Idea for new Political Party

Litmus

Resident Freddy
With the way politics is going in the UK at the moment, it has left a lot of people like my self with a dilema for future elections/votes.

I can no longer vote for the same party that i have mostly supported, and at the moment there is'nt really any viable alternative to the two main parties.

So i was driving home tonight listening to the radio about the daily chaos thats going on in Westmisnter thinking how on earth are millions of people like my self going to vote if a general election was called in the near future and it got me thinking..

It would be more of a rebelion party against the current establishment for people who no longer have any confidence in the current set of MP's/Commons. I would call it something like "The Silent Rebelion Party"

Basically, the party would have no manifesto, it would have no political views so therfore neautral(not left or right), the entire purpose of the party would be a signal to Westminster to voice current public dissatisfaction in the whole political setup. It would also ensure people didnt "waste" their vote at the next election by not voting for anything, which normally helps the opposition. If any seats in parliment we're won it would refuse to take them(like Sinn Féin does). This is turn could hamper the next Govenment to form a majority if enough seats we're taken away.

Call it a cut your nose to spite your face way about things, but at the moment i am seriously pissed off about MP's being voted in by people on a party manifeso's then once they're in Parliment, just doing what ever the personally feel like. No matter which side of the fence you're on there there are MP's in that house who come from large leave area's who have done nothing but try and stop Brexit(Yvette Cooper for example) and others that come from heavy remain area's who have consistently voted to leave(Kate Hoey for example).

Entire thing stinks. Anyway, do you my theory on this type of party would have any following?

Last edited:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Probably but way UK electoral system works getting MPs will be very hard, UKIP got millions of votes but only 1 MP last time out

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Tbh that was a lot of the feeling behind brexit.
The only chance for a silent majority to vote against the establishment.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Probably but way UK electoral system works getting MPs will be very hard, UKIP got millions of votes but only 1 MP last time out
I think that’s part of the problem yes. Many people have no chance of their vote meaning anything. FPTP is dead.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yet when we had a chance for PR we fucked it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
AV+ != PR
To be fair - I can barely remember it or what we were voting for. There was barely any campaign - so it's not stuck in my mind.

I think the public didn't really understand what was on the table. At least, from discussions I had nobody even wanted to. The appetite for change wasn't there.

I voted for it too because a cursory glance told me it'd produce more moderate politics than FPTP.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I'm sure I voted but can't remember which way I went at the time.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
They should have a vote on PR before any general election. Brexit has shown that FPTP is not fit for purpose any longer.

Job

Both systems are shite.

PR just results in endless coalitions who never get anything done.

Which might be a good thing, but people confuse voting power with MP numbers.
Ukip got fuck all MPs for their 3 million votes, but it stlll shaped government policy, if they had inly got 500K votes there wouldnt have been a referendum.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I was willing to give Labour/Corbyn a chance but given how he's fucked about by being "Neutral" it just pissed me off to no end.

As of right now

I will never vote for Labour
I will never vote for Conservative
I will never vote for Lib Dems

I'll likely just vote Green until some sensible fucking party emerges (fat chances of that)

Job

Wouldnt that be awesome if he ran.
Reese Mogg pointed he could and getcelected.
Euro MP for Britain..banned across social media for 'racism'.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I was willing to give Labour/Corbyn a chance but given how he's fucked about by being "Neutral" it just pissed me off to no end.

As of right now

I will never vote for Labour
I will never vote for Conservative
I will never vote for Lib Dems

I'll likely just vote Green until some sensible fucking party emerges (fat chances of that)
Feel for ya.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
You must be in a comfortable position in life @Job if all you care about is disrupting politics at every level just for the sake of it.

Job

Its not for the sake of it.
You do realise what the end game is for our present path.
It couldnt be closer to the Borg if it tried, reduction of existance by nihilist, liberal ,exestential. intellectual hatred of reality.

Controlled by global, trillion dollar corporations in league with goverments...enforcing control by instant removal from the collective.
Supporting Robinson is about the fightback against the power of the incoming trial by algorithm and suppression of free thought.

Where are we going to be in 50 years time?
Completely and utterly contained by the hyper rich...an electronic slavery , no you cant go out in your ecar today, beep...hello citizen,why are you visiting this city, statistics predict you are 47% likely to cause a public incident.
Our records show you liked a banned citizens comment, we are restricting your movement rights.

You can laugh, but all of that will be very easy to do..and do you believe they wont?

He should run because at least the left my show some interest instead of letting Farage run the show.
Which you lot have let happen and then started crying when the shit hit.
Anyway, thats if were still in.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
There is some merit to that argument.

Discuss...

Ormorof

FH is my second home
@Job And yet every political group you support is actually working hard to bring the dystopia of lots of rich dudes running the show ever closer...

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Its not for the sake of it.
You do realise what the end game is for our present path.
It couldnt be closer to the Borg if it tried, reduction of existance by nihilist, liberal ,exestential. intellectual hatred of reality.

Controlled by global, trillion dollar corporations in league with goverments...enforcing control by instant removal from the collective.
Supporting Robinson is about the fightback against the power of the incoming trial by algorithm and suppression of free thought.

Where are we going to be in 50 years time?
Completely and utterly contained by the hyper rich...an electronic slavery , no you cant go out in your ecar today, beep...hello citizen,why are you visiting this city, statistics predict you are 47% likely to cause a public incident.
Our records show you liked a banned citizens comment, we are restricting your movement rights.

You can laugh, but all of that will be very easy to do..and do you believe they wont?

He should run because at least the left my show some interest instead of letting Farage run the show.
Which you lot have let happen and then started crying when the shit hit.
Anyway, thats if were still in.

I agree with your concerns.

I disagree with your solution, because it's not the solution, it's the opposite of the solution.

Tommy Robinson is mad that he can't chat shit about Muslims, he doesn't care about anything else, he just joins the line of generic alt-right politics where it's 'for the people' but it's really not.

It's fairly obvious that you have @Scouse agreeing with you on many of your views; why don't you try and find a figure who isn't also about xenophobia and euro scepticism, I don't understand why the two have to go hand in hand.

The reasoning behind that is because I believe the far-right has changed the banner for their mission from xenophobia to a freedom of speech issue to try and get more mainstream acceptance, but I think you'd be a fool if you genuinely think they put more precedence in freedom of speech than they do xenophobia.

Last edited:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
They need to get rid of political parties full stop. Make all MPs truly independent who vote based on whats best for their constituents and the country not what their party whips them to do.

And abolish the House of Lords. Its pointless. Half of them are dead anyway. And we still pay them £300 a day. How dare cunts like Lord Sugar (excuse my French) make laws on my behalf just because he donated vast bribes to party coffers? Life peers? Get stuffed. You're no lord of mine. Make the HoL elected or abolish it entirely. And if you have to have it, rename it.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
They need to get rid of political parties full stop. Make all MPs truly independent who vote based on whats best for their constituents and the country not what their party whips them to do.

And abolish the House of Lords. Its pointless. Half of them are dead anyway. And we still pay them £300 a day. How dare cunts like Lord Sugar (excuse my French) make laws on my behalf just because he donated vast bribes to party coffers? Life peers? Get stuffed. You're no lord of mine. Make the HoL elected or abolish it entirely. And if you have to have it, rename it.

Doesn't work. We're much closer to your ideal in Ireland; there's even a name for it, "parish pump politics". The party a TD (MP) comes from is far less important than their connection to their local community (the two main parties aren't really separated by the left/right ideologies you get elsewhere, they're separated by a 100-year old disagreement over independence), but it also leads to widespread local corruption and some breathtakingly stupid wastes of parliamentary time (like the Kerry TD who wants drink/driving laws relaxed in his county because there's no buses to the pub). It also means "strategic" issues that affect the whole country are much more difficult to manage. It also leads to more politicians; Ireland has a ridiculous number of TDs relative to the population size. Britain is too big and complicated for it to work. What is needed is more local politics with real teeth (part of the problem that lead to Brexit is there's no "English" voice in British politics) and an end to FPTP and introduction of PR. It has to happen. The two party system is utterly fucked and neither party is fit for purpose anymore. If one good thing could come out of Brexit it would be genuine parliamentary reform, but I'm not holding my breath; turkeys don't vote for Christmas.

The Lords thing is a bit of a red herring; its half appointed now and you need checks and balances. And to be clear the HoL doesn't make laws, the Commons does that. Broadly speaking the Lords have been the voice of reason over the last 20 years, sending back some of the Commons' worse ideas to think again.

Job

As Ive posted before there is an unwritten PR in british politics, just because you dont get an MP doesnt mean a substantial vote doesnt influence government policies.
If a climate change party got 25% of the vote without any actual representation, you would still see the climate go right to the top of policy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom