I wish I could see thread titles

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Using the green colour scheme, I can barely see thread titles in the forum page. They're only slightly darker than the background colour.

Also, how do I get rid of that forums/quotations/stock trader thing? I hate page elements that "follow" me around. I want it gone.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Thread titles show up yellow on mine.

Using ugly green.

Edit, yeah I see what you mean. Must be new threads showing up yellow.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Using the green colour scheme, I can barely see thread titles in the forum page. They're only slightly darker than the background colour.

Also, how do I get rid of that forums/quotations/stock trader thing? I hate page elements that "follow" me around. I want it gone.
I want to collate the changes/tweaks required, then will implement.

That is the navbar, unfortunately it is a global option and not per-user... Let me ponder on that.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Have changed the thread title to be a lighter green, better?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah it's just acclimatisation required. I like it overall, it's nice and clean. Not sure about the dynamic, two-column layout on the front page but I'm not on the front page often and I'm sure I'll adjust.

It seems to be white text for read threads and the green, bolder text for unread. It works but I'm sure there are more tweaks to come. :)

Also, it would be swell if that nav bar could stick to the top like a good nav bar and not hound me all the way down the page. When browsing on a GS2 it takes up a good bit of the screen space and I always browse in "full screen" mode in Dolphin specifically to rid me of things taking up screen space.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fixed navbar has been disabled now. No more following :p

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Instant improvement. :)

Maybe try it with the unread threads bold white and the read threads green? It might make the unread ones stand out more, which is kind of why they're highlighted in the first place.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Instant improvement. :)

Maybe try it with the unread threads bold white and the read threads green? It might make the unread ones stand out more, which is kind of why they're highlighted in the first place.
Disagree with the thread read and unread colour suggestions, I think dark green bold works will for unread. The read threads probably shouldn't be stark white though

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Thanks for changing things Deebs. Personally, I've never seen the point of changing the colour of things I've read. My memory isn't that short...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I think dark green bold works will for unread
I don't know why. I want my attention drawn to things I haven't read yet and a colour that isn't the background colour seems like a pretty reliable way of doing that. I quite like white for unread, bold or not, it says "look at me, you haven't looked at me yet".

I also don't think I like there being zero decoration on links until you hover over them. The text looks like a very slightly off-white but other than that there's no underline or anything.

Other than that I think it's pretty much spot on. It definitely looks classier than before and it looks great on my phone as well.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'll do some more changes later, once I get it right over on the testforums. Thanks for the feedback :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'll do some more changes later, once I get it right over on the testforums. Thanks for the feedback :)

Links are in the same colour as the main body of text m8.

This removes the possibility of massive japery.

Yes, click on "massive japery".

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Links are in the same colour as the main body of text m8.

This removes the possibility of massive japery.

Yes, click on "massive japery".
Not sure I understand. I can see that "massive japery" is a different colour from the rest of your post, also when my mouse hovers over it the background changes and the arrow turns to a hand to indicate a link (on a mac atm).

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's like I said a couple of posts up, to me (and obviously the Liverpudlian), the font color for the link (without hovering on it) is almost exactly the same as the rest of the text. On the gorgeous green theme.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ah ok, I need to make links more prominent without having to hover over them.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Screenshot_2013-10-25-22-15-34.png Sorry, I'm sitting in an airport and it took bloody ages to do the screenshot. :(

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
@Scouse my main machine is a 16gig RAM I7 beast running Windows 7, my lappy is a 2010 MBA, my tablet is the gorgeous Nexus 7 and my phone the stunning HTC One.

My media PCs are a Mac Mini, 2010 model with AMD graphics, and a Asus Core HT252B running Windows 7, I have the Windows machine for true bitstreaming, both HTPCs serve content from 3 NAS running FreeNas 9.1.1 totalling around 20TB. Apple is ok for some stuff, shit for others especially audio.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nice.

@Scousemy tablet is the gorgeous Nexus 7

My missus is watching either Ken Hom or that bald english guy cooking in India on the one I bought her last xmas - whilst cooking me fajitas! :D

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Nice.

My missus is watching either Ken Hom or that bald english guy cooking in India on the one I bought her last xmas - whilst cooking me fajitas! :D
Jammy git, my Nexus 7 is the 2013 model. Just wish it had a MicroSD card slot but other than that love it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Jammy git, my Nexus 7 is the 2013 model. Just wish it had a MicroSD card slot but other than that love it.

Is there much of a difference?

I don't think she'd use a microSD slot tbfh. She streams most of her shows wirelessly. The only thing she ever puts on it are books (she's building up a nice library).

Web browsing, book reading, TV show watching. Not a thing else happens on it unless I'm playing music through the stereo jack into my stereo's amp. But I usually use my phone to do that.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Is there much of a difference?

I don't think she'd use a microSD slot tbfh. She streams most of her shows wirelessly. The only thing she ever puts on it are books (she's building up a nice library).

Web browsing, book reading, TV show watching. Not a thing else happens on it unless I'm playing music through the stereo jack into my stereo's amp. But I usually use my phone to do that.
I would for storing my music, for reading I use my Kindle Paperwhite (2012), won't ever read a book on anything else.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I would for storing my music, for reading I use my Kindle Paperwhite (2012), won't ever read a book on anything else.

Could you not just sync a folder full of musicy goodness between your mahoosive PC and your Nexus?

I've seen the paperwhite and I do like 'em. But I'm happy to read a book off my phone or, you know, an actual book ;)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Could you not just sync a folder full of musicy goodness between your mahoosive PC and your Nexus?

I've seen the paperwhite and I do like 'em. But I'm happy to read a book off my phone or, you know, an actual book ;)
My music collection as FLAC is over 500GB, as MP3 it is over 128GB, so I still need the extra storage.

I would read a book or a Kindle (the e-ink is just something else and no backlit display like used on tablets, pc, monitors comes close).

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Back on subject, Tony if you change the green cookout scheme can you please keep this one you have now as an option? I really like it now I've got used to it, the colors are perfect .

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Back on subject, Tony if you change the green cookout scheme can you please keep this one you have now as an option? I really like it now I've got used to it, the colors are perfect .
It does grow on you :) Happy to hear you like it.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Is there any kind of icon that could be added to each topic, so that at a quick glance viewers could see if the thread has been added to since they last viewed it?

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Is there any kind of icon that could be added to each topic, so that at a quick glance viewers could see if the thread has been added to since they last viewed it?

does the "New Posts" button under MEDIA,MEMBERS at the top count ?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Not really, that just confuses me. I very rarely use anything other than the Front Page area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom