Identity

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Just watched this film which I though was pretty good, until it got to the ending which was shite. Anyone agree or are you gonna pull that "significant to the plot" crap with me?

Although hardly a headfucker I figured it out halfway though which is good for me.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
the one with robin williams and al pacino ? It was ok, in my opinion. Although Robin Williams was shite as a bad guy.

00dave

old.Osy said:
the one with robin williams and al pacino ? It was ok, in my opinion. Although Robin Williams was shite as a bad guy.

No :touch: the one with Ray Liotta and the people in the storm in a motel with the killings.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
00dave said:
No :touch: the one with Ray Liotta and the people in the storm in a motel with the killings.

Ah, that one. I liked it a lot, up untill I solved the mistery.

By the time I realized it was the boy, movie lost it's charm. The multiple personalities thing kinda shattered me a bit, but i got over it pretty fast, because Cusack got wacked :( He was good boy.

I'd give it a "good thriller" award, but nothing more.

Beck

Fledgling Freddie
Ever heard of spoiler tags? :touch:

Anyway I enjoyed it.. not too hard to figure out the 'evil' personality. Oh and the end was ok imo, who wants an happy ending? Not me!

The other film you is on about was called 'Insomnia' which I have but havnt watched yet.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Identity is a top film. John Cusack rules, and anyone who says otherwise is full of lies and jism.

leggy

Probably Scottish
:/

I thought it was an interesting idea but executed poorly. Was decent couch entertainment but I wouldn't go as far as to say it was a good film.

*full of lies and jism*

Trem

No, no, you are only full of lies and jism if you don't think John Cusack rules.

Did I 'send' you Identity Leggington?

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
It was entertaining, no desire to watch it again mind.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Trem said:
No, no, you are only full of lies and jism if you don't think John Cusack rules.

Did I 'send' you Identity Leggington?

You did indeed matey thanks :) (twice, my dvd player was borked)

John Cusack does rule. Identity doesn't.

Trem

Will speak to you in Irc later my Scottish love muffin, see if theres owt else you wanna lend.

00dave

Never said anything about a happy ending, just an ending. The problem is there is no sense of an end, as someone on imdb pointed out it's usually hollywood making sure there is a possiblity for a sequel.

leggy

Probably Scottish
00dave said:
Never said anything about a happy ending, just an ending. The problem is there is no sense of an end, as someone on imdb pointed out it's usually hollywood making sure there is a possiblity for a sequel.

Let's get this straight. No one said you were talking about a happy ending, the ending was a bit crap and predictable but definitely not happy. And "no sense of an end?". I'm sure the ending was pretty damn final if you ask me. Only the lame, mentaly depressed or terminally stupid would attempt a sequel to a film like identity.

Like I said it was a decent idea and reasonably original, they just made an arse of it. For one, they made the twist far too easy to figure out and gave it up too early. Secondly, with the exception of Cusack and the small boy, the acting was pretty second rate.

Anyway, I have more to rant about but I have work to do... I think

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
Went to see identity at the cinema when it was released, altho when I say "went to see" I mean "was dragged to". Was the only film i've ever gone to see that I seriously considered leaving halfway thru, only the fact that John Cusack happens to be a decent actor allowed me to endure the entire film.
The plot was lacklustre imo and the twist was bleeding obvious, spent most of the film just waiting for them to show the twist and prove me right.

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
Identity is a watch and discard movie unfortunately and like many JC films .. underrated by public. Personally thought that despite the storyline being rather decent the plot progression was badly paced < i, for one, dont like movies with loooong introduction, so to speak, and rushed finale >. Cast is good as ever, FX were fitting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom