Idea to boost Albion's Relic and Realm Defense

R

rhemis

THE FIRST BIT IS MY WAFFLE THE SECOND IS THE POINT IN HAND

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still remember my first few characters on Albion Excalibur and tbh since last November to today things have gotten worse, although i will always love Albion and play a few Chars there i dont think i could ever play a full time serious char there because no-one gives a fuck about the realm, well thats not totally true and i know a few guilds out there that go out everyday and take keeps and defend and re-take our keeps just so some fat lazy arsed lvl50 can go farm DF Dia's without doing fuck all to earn it, it kinda pisses me off so here's my idea to make keep taking more appealing.....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE IDEA..

ok i think its been said before but i think its a cracking idea....
The majority of keep takes are done by lvl 50's with some lvl 44's to make up the numbers...but what do you actually get for it?? fuck all....just the expense of upgrading the doors and making the rams...which is understandable why a lot of guilds dont claim keeps..

Problems with Keep takes:
1. NO Realm Points unless someone is inside defending it
2. NO Money for doing it, those guards drop shit.
3. It's Boring!!

Solution:

1. Have a set amount of RP to be handed out to all those who actively took part when the keep lord dies, also those who healed and ress'd also get share, it could be set at maybe 5k -10k rp depending on the importance of the keep, i.e the closer you are the home border like Sauvage the more the keep is worth when taken. Also the same applies when RE-taking your own keep, the further away it is the better the RP for you to re-claim it, hopefully this would encourage people to go out more to stop these damn middies and hippies taking our keeps.

2. Same applies for the money situation maybe a pot og 500g to be shared out to all those who take, i know its not a masive ammount but it would go someways to upgrading doors and actually claiming keeps.

3. To make guilds claim keeps.
If your keep is taken you earn Extra RP for re-taking / and or defending your keep successfully for a set amount of time, also money could be shared out too.

4. ITS BORING

Well yes it can be tedious if no-one is defending but hopefully the above would make it more interesting.

any idea's add's, flames rants please keep them civil it is only an idea afterall and yes it may suck but atleast im sat here thinking of ways to keep Albion from disappearing like a bad curry on a friday night!!
peace out.
Rhemis.

F

Fagane

I would remove the money part, and put the rps on the guards/lord and door (in case a door is also an object like a guard). Who did most dammage on the guard/door will get most rps from the kill (or his group).

But a good idea,

Fagane

T

tonita

Then you get a matter cabalist 2 cleric and go farm rps on a lvl 10 keep near you :)
great idea =D

P

Pin

Originally posted by rhemis
Solution:

1. Have a set amount of RP to be handed out to all those who actively took part when the keep lord dies, also those who healed and ress'd also get share, it could be set at maybe 5k -10k rp depending on the importance of the keep, i.e the closer you are the home border like Sauvage the more the keep is worth when taken. Also the same applies when RE-taking your own keep, the further away it is the better the RP for you to re-claim it, hopefully this would encourage people to go out more to stop these damn middies and hippies taking our keeps.

Your guild gets RPs for holding a keep. You get RPs if you defend your own keep.

2. Same applies for the money situation maybe a pot og 500g to be shared out to all those who take, i know its not a masive ammount but it would go someways to upgrading doors and actually claiming keeps.

Taking an unclaimed/unupgraded keep with 1fg and picking up all the cash the guards drop will net you around 250g. Taking the keep with 4 people (i.e. taking longer, more guard spawns) will net you around 500g.

Taking a claimed and upgraded keep will net over 1p.

3. To make guilds claim keeps.
If your keep is taken you earn Extra RP for re-taking / and or defending your keep successfully for a set amount of time, also money could be shared out too.

Your guild already gets RPs for claiming the keep, and all members of the guild get RP bonuses on their kills and more bonuses if they are actively defending the keep.

R

rhemis

yeah i know you get bonuses for claimg keeps on RP's but its still isnt enough to make guilds claim keeps, i mean look at how many keeps are unclaimed, possibly 50% go unclaimed on a daily basis and more often than not these are the ones that are taken first like beno

..these keeps should have perhaps a higher RP bonus then more guilds would perhaps WANT to claim them, i.e those that are further away like Bledmeer, Beno etc.. would then be claimed and upgraded thus offering more RP to those attacking forces wanting to claim them, the money idea was gay and doesnt matter, but the RP is what most RR10 wannabes are after so surely it would make more sense to add more RP's to harder to defend Keeps to make them leave the Emain Zerg to get them.

sure the Emain Zerg can net you upto 70k rp in a week from what ive seen but its destroying RvR for FGvsFG (which basically doesnt exist anymore only a few still get fights like that) and less Alb's Zerging is good for Everyone concerned!! less people in Emain...more in Odin's and Hadrians...

edit...

Yes so what if a matter cabbie and 2 clerics claim a keep good luck to them, thats more keeps back on the side of Albion which is Good!! Although if you meant that in a good way i agree with you.

Also the RP's on doors and Guards and lord is a good idea, i wasnt totally sure on how much money you can farm from a keep cos i never really bothered with it, or bothered to look at what i was getting... and to some people its fun,,...i enjoy it..but the majority see it as a chore to Get DF, surely then we need a DF imporovement, seeing as most people see DF as the best thing GOA ever did etc.. or mythic..whatever!! perhaps we should have a DF open day once a month where you cant attack any other realm but can grp with em..hehe gay idea but it'd be funny!! but seriously i think DF needs an overhaul not only to the way the mobs are placed making it damn hard sometimes to get places to also have something new added to boost popularity amongst younger players!

H

hercules-df

Originally posted by tonita
Then you get a matter cabalist 2 cleric and go farm rps on a lvl 10 keep near you :)
great idea =D

heh heh

imagine the rps from relic guards :D

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

~has image of Keep taking becoming the new tanglers~

Good idea. Shame none of the muppets at Mythic will ever take on a good idea.

R

rhemis

yes sadly Mythic dont seem to want to improve things unless they think of it, but i shall concise it and send it off anyhow in the vain hope that they even can be arsed to read it

O

old.Ramas

yeah i know you get bonuses for claimg keeps on RP's but its still isnt enough to make guilds claim keeps, i mean look at how many keeps are unclaimed, possibly 50% go unclaimed on a daily basis and more often than not these are the ones that are taken first like beno

Actually whenever we have at least one relic all the keeps are claimed near 100% of the time.

O

old.Ramas

Though for what it's worth I do think taking a keep should provide everyone in range with a few RPs. (Though I mean a few hundred, not a few thousand).

Guards shoudln't give RP, but could give xp.

People forget just how much xp is required to achieve anything.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by old.Ramas
Actually whenever we have at least one relic all the keeps are claimed near 100% of the time.

Fellowship alliance was actively claiming any unclaimed keep we came across, even when we didnt have a relic.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by old.Ramas
Though for what it's worth I do think taking a keep should provide everyone in range with a few RPs. (Though I mean a few hundred, not a few thousand).

Guards shoudln't give RP, but could give xp.

People forget just how much xp is required to achieve anything.

guards giving xp sounds good but will do squad all for the 50's

I think when the lord falls there should be a certain amount of RP for all who are in the keep, depending on the lvl of the keep. Samething like 'lvl of keep' * 100rp per player who took part.

Now the situation for me is : if i log on after i get home from work can play 3h or so. If i am not on some silly guild thingy i spend most of my time retaking alb keeps. Most of the time after taking beno and maybe another keep i have to log and i will have made 500rp, 1K if lucky. Now i could get 3 times as much just by doing /stick /endchant /afk in the emain zerg.

So i think there should be an RP reword for retaking keep, but like you say not for killing guards, cause that would indeed endup in keeps just beeing farmed

Y

-yoda-

no doubt (hopefully) the soon inc rvr expansion will have stuff to make keep defense/attacking a lot more atractive,. they said they gona try enhance our rvr for both open combat and keep stuff :) so "fingers crossed"

Users who are viewing this thread