Idea for Personal Horses

J

.Jos.

I recently had an idea for personal horses that i'll post to I can see how other people feel about it.

Maybe horses will have 5 levels like Minstrel/Skald/Bard/Theurgist/Sorcerer etc... speed. The speeds could be the same, and there would have to be some requirement to be permitted to get the next horse (level and something else - cash/quest maybe - that wasn't the main part of my idea).

I was thinking how good it would be if each class got a horse that became more like it as it progressed up through the 5 speeds, for example an Infil's horse would become quieter and black skinned, whereas a Bonedancer's horse may be a skeleton horse. Obviously there would have to be some kind of magic involved but I think it'd be a fun idea. What about you...?

O

old.Xarr

if they're gonna make player usable horses (i.e you are able to control them yourself) they gotta make sure that they're not usable in combat. other than that it seems like a nice concept...

O

old.Zarff

why only horses :)? I mean am I the only one that would like to ride on those hyena like creatures from lotr2? :p

N

nju

Originally posted by old.Xarr
if they're gonna make player usable horses (i.e you are able to control them yourself) they gotta make sure that they're not usable in combat. other than that it seems like a nice concept...

lol why not make it usable in combat, give the paladins, heros and thanes a lance and the armsmen, blademasters and warriors a horseman's axe

they could ride into combat lol would be cool :)

G

Generic Poster

I'd rather train my horse to eat lurikeen as I ride past.

M

~Mobius~

Originally posted by old.Zarff
why only horses :)? I mean am I the only one that would like to ride on those hyena like creatures from lotr2? :p

There Worgs, not Hyenas. :)

O

old.Xarr

Originally posted by nju

lol why not make it usable in combat, give the paladins, heros and thanes a lance and the armsmen, blademasters and warriors a horseman's axe

they could ride into combat lol would be cool :)

because that will utterly destroy the so-called and very delicate 'balance' we have in realm versus realm combat ;)

(i remember when player-controlled horses hit everquest)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I want my Keen to ride to battle on a Faerie Beetle!!:D

J

Jonaldo

I want to ride into battle on a lurikeen!

(or maybe 4 of them... carrying a large throne..)

K

Kagato.

Why not go whole hog and have personal dragons you can ride like in Dragonlance (lance's optional extras at only 1 plat more).

Seriously though not a bad idea to have the horses customisable to the classes, paladins could have white steeds with a holy aura about them, armsman can have proud black stallions with armour cladding and spiked shin guards etc, infils with swift and light built mounts.

And of cause the weirdos on the other realms can have suitably unusual rides :p

J

.Jos.

Thanks for bringing it away from the the combat discussion, although it does have to be thought about......perhaps there could be other ways of dismounting riders to force them into combat, for example a bow class can do a shot to knock them off a horse (something to put in the bow spec maybe) and steathers could buy an RA to allow them to slip onto someone's horse and "gently persuade" them to come off...

B

Belsameth

even if they don't introduce player horses, it would at least be nice if you can get a ticket to every other horse stop. and not just to a few. just needing one horse would remove half the tedium from traveling

E

Euthanasia.

I wouldn't mind riding into emain in a Peugeot 206 GTI o_O

O

old.Xarr

okay first problem if horses are usable in combat:

a little something called 'jousting'. the word derives from old when two knights would start at the end of an arena on each side and charge each other with lances.

if a player had a horse he would be using the slowest possible weapon for most damage and ride past a player and swing once at him. the played being attacked can only get one swing as well, so the player jousting from horseback is in no way penalized for using a slow weapon.

this destroyed player versus player combat in everquest...

imagine a caster on horseback too just riding away from danger and casting away...

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
I want my Keen to ride to battle on a Faerie Beetle!!:D
lol
:D
...I still want a lurikeen friar :p

M

~Mobius~

If there the same creatures that featured in the hobbit (which is sounds like they are) then there worgs, basically wolves with a cool name. :p

T

Teh Fonz!!1

I wanna ride a Firbolg...

Take that comment anyway you want. :D

D

DocWolfe

unicorn... so I could spear some kobold sbs

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by mobiusmid
If there the same creatures that featured in the hobbit (which is sounds like they are) then there worgs, basically wolves with a cool name. :p

Worgs are both bigger and smarter then normal wolves.

Tilda: yup, Worgs...

T

Tilda

bah ok.
in the film though there called Wolves or Isengard i think

Tilda

T

Teh Fonz!!1

I think you'll find they are called the BORG.

I couldn't be bothered reading what this is about btw.

T

Tilda

Originally posted by razorboy
nope, they are called worgs ;)

u sure? id swear in that big battle scene there refered to as Wolves.
nm eh :)
i could just be going deaf.

Tilda

H

-Hellforged-

Um, one word, teleportation portals....

*creeps back to hole

K

kinag

actually, they are called Wolves of Isengaard in LOTR2... i watched the movie for not long ago, and they are reffered to as that... ;)

G

Generic Poster

errr, don't believe anything you see in LOTR2!
It's a falsified version of the book.

LOTR was barely acceptable, TT is a load of crap.

O

old.Xarr

It's a fantasy film based on some book, it's not the book damnit. If only people could realize this and accept the films in their greatness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom