ID Cards....Again

P

PR.

Originally posted by Clowneh!
they can take ur details and put their own picture on it

then shit will happen

Clowneh it aint like a libary card, it won't have a passport photo stuck on it. It will be like current driving license cards where the photo is digitally printed onto the card, you can't stick a picture over the top of it.

K

kameleon

possibly with your fingerprints or dna signature on it

T

Tom

The only way to eliminate forgery is for all the important stuff to be stored digitally, and permanently.

Even then it won't be completely secure, but it will stop the toe-rags. Personally I don't have a problem with the whole thing, provided that:

1) I don't have to pay for it

2) I don't have to carry it

3) It replaces my crappy new driving license (without the paper bit its useless)

C

Clowneh!

Originally posted by PR.
Clowneh it aint like a libary card, it won't have a passport photo stuck on it. It will be like current driving license cards where the photo is digitally printed onto the card, you can't stick a picture over the top of it.

ur saying that you cant fake a card thats been digitall printed or whatever? bullshit, course u can.

anyway, my library card doesnt have a picture :)

G

Gumbo

Barcode on the back of the neck tbh.

Only way to go....

O

old.RedVenom

Isn't that what Hitler said?*

(* Or words to that effect)

L

leggy

omg ph34r teh new world order..!!1!
they are cuming for j00

D

Durzel

Originally posted by Gumbo
Barcode on the back of the neck tbh.

Only way to go....
Joking aside, why don't we just get a chip implanted into our hand or something - ala Demolition Man?

(I'm not being sarcastic either)

C

Clowneh!

Originally posted by Durzel
Joking aside, why don't we just get a chip implanted into our hand or something - ala Demolition Man?

(I'm not being sarcastic either)

cue the human rights protesters

D

danger

Originally posted by Tom[SHOTTEH]
The only way to eliminate forgery is for all the important stuff to be stored digitally, and permanently.

Even then it won't be completely secure, but it will stop the toe-rags. Personally I don't have a problem with the whole thing, provided that:

1) I don't have to pay for it

2) I don't have to carry it

3) It replaces my crappy new driving license (without the paper bit its useless)

You hit the nail on the head... as long as it requires me to pay nothing and expend 0kJ of energy other than opening an envelope to receive it I'm not bothered...

O

old.RedVenom

Originally posted by Durzel
Joking aside, why don't we just get a chip implanted into our hand or something

I'm all for that - for criminals. Me? Never. I'm my own man, outside the government control.......................... hmmm.

So, that barcode then....?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom