sort of remark is always subjective unless running the various tests out on the net. The desktop intergration is nice, although other than Windows 7 no idea how well it works with things such as pulling of tabs and also pinning websites to the taskbar.

Flash Update - Adobe Labs - Downloads: Flash Player "Square" Preview Release

Includes these changes:

• 64-bit support — Native support for 64-bit operating systems and 64-bit web browsers on Linux, Mac OS, and Windows.
  • Internet Explorer 9 hardware accelerated rendering support — Enhanced support for Internet Explorer 9 Beta. It takes advantage of hardware accelerated graphics in Internet Explorer 9 Beta, utilizing hardware rendering surfaces to improve graphics performance and enable seamless composition.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The preview flash player seems to be slightly problematic, at least for me websites had problems even finding it.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Booted Win7 to try it. Much faster and prettier admittedly.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The preview flash player seems to be slightly problematic, at least for me websites had problems even finding it.

This issue was my fault since I had the 64bit plugin but didn't realise the default IE9 is actually 32bit. Although in testing on things like sunspider the 64bit version showed up as being 4 times slower than the 32bit version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom