ICE or Fire wizz ?

R

Roma

well....
Tyka will always have 16% heat resists. We dont have that many friars to combat Tyka's many dmg types - baseline has a 179 heat dd and spec has 209 cold dd aswell as nearsight and ae mezz and the 9sec stun (which is still decent against non tanks)- sigh. Tyka also has pet debuffer a lot of the time. Main problem with albs is (non SI) 4 casters as opposed to hibs 3 and 2 mid so the "goodies" are much more spread out. Get rid of cabbies, put the ae dot and nearsight in the earth wizz line and give wizzies their pets. Move the gtae to the wizz speciality line (fire) like for hibs and mids and perhaps give the a wizard line some debuffs... can hardly happen tho :/

O

old.ST200

Originally posted by ojbrambles
Get rid of cabbies, put the ae dot and nearsight in the earth wizz line and give wizzies their pets. Move the gtae to the wizz speciality line (fire) like for hibs and mids and perhaps give the a wizard line some debuffs... can hardly happen tho :/

Because its retarded. Give wiz a pet, my RM wants one too. Give fire spec the GTAE, can runecarve have a spec nuke please?

R

Roma

the 2 major pbae classes in hib and mid have pets......... perhaps it would be better to give a pbae to cabbie spirit line - etc then sort out how to fix out wizards. And rms are the best nuking class of all really. Sure you dont have a spec dd in rc (least all 3 speclines have some sort of dd in them) but you do have have either pbt and ns or can pop the rest of the points into darkness and can 50% debuff the ghetto baseline dark dd which will do around 450 dmg to anyone. What does a fire wizzie actually have atm expect dds. At then end of the day albs have the most gimped caster system and spec lines, they've just learned to deal with it etc

M

mac_kraakebolle

"perhaps it would be better to give a pbae to cabbie spirit line"

have you looked at the cabalist spirit line?

that would make another enchanter

D

Deskiziado

I think Albion need more AE, not only in wizards. All the AE damage in one class gimp Albion a lot. Theurgist is best alb mage class, but sucks attacking / defending keeps, and no, we CAN'T send our pets thought walls like chanters and spiritmasters (if helps hib / mid is working as intended, if helps alb is fixed in next patch like necro LoS).

If you want a nuker only make a theurgist, is more versatile, but if you want an AOer make an earth or cold wizard.

B

bult

ice is better because 1 DD dmg isnt THAT big. with PBAE nukers in the grp u have a great tool when some support class gets aggro just run and stand on the wiz with ur 4 tanks on u and let him moc.. kills alot :)

If u want DDs u should make an air45/earth26 theurg as they have almost the same DD but alot more utility and are acctually usefull to a group unlike fire wiz.

Ice wiz is much more versatile and usefull in a group, both PvE and RvR.

T

trailblazer

Personally I would never respec my fire wizard to ice - its all a case of what you enjoy most and your style of play. In keep attack, I can stand at range, look up at the battlements, have one finger hovering over qc and as soon as someone flies past the ramparts I can have a bolt flying their way. More often than not my bolts actually hit, and they hit hard. Obviously because you are generally the first to hit the target, therefore they arent in melee, therefore the bolt is blocked yada yada. When the doors are down if I hang back a few seconds and follow the zerg in from behind, I can target the enemy above me and get my aoe DD firing. Most people complain it doesnt do great damage but I can use it effectively, simply because of my timing when using it. And it does do a surprising amount of damage. I can often kill two or three ppl with it.
For keep defense, again I find my bolts do work surprisingly well. I can kill people will two bolts, sometimes one bolt will do, mainly on blue cons but the odd yellow too.
A fire wiz just does not work in open ground rvr, that is the truth coming from me, a fire wiz. But I know in my experience that this is a limitation of the class, and therefore dont pursue this style of fighting.
I know my characters strengths and weaknesses, I know exactly when to use bolts, nukes, roots etc. Providing you know your character, you will make them work in rvr situations. I am more than happy with my fire wiz.

I havent had much experience with ice wizards. I grouped with the odd one or two in Avalon, and yes, they are damn good. You can take mobs down ultra-quickly, and they are impressive to watch.

I dunno, I guess my point is, if you get stuck with what to choose, toss a coin lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom