Ideas to improve RvR for everyone...

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
Dorimor1 said:
I agree with most of this post, the only thing I'm not too sure about is removing relics, perhaps nerf the bonuses a realm gets when controlling one.

Thats a thought. The realm with the relics is a realm which is doing well - and therefore doesn't need a bonus to defeat the enemy. Why not reverse the bonus - ie. make it an equivalent penalty (20% down on melee and spell damage), and at the same time increase the realm points rewarded, say up to 50% more if your realm has all the relics. Then the dominant realm find fighting harder - but gets more reward.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
How about if they remove assist but allowed people to "flag" enemies?
Like the big pointy arrow thing hunters get in WoW, it appears above your targets head so your friends can see who to go for, but it also tells that person he is being targetted.

Maybe put a small reuse timer on it too, 10-15 secs or so.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
sounds like you basically want casters to be pointless again. Remove CC and nerf thier damage - so how do casters survive for more than 20secs against melee?

Has to be some sort of balance, at higher RR I think it is fairly balanced between melee and casters, I dont see why we should screw that up and nerf higher RR people just because some of us (myself included) don't RvR much and die to them.

edit: Remove /stick /face /assist /follow and last target from the game, if your not at your keyboard and awake then tough shit.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Dorimor1 said:
I agree with most of this post, the only thing I'm not too sure about is removing relics, perhaps nerf the bonuses a realm gets when controlling one.

if you nerf what they're worth then why have them? the whole point of the game is to fight over them.

Dorimor1

Banned
Kami said:
if you nerf what they're worth then why have them? the whole point of the game is to fight over them.

That is not the whole point of the game, Kami. And if you actually read what I posted you'd know that nerfing doesn't mean taking away the bonuses completely, perhaps instead of 10% bonus to melee/casting damage per power/strength relic 5% bonus, was just a thought.

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
I praise all your efforts to try and sort this game out, and I glare at those that say nothing will happen, look at the current population of the game as a whole, if GoA do nothing then this game will die a slow death. SI - Good - ToA - Bad - NF - Bad - Cata - Good/Bad? This is the big one - Game lives or dies on Cata - sadly Cata is in addition to ToA/NF so from my point of view they are just adding another PvE grind (although in your own dungeon) but have/will not address ToA. ToA has given classes abilities they should not have, thus rendering classes that have trained hard to get them (FOP my main bug bear) useless. NF - Keep hopping - has reduced the routes available to ambush passing groups, NF was originally released as a more exciting arena, I think alot will agree it is not. Where are all these pinch points and easy routes they mentioned? Just port - much easier.

Disgruntled player <--- Who has decided only way your gonna get my money is to start listening to the ppl that play (Subs Cancelled - Cata not ordered)

shaark

Loyal Freddie
[/QUOTE]

Disgruntled player <--- Who has decided only way your gonna get my money is to start listening to the ppl that play (Subs Cancelled - Cata not ordered)[/QUOTE]

me to just canceled today the Catacombs and why? 4fg of albs cant take 1fg hibs? even if ur stupid u most beat that grp

1 firebolg kileed 3 melee lvl 50 and 1 cleric imposibile to play
the casters hit me with 1200 dmg, wtf is that, tomorow we can wait the hobs to come with a bazoka
melee chars in Daoc r allmost finish, if u want to do a char u most do caster coze u dont have nothing to do with
i will cancel the auto payment allso and i will play until the month expire

vintervargen

Banned
Svartmetall said:
7: Introduce a Mastery Of Melee RA, since casters get Mastery Of Magery but at present there is no equivalent RA for melees. Which is unfair.

casters:

cast speed
range
spell dmg
acuity cap
dex cap

mom
wp
aug dex
aug acu

acuity
dex
dex/qui

tanks:

melee speed
style dmg
melee dmg
str cap
qui cap

mopain
aug str
aug qui

str
str/con
dex/qui
haste
dmg-adds
(celerity)

looks pretty equal to me (unless i have forgotten anything), only thing missing is an acuitydebuff, but i guess nearsight can count as that.

Koyochi

Fledgling Freddie
Lots of good points in first post, wich I can only agree with.

On the subject of tanks, cc and casters : Much could be solved if interuption would not be a on/off effect, but rather give a penalty. So a tank hitting a caster would reduce the damage done by this caster by 50% for example. This could allow a lot of the cc to be removed, while still having some kind of balance. Tanks should then still get to the casters as quick as possible, and casters should still hit tanks before they come to close, but it should not be an all or nothing situation, rather just the opening of the fight. So casters should be able to survive without cc.

As a caster you should learn to avoid melee situations anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom