Ice or Fire wizzy?

N

nocte

ok thinking of starting a wizard... now i cant decide on what to spec.

do albs do pbaoe grps often and are ice wizzy's a very welcome addition to a group, or is a fire wizzy with the aoe dd and single target dd better?

comments fom both side appreciated.

thx in advance

O

old.tRoG

I don't think there are as many ice wizards as fire wizards, so PBAOE groups wouldn't be that common...

But I don't really know, that is just based on my very short time in albion.

O

old.SadonTheGrey

Don't bother with ice wizzy, you will tire of 50 levels of explianing pbaoe. Then you get to RvR and never use pbaoe only gimped baseline nukes.

N

nocte

no pbaoe groups?

how do u level :p

oh well, will have my new account tomorrow so will be starting on Alb/Pry. so u have just volounteered your services to let me annoy you with pointless questions :D :clap:

O

old.LandShark

Fire wizard = DD DD DD DD DD
Almost said "none of the other abilities work" but it doesn't HAVE any other abilities.
Ice requires a really good group in Albion, in RvR that is... because the majority just don't have a flippin' clue how to keep a PBAEr alive.

X

Xtro

When I played on US daoc one guy instilled fear into people's hearts when you saw his death spam...Bodil the ice wizzie.

Totally dominated, if you were after a keep and he was inside then be prepared to die a lot :).

I chose Ice for one reason - it seemed fun, and thats the point of the game.

N

nocte

well i have played a chanter to lvl 24, and was great (mainly due to the baseline stun :) ) pet was optional.

i may go with the ice wizzy, and when i join a guild possibly they will want to join up and start some pbaoe groups.

any reasonably large guilds that are willing to take on a new recruit? ones that are both pve and rvr active, and play the game for a laugh :)

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by Xtro
When I played on US daoc one guy instilled fear into people's hearts when you saw his death spam...Bodil the ice wizzie.

Totally dominated, if you were after a keep and he was inside then be prepared to die a lot :).

I chose Ice for one reason - it seemed fun, and thats the point of the game.

Did he happen to have power relics and run around with a very supporting group?

O

old.SadonTheGrey

Exactly my thoughts Elise :eek:

Maybe when our pbaoe goes to 2.5 sec it will become more useful, but until then...well ice wizards will continue to fester away in our sad little holes

C

Cybwyn

Go Ice - Ice PBAE cast time gets reduced to 2.5 seconds in 1.59, fire Wizzies are 10 a penny, Albion needs more PBAE'ers and I've XP'd in PBAE groups a few times and they knock other types of XP groups into a cocked hat.

N

-Nxs-

My advise would be spec fire then use the single line respec at 20 (for a BG character) or 40 for a main and change to ice.

PBAOE does so much more damage, its insane.

Unfortunatly its very hard to level a PBAOE wizards in alb, due to the lack of knowledge about PBAOE, people just dont seam to understand how it works.

Last night must have been the exception, exp was quick and easy in keltoi, one healer, one paladin, loads of wizzies

Paladin running heal chant, with guard and intercept really helps a PBAOE group, works much better than in Hib.

O

old.SadonTheGrey

Yeah, thats all very nice but 50 levels of setting up pbaoe groups, and going through all that effort makes it disconcerting that atm our enemy petcaster get an easier ride and better pbaoe. Of course it will soon be solved but for all the 'old skool' wizards its a subject of much bitterness. For ice to equal the DD damage of fire, you need to debuff the target with the DD/debuff and have a few levels of MoM, thats just to balance with a fire wizard without MoM and without debuffs. Since 95% of the time all I do is DD, ice seems kinda pointless. If I haven't invested so much effort in getting my SC done, I would definitely lobby for a respec stone when we get them and go to fire. And yes, during respec bug I got to try out fire spec, and frankly, I don't know why I returned to ice.

Think about it hard. The figures don't lie, most of the active RvR wizards are fire spec. You might find ice appealing, but the effort and lack of reward at the end of training far outbalances the ease and fun you will have as a fire wizard, not to mention the outright effectiveness in comparison to their glacial counterparts.

N

Nightchill

Sorry if this was mentioned above. Easiest way is to do fire up to 40, then you can solo easily as needed. At 40 /respec to Ice and go to Avalon where pbaoe is adored in groups.

Z

zelphi

I love my Fire wizz, blowing stuff up is great... I can't stand PBAE spells so it was probably the better choice for me.

I guess if you like blowing stuff at range and having some great destructive powers throughout, then I'd say full fire. If you like being an annoying git to all who oppose you, then I'd say ice.

On a side note, where's all the earth Wizz's?

O

old.SadonTheGrey

Earth wizards are hiding in the craters that they are unable to create, festering in a similar way to their frosty counterparts.

C

cadiva

Completely off the subject, I apologise in advance

QUOTE from Sadon's biog: Location: Wigan Nr Manchester

Did they move Wigan sometime then to get it nearer to Manchester cos it always seemed to be surrounded by green bits when I used to head over to Central Park for the rugby league?
Think it was Standish we travelled through to get to the Griffon for lots of beer with Billy Boston ;)

D

Danya

Originally posted by nocte
any reasonably large guilds that are willing to take on a new recruit? ones that are both pve and rvr active, and play the game for a laugh :)
Not if they're the sort of people that log on irc to call me a "cunt" after they get killed in the frontiers tbh (i.e. nocte). :p

A

Addlcove

you tell him danya.....

/em hides behind danya and the magix Box(tm)

O

old.SadonTheGrey

Yeah they moved Central Park to the 'new' JJB stadium... which is kinda on the way to standish. Haivng said that it is a hazy remember, all I remember is my grandad crying ... aww bless.

O

old.SadonTheGrey

Yeah they moved Central Park to the 'new' JJB stadium... which is kinda on the way to standish. Haivng said that it is a hazy remember, all I remember is my grandad crying ... aww bless.

O

old.SadonTheGrey

O

old.SadonTheGrey

lol, i did a like really big one once,.,... 7 posts or soemthing ;P

O

old.SadonTheGrey

/em points and laughs at earth wizards

N

nocte

Originally posted by Danyan
Not if they're the sort of people that log on irc to call me a "cunt" after they get killed in the frontiers tbh (i.e. nocte). :p

was in a bad mood that day and i apologise

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom