I want to grow my hair long.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Do any men (or women!) know how I can do this? I've not cut it and let it grow but rather than grow long, it just goes all shaggy like some kind of Irish tramp child (no offence to any poor Irish children). Must I do something in order to make it long?!

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
Comb it straight each day and then visit the hairdressers and get them to cut about 1/2 inch off to lose all the split ends and stuff. It should grow straighter then but you probably just have naturally wavy hair as I do. I still managed to have hair almost down to my waist when I were a few years younger though.

I had it all cut off aged about 23-24 when I needed to try and get serious jobs and look grown up and stuff, it didn't work :rolleyes:

Will

/bin/su
I just didn't cut mine when I grew it. But I was a dreadlocked hippie, and I don't think that'll be the look you are going for.

If you have curly hair, it will grow 0utwards before it goes downwards. It will look really silly when it is at about collar length.

You need to get the ends trimmed every two months or so, to remove split ends. If you don't, it ends up looking pretty shit.

[edit] Damn ******s.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Right so every few months I have to cut the ends off? What about between then? I look like a scouser (no offence so scouserS) - its very messy.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
I've had at least shoulder length for 6 years now, and it's a bit crazy but I'm convinced if I get it cut short now I'll end up looking gay somehow.

The worst stage is one that my friends and I christened 'Mungo'. It's the time from when it's past the top of your ears until it's past the bottom of them. During this time it goes crazy insane, it's too long to leave over your ears but too short to put behind them properly. It's curly and manky and you look a bit like a mushroom. Stick with it though, the feeling of relief afterwards is reward in itself ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom