Idea for Personal Horses

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Generic Poster
errr, don't believe anything you see in LOTR2!
It's a falsified version of the book.

LOTR was barely acceptable, TT is a load of crap.

You do realise... Lord of the Rings isn't a.. true.. story? It's false to y'know

A

Armalite

I want 4 gimps carrying me around on one of those chairs like the romans used in the 'ol days. :p

S

Sigurd

Horses in battle would really be nice.. maybe they could only be ridden by the main tank classes (Warrior, Armsman, Hero) and hybrid tanks? (Pal, Champ, Thane)

K

klavrynd

LOTR was barely acceptable, TT is a load of crap.

you must be the first person that actually shares my vision.

ontopic now : givf dyable horses, i want a pink horse and ride into the sunset with hrod

D

Derric

I want a 1974 Dodge Sedan,black and white...with no lighter in it.

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by Elft0r !!1

You do realise... Lord of the Rings isn't a.. true.. story? It's false to y'know

Blasfemy!
burn!

M

~Mobius~

Originally posted by klavrynd

you must be the first person that actually shares my vision.

The films are good, not a touch on the book though, most people wont agree since they dont have the patience to read all 3 books + the history etc.

G

Gabrial

If they introduce horses in combat then a major advantage of speed classes is totally negated but outside RvR I dont see why not. Better idea for me though is horses that go everywhere and also teleports that cost money to use.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Xarr

imagine a caster on horseback too just riding away from danger and casting away...

sorry but that's just cool :)

Elven eldritch trots away on his white horse, says 'whooah dobbin, got to magic up some fireballs here'.

Paladin avec Horse, lance and plate barding thunders towards yon caster :)

Kobold warrior on wolf spurs in from the side knocking the paladin from his mount before having his warg viciously savage the paladin's head.

then the zerg arrives and tramples them all into a bloody pulp.

OK, so I doubt they'd ever code that.... but might be possible.

(hrm bonuses to hit from horseback... ability to kill the horse instead of the player... unseating people from horseback knocking them to the ground for fall damage/stun whilst they get up. Need to be able to dismount and lead the horse (tricky getting through the milegate otherwise))

K

Kerram Darktyde

It would be cool to have mounts but are way too open for abuse and unbalancing any balance we have left..

And if mounts do come into RvR I want Speed songs not to be broken by combat.

but not that it matters really Horses/mounts would not reach us until Xmas at the earliest as Mythic are doing houses for the next few months anyway..

K

klavrynd

tolkien sucks, he made gandalf a full staff friar instead of a wizzie

nurv!!

J

.Jos.

Wolves

Isn't the "Wolves of Isengard" the name that Saruman's Orc army marches under?

The dog/wolf hybrids are called Wargs though....they are even some in game (Midgard and Albion at least).

K

kinag

Battle horses seems like a bad idea in my view, i think that it will ruin the game...
but that is my oppinion...

N

nju

sure let them implement them battlehorses

make plate more realistic at the same time

i mean, just think about it, did the plate wearing knights run about the battlefield like their arses were on fire? no.. they were horseback and fought from there. lol just imagine wearing tons of metal on yerself then trying to catch someone :p oh and u know that usually when a plated knight fell off his horse it was practicly game over for them - lol would need to be quite the ninja arnold to get one's arse up again without help

S

Sigurd

Plate armour was hard to move in, but not impossible - knights could climb the underside of a ladder in plate armour, which is pretty damn hard to do... anyway, if they wanted to make it realistic, scale would have a higher AF than plate :p

O

old.Jable

i think that druids should be able to ride their pets depending on size. i have always believed this, and will continue to believe this no matter what anyone says. i want to see firbys riding into battle on lynxes, sod everyone else. you dont need em.

btw lotr had a strong script, the two towers was crap. where were the references to chapter titles that were so well weaved into the first film? what was with the complete soddamy of the faramir character? why did frodo go the osgiliath and show the ring wraith exactly what he had on his middle finger? ill watch it again when the special edition is released - hopefully this will place some of the story correctly. why use the title of a well known book and call yourself a devoit fan, only to change the most essential parts of the book?

to me, the fact frodo's mission was kept secret was the main reason that the mission to mordor was successful. they were unknown to the enemy and the enemy would assume that no one would want to destroy the ring, only use its power against him at which point he would snap the ring back under his control and be victorious. the wraiths didnt come near the ring so he never found out who carried it beyond riverndell.

ah well

O

old.tRoG

Two Towers is good film, if you haven't read the books.

If you have, then it is complete and utter bullshite.

And... Worgs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom