IainC: quick pre-emptive question

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
just wondering
you have all the email addresses, card details, etc, of all the people who were banned from DAOC (hi gimly et al)

are you allowed to, and would you, pre-empt them by banning them before they sign up for WAR ? :D

heres hoping

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
that sounds a little unfair tbh and no i wasnt banned :p alot of ppl have grown up since then and are no longer little kids and i know there were 2-3 instances at least where ppl were banned unfairly.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
everyone deserves a second chance :)

...no... not everyone does....

it's called: take responsibility for your actions? every action has a result/reaction?

you cheat? you get perma banned!

makes it more fun for the non cheaters.

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
most people deserve new chances though. I mean, the fact that someone cheated in game A X years ago doesn't mean he'll do it again in game B X years later... Who knows, the cheater might have actually learned his lesson. (or her lesson of course)

Anyways, I believe every action should be judged for the action itself, and not by what the culprit did earlier on. (okay, sure, if someone just raped someone and did it like for the third or second time that's completely sick... but then again, raping anyone for the first time is pretty sick too. What I'm trying to say is: we're thinking in gamer terms here, no real life harmful things)

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
then id delete the last paragraph mcflurry didnt come over too good

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
then id delete the last paragraph mcflurry didnt come over too good

true enough... can't edit post anymore now though :(
But just read the post as I only wrote the first paragraph :)

PS: to all who reads: my name is McFlury, not McFlurry... small difference but I'm not a soft-ice, I'm a hard-ice ;)

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
Why do people deserve a second chance?

Take a burlgar for example. In the UK, on his first offence he will get off VERY lightly......but tell me this. Is the first time hes CAUGHT.....the first time hes ever done it. Barring the very unlucky ones, of course not. Hes been at it, cheating people out of their possesions a long time, so why do 'first time offenders' get off so lightly.

Cheats in games, spoil games and in light of thay, they drive honest people OUT of games.

This age of liberalism and human rights is the reason why a shop keeper cant walk out of his shop for 2 mins to go to the toilet without utter scrubbers robbing the place.

No time for cheats here.

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
Haha but your Avatar is McFlurry!

myes, but I don't really feel like photoshopping the image to get rid of 1 r... I might actually do so soon though, whenever I get bored again :D

yes idd Vayasen, irl it's a whole lot harder, and no crime is really acceptable (hence the name: crime). But most people who steal have a certain reason to do (be it need of cash or need of food or whatever). So even people who cheat in games have a reason to do so (mainly because they're not skilled enough to do certain things in the game on their own, can't handle that and thus cheat). I believe that blocking them out of the game they cheated in is fair, but after that... well... they'll learn the lesson hopefully (that's the main reason why we punish people for crimes anyways: so they would learn it's wrong). Now, another game comes out, I believe they have the right to play that game again, prove to us (and themselves) they no longer need to cheat.

Sure, some cheaters from earlier games will cheat again, but you can be sure there will be others who won't do it again, and would play the game it was designed to be. Honoustly mate, they diserve a second chance, 'cause what world would this be if there was no chance of redemption?

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Why do people deserve a second chance?

Take a burlgar for example. In the UK, on his first offence he will get off VERY lightly......but tell me this. Is the first time hes CAUGHT.....the first time hes ever done it. Barring the very unlucky ones, of course not. Hes been at it, cheating people out of their possesions a long time, so why do 'first time offenders' get off so lightly.

Cheats in games, spoil games and in light of thay, they drive honest people OUT of games.

This age of liberalism and human rights is the reason why a shop keeper cant walk out of his shop for 2 mins to go to the toilet without utter scrubbers robbing the place.

No time for cheats here.

exactly!

it's the first time they get caught! not the first time they've done it... unless its a noobie specced 41 shield

Amadeus

Fledgling Freddie
They should be allowed play but only give their avatars one leg or a big nose or somat so we can all /point /laugh at them.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Let them pay £60 for CE then ban them the second they cuss in a public channel.

Serioulsy, some people from DAoC ought to be banned from public life in general but new game new chance - don't blow it. Unlike DAoC there will be 100s of 1000's of WAR players, maybe millions so they won't think twice about banning nobheads of all flavours.

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie
New game new start IMO.

am with that.

reading some posts, if they ran as ruler of a country, you would be hanged for speeding on a motor way, or for downloading mp3's without purchase. Once a thieve, always a thieve ? its not one rule is the same for every action, you need to accept the degree of effect that crime has on others. Cheaters in daoc have not cost me any money or physical harm. u go to prison to learn a lesson before being released back into society,
you are banned from a game to learn a lesson before making a move to your next gaming experience.

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
am with that.

reading some posts, if they ran as ruler of a country, you would be hanged for speeding on a motor way, or for downloading mp3's without purchase. Once a thieve, always a thieve ? its not one rule is the same for every action, you need to accept the degree of effect that crime has on others. Cheaters in daoc have not cost me any money or physical harm. u go to prison to learn a lesson before being released back into society,
you are banned from a game to learn a lesson before making a move to your next gaming experience.

I completely agree with this (it's what I've been trying to say all along) and thus 'll drink to it!!! :cheers::drink::cheers:

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Our stance is that we reserve the right to refuse service to any individual that we believe will damage the game experience for others. For the vast majority of people - even those who may have been punished in DAoC - this won't be an issue. Accounts that have clearly been created for illegal activities or come from known RMT operators, hack programmers and other undesirables may find that their accounts are summarily closed.

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Our stance is that we reserve the right to refuse service to any individual that we believe will damage the game experience for others. For the vast majority of people - even those who may have been punished in DAoC - this won't be an issue. Accounts that have clearly been created for illegal activities or come from known RMT operators, hack programmers and other undesirables may find that their accounts are summarily closed.

So were not gonna have the problem WoW has with Farmers? (You wan item? Gold? Pay me ££money).

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie

what are RMT operators?

Anyways, I like that way of thinking, a nice way to walk the grey road called life ;)

Amadeus

Fledgling Freddie
My guess is Real Money Transfer/Transactions? Basically peeps who buy accounts/powerleveling services etc. Good to hear this actually. When I used to play WoW I gave up reporting bots and nothing was ever done about it. I actually tracked a rogue bot from level 10ish up to about 40ish over the period of week+ (I always bumped into him while I was leveling myself), reported him around 6 times, added him to friends and a month later he was still playing.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
are you annoy for afford better sword ?!

STAB!

hopefully since the blizzard court thing vs "Peons4Hire" there might be more swift action anyway

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
are you annoy for afford better sword ?!

actually, what I've been wondering (maybe IainC or someone of high importance could answer this for me): is there actually a thing as a 'better sword' in WAR? I mean, they said skill would make sure you're the best, not stats. Meaning that whether you use weapon A or weapon B (of the same lvl of course, I mean, a lvl 10 weapon most obviously won't deal as much damage as a lvl 41 weapon) it wouldn't make any difference concerning damage output/ defence/...

The only way the weapons could differ is in the kind of 'proc' they have (if the weapons in WAR will have that?) so one weapon would add fire damage, another cold damage, maybe another could heal you a bit when you strike or stuff like that.. (but as I write this, I realise it sounds alot like the way I think the Runepriest's buff system works, so I'm not sure weapons will have procs on them by themselves).

Anyways, anyone who can brighten me up here?

Amadeus

Fledgling Freddie
I would assume there will be multiple items to choose from at any level. Maybe some with better damage, others with better/different stats etc. Since they say that the "best" loot can be obtained from a variety of sources, I doubt very much if you'll have just one or two items for every few levels. Items will make a difference to your character, but not on the scale of some other games where items are king

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
i just hope pve isnt the focus and loot isnt incredibly hard to get like wow

dont get me wrong i want challenge etc but id rather the best loot came from pvp not pve as this is not the focus of the game

Amadeus

Fledgling Freddie
From what I read you can get sexy stuff from multiple sources, PQ's, PvP, Crafting etc., although I believe (tho I could be totally wrong) that the best best items in the game will come from capturing cities.

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
they've announced in some podcast that in order to get the best equipment in game you would have to do PvP/PQs/... You know, just do it all and you'll get some pretty amazing stuff, but nobody will ever have the 'best' set of equipment by only doing PvP (even though they said that city sieges, idd, do drop very incredibly good loot).

But I still don't see how they can talk about a 'best equipment' if they are going to make sure equipment isn't that important at all. I mean, having a best equipment means that when someone uses that equipment he'll win against someone who isn't using that equipment... or am I seeing this wrong here?

GoldenTiger

Loyal Freddie
they've announced in some podcast that in order to get the best equipment in game you would have to do PvP/PQs/... You know, just do it all and you'll get some pretty amazing stuff, but nobody will ever have the 'best' set of equipment by only doing PvP (even though they said that city sieges, idd, do drop very incredibly good loot).

But I still don't see how they can talk about a 'best equipment' if they are going to make sure equipment isn't that important at all. I mean, having a best equipment means that when someone uses that equipment he'll win against someone who isn't using that equipment... or am I seeing this wrong here?

No, it just means that it's a hair better than the one beneath it. Most won't care though with a small difference of 1, 5, even 10%, but min/maxers sure as heck do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom