Ideas for my Alevel DT project

EvilMonkeh

Fledgling Freddie
Im doing systems and control for DT (design an technology)
Im making a game/learning jobby for children.
What i need is ideas for logical games that could be done with the following:
5 Buttons
5 Led's
A Buzzer
An LCD Screen (2 line)

Currently i have written one game which is basically Simon Says with 5 Lights (the one where a sequence of lights is played and you must repeat it and it gets progressively harder)

I would really appreciate any ideas for games a child might like! (i dont mind if they are blatent copies either :) )
They just need to be do-able with the I/O components listed above ;)

As i am using an Eeprom chip ( Picaxe ) the whole logic of the program is done by writing a program in basic and programming the chip, hence i can change it easily:)

ta

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
A futuristic version of simon says !

[edit]
Shit posted b4 i read the full info above :(
[/edit]

EvilMonkeh

Fledgling Freddie
xane said:
Mastermind ?
that, my friend, is a possibillity:D
ill start thinking about the program:)
seeing as the LED's are red, it would have to be either on or off, but seeing as its aimed at children, maybe simplicity isnt such a bad thing :)

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
rather like simon says, but the lighs flash for a certain amount of time during which you have to psuh the button. after every 4 say the level increases and they go faster. LCD screen can display what level you got to

Whipped

Part of the furniture
How about a reflex game. Something like the whack-a-mole games.

Spread the LEDs and Buttons out on a bit of wood. Then program the chip to flash the lights at random, progressively getting harder (faster, more than one light). If you hit the right button at the right time then buzz and keep a generic score displayed on the LCD.

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
Have one of those hand ey-coordination games where you have an electric circuit and a buzzer for when the circuit is completed, the difference is, fry the little buggers when they get it wrong! none of this buzzer rubbish, 240 of your lovely volts through their hands! mwahhahahah

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Put a handle on one end, because they'll get bored really quickly, and want to hit things with it. Also get some flavouring, and coat liberally, because they'll try and eat it first.

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Stick them on the front of a toy car and make like a Nightrider car, then program the LCD screen to say things like 'Good morning Michael' awsome, i'd play with that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom