Football I would just like to say

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
hahahahahahahahahaha

3 away goals, thank you very much. Fantastic game, both sides played bloody well but, 3 away goals, Liverpool are on their way out.

Over and out.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Don't suppose you can change the CoC so I can use the bad word that we're not allowed to use? :(

From set-pieces too :(

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
You want to call me a C * U * N * T? Tsk tsk, 3 away goals. Thanks. Love you. xxx

rynnor

Rockhound
Game over man! Shame - as a neutral I didnt see this coming - I figured Liverpool v Man Utd as the final - looks like I could be doubly wrong though I still feel Man Utd can pull that one off.

The strategy highlighted Liverpools fatal flaw - over reliance on Gerrard (who is an inspirational talismanic figure) - once hes neutralised the rest of the midfield are mostly so-so.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I did the Newcastle v Chelsea match on Saturday and I must say they looked in good form.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The strategy highlighted Liverpools fatal flaw - over reliance on Gerrard (who is an inspirational talismanic figure) - once hes neutralised the rest of the midfield are mostly so-so.

Yes even our very own Scouse got into the Gerrard loving camp ;)

It was a very good game although I still worry a little about the return game :p

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Alonso always impresses me as much as Gerrard tbh.

Chelsea were very good, can't see any of the English teams beating Barcelona though.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Alonso always impresses me as much as Gerrard tbh.

Chelsea were very good, can't see any of the English teams beating Barcelona though.

Why? Barcelona carved open Bayern, but Bayern have been pretty woeful lately (lost 5-1 to Wolfsburg last week and have had a run of poor results), and Barca have been having a bit a of a domestic wobble of their own lately, and have a suspect defence. On yesterday's form Chelsea could handle them.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
You can't write UTD off though. I still think they will at least make the final, if not win it.

Trem

Because Barca are a better side than anyone else in Europe at the minute, thats why. Europe is different than domestic games and I can see Barca winning the Champions League actually quite easily.

Chelsea were great last night but then again Liverpool were awful when it came to defending, same with Man Utd, if it wasn't for a Porto cock up they would of lost that game.

Out of any of the English teams I can see Arsenal doing best.

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
The only consolation is if we did get through we would have got battered by Barcelona anyway, they look amazing, Messi is just :eek2:

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Because Barca are a better side than anyone else in Europe at the minute, thats why. Europe is different than domestic games and I can see Barca winning the Champions League actually quite easily.

You're probably right, but all I'm saying is you can't use the Bayern game as a reference point, because they're playing like crap at the moment. You can also never write off Hiddink, who seems to be able to get the most out of players in ways no other manager can.

Chelsea were great last night but then again Liverpool were awful when it came to defending, same with Man Utd, if it wasn't for a Porto cock up they would of lost that game.

And if it wasn't for a United cock-up they'd have won it. Pointless argument.

Out of any of the English teams I can see Arsenal doing best.

I have sneaking suspicion it could be an all-London final...

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Porto vs Barca final, I can see it now. I can also see Platini's smug little face when it happens.

Trem

And if it wasn't for a United cock-up they'd have won it. Pointless argument.

Come on though, Utd were absolutely dreadful, yes Porto impressed but I have never seen a top 4 Premier side do sooooo many bad passes in a game as Utd did.

Porto vs Barca final, I can see it now. I can also see Platini's smug little face when it happens.

Thats what I'm dreading, I am totally neutral when it comes to the English sides in Europe.....as long as one wins it I don't mind. But that sour twats face last year when it was an all English final made me sick. He almost threw the cup at Utd and not once did he smile. Complete fucking wanker.

Macey

Fledgling Freddie
Utd were terrible on tuesday, but then they have been for the last couple of weeks without ferdinand and vidic.

Ive not had a chance to watch the liverpool game yet, but from what Ive heard it was fantastic.

I wouldnt be too reliant on 3 away goals though if I were a Chelsea fan, Liverpool have a record of making amazing comebacks in the champions league, and you never know what will happen on the day.

Barca have been my favourites to win for years now and they always seem to dissappoint tbh, they should be the best team in europe, their squad is amazing, but they never deliver the end product. They might just go the same was as the Spain national squad though and actually deliver this year, either way, the champs has been a great competition so far thie season!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Utd were shite on Tuesday. If Porto hadn't gifted them a goal at the beginning I think the tie would be already over. By the looks of it Vidic is shit without Ferdinand and Evans doesn't look that solid.

First half against Chelski was entertaining last night but the second half was all blue unfortunately. Can't see us going to Stamford Bridge and getting 3 goals and not conceding tbfh but stranger things have happened.

Gerrard's still the worlds best midfielder BTW - we just don't have the strength in depth of either Chelski or Utd in our squad. (Unsurprising really considering the current cost of squad for both Utd and Chelsk is £100m more than LFC's) - so when Gerrard's marked out of the game (as he was by Essien) we lack a little bit of quality.

However, if we do come back from this there's not a team in the world that will stop us - including Barca :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
Gerrard's still the worlds best midfielder BTW - we just don't have the strength in depth of either Chelski or Utd in our squad. (Unsurprising really considering the current cost of squad for both Utd and Chelsk is £100m more than LFC's)

Seems liverpool fans love to keep dredging this rather obscure fact up in one form or another, although to validate the arguement they have a tendency to ignore there own recent spending but instead like to talk about over some 5 year period.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Glad Chelsea beat them as I'm a Man Utd fan, however when Liverpoo go out it'll mean they will have less games to play thus increases their chance to overtake us.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Though we had already had the spending figures pasted in this forum that showed Utd's spend was only £24m more than Liverpool.

Also Liverpool have the most Pro players on their books. Was on sky sports the other day, 65 odd players.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Seems liverpool fans love to keep dredging this rather obscure fact up in one form or another, although to validate the arguement they have a tendency to ignore there own recent spending but instead like to talk about over some 5 year period.

Got it wrong there m8ty :)

I'm not talking about spending over time. I'm talking about the value of the squads as they stand today. Chelski and Man U's squads cost £100m more than Liverpool's.

Spending over some "5 year period" is a false measure - 'cause it would exclude anyone who's been at the clubs for more than 5 years.

Liverpool also only have one 20 million pound player in their squad - record signing Torres. How many have Chelski and the scummers got per team eh?

I think we do bloody well considering we can't match the financial muscle of either of our closest rivals.

:p

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Said it before the quarters and still believe its coming:

Arsenal - Barcelona final

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Man Utd are in trouble. They're playing badly, have injury problems and now have to go and overcome 2 away goals in a place no English team has ever won before.

I think Arsenal are ok, after a dodgy first half they showed that they're much better than Villarreal, and no-one beats Arsenal at the Emirates in Europe.

I can't see Liverpool or Chelsea being able to beat Barcelona in the semis. If it were the final it would be a different matter but over two legs I can't see it happening.

I'm predicting and wanting a Arsenal - Barcelona final. Only for us not to capitulate in the last 15 minutes this time.

Although as long as Liverpool don't win it, I'll be reasonably happy. Biggest bunch of scummy ***** in the universe.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAHA

Best team in Europe my arse. We played you off the park last night. If the Drog had had his shooting boots on (he was excellent in every other respect) it would have been a thrashing. I think last night proved that not only is Lampard better than Gerrard, but Essien is too.

Merseyside Police have reported that the missing Liverpool midfielder Steven Gerrard has turned up safe and well this morning in Cobham in Surrey. He was still in Essien's pocket.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Said it before the quarters and still believe its coming:

Arsenal - Barcelona final

Nah, Mancs + Barca or Mancs + Chelski. :(

Edit: And Lol Bodhi! One game proves nowt. Lamps wasn't up to much last night (watched it with a chelski fan who said just that) and Gerrard was marked tightly by Essien, who is a fantastic player.

But do you think that we'd waste Gerrard in a man-marking role? ;)

Embattle

FH is my second home
Got it wrong there m8ty :)

I'm not talking about spending over time. I'm talking about the value of the squads as they stand today. Chelski and Man U's squads cost £100m more than Liverpool's.

Spending over some "5 year period" is a false measure - 'cause it would exclude anyone who's been at the clubs for more than 5 years.

Liverpool also only have one 20 million pound player in their squad - record signing Torres. How many have Chelski and the scummers got per team eh?

I think we do bloody well considering we can't match the financial muscle of either of our closest rivals.

:p

I know that it wasn't a direct relation to the 5 year one but my point is much the same in where do these silly so called facts come from and what are the terms/limitations used such as the original price of the player the current price, etc, etc.

What you mean is they only bought one £20 million pound player, so none of the others would be valued at that if they tried to sell them?

At one moment you are the greatest then the other when you loose it is because everyone else has spent more money or has teams that are valued at quadrillions more than yours. The simple fact is you were outplayed and this was down to a number of factors such Gerrard getting cut out of the game, defending corners badly, etc.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Embattle,

Have to agree with you, the first 10-20 minutes Chelsea were shit but then they grouped together and played fantastic football, infact both teams showed why they are top of the Premier league.

Lampard fucked about too much for my liking as generally he is a sound bloke and never makes mistakes but for some reason during this match he did. Really looking forward to the home leg for Chelsea as I would hope they don't sit back and take the Liverpool assault.

Bottom line, Chelsea played fucking brilliant and if Drogba wasn't so off the ball then I think the scoreline would be even more in favour of Chelsea.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I'm hoping for 3-1 to liverpool on the night. Game to go to extra time and penalties. I do not care who wins, but a few tired legs and injuries would be nice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom