i want to discuss terminology.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
a lot of the words being used here have such a negative feeling that i would like to propose a change of vocabulary.

i'll try to be as neutral as possible.

competitive players : those who prefer 'fair' fights (aka the fg/solo ... community)

casual players : those who just play (aka the zergers, campers, ...)

AC raids : they involve ALLARM clocks and 1-2 fg of players who make agreements and planning beforehand. those have been done in the past, i can't recall a TRUE allarm clock raid for ages now. I think these things are lame really.

Late Night raids : they are just raids that take MANY hours and where the side on the offense carries on for longer than they usually do, longer than the enemie and where the realm on the offense just carries on in a 'winning mood'. most of these raids have no planning, structure or anything and happen in an almost organic way. a cascade of little victories where with each little victorie, more and more options become available.
these raids tend to change objectives a lot over the course of an evening/night.

discuss pls.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
the term competative RVR is another censi homebrew.

basically mully.

you got newbs/lemons V leets

"Casual" is a counter term made by a cunning lemon to try and difuse the lameness of his random adding, by suggesting he doesnt play much, doesnt take it too serious, is a nice guy irl, its war and he pays his subs!

The same "casual" player will argue that people who stand back and watch his fights are taking all the fun out of the game. Casual player who /rudes on add will also argue he is upset by being called a crap player every time he adds!

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Weve discussed the different between alarm clock raids and late night raids. Absolutely none if it ends up with an undefended relic taken in the early hours. Time to stop banging on about it.

As to casual and competitive players, again though the distinction can be used to talk about specific instances and incidents (NFD GG1 chopped us down at the beno bridge, no fair!), by far the majority of competitive players, also go out and join in on a bit of bridge camping, tower humping, stealthing, raid participation as well. Time to realise and accept that, and get out of the adversarial frame of mind you've set yourself.

Actually maeloch had a theory about you, he reckoned you'd been mentally unhinged by the old gg's on albion who probably did give you a lot of shit about adding etc, but if this is the reason its time to move on.

There was a time when there were groups of 8 who ran exclusively for 8v8 play, all of those guilds are gone. Though to be honest, just about everyone has gone.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
censi said:

basically mully.

"Casual" is a counter term made by a cunning lemon to try and difuse the lameness of his random adding, by suggesting he doesnt play much, doesnt take it too serious, is a nice guy irl, its war and he pays his subs!

The same "casual" player will argue that people who stand back and watch his fights are taking all the fun out of the game. Casual player who /rudes on add will also argue he is upset by being called a crap player every time he adds!

I find you're post pithy, it needs more zest.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Kahland said:
AC Raids are a part of the game.

Any other random shite you wanna post to this thread? If so, get it all out of your system now.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
all shits are random!

you could classify them into catagories... like the curler, the log, the cluster bomb etc... but they are all unique.

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:

basically mully.

wouldnt have thought i´d actually ever agree on something with censi :d

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
you know you can be casual and not play like a moron? i only play a couple of hours a night these days yet i don't have to ruin everyone else's enjoyment to make RPs. maybe add a term greifer, for those backward (read retard) players who camp everything and add on sight to try and WINZ AT TE INTERNETZ!!!!1!! (albs)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
If that's the idea behind casuals, "ohlolol sry m8s i got little time hence am entitled to make other player's experience shit" then i'll happily get my "leet" shit trown at me.
I find MUCH more griefing towards other players the way (your term) "casual" play than mine.

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
you have a completely wrong idea what a casual is.. good players can be casual players, like raven said. the ones you mention, well they are just fucking noobs :D

one more term for your daoc dictionary

Muylaetrix = idiot

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
Muyl stop trying to defend this way of going... It's killing the mentality on hib and mid. We have tons of people leaving or getting stuck in pve. The achievement is ruining the fun/rvr-aspect for a lot of players. Ok, what TT did was probably not smart but it clearly made a point. Nothing else but jammering has come from it, never did their msg get tru.

The ultimate solution would be that guards would get tougher or bigger in numbers ro a certain amount when the defenders are forced to log off (people work/go to school/just collapse of bring tired).

Anyhow as far as i see, u love the game and if u'd love to continue with it outside pve'ing. I'd suggest u'd give the opponent a reason for defending during the time they're able to. An early raid once or twice in a few months ok but damn it, not every time some people get bored at night.

If this goes on like this, i'll just try to achieve a few goals i've set and then go avalon or US aswell.

Lethul

FH is my second home
i think its against the spirit of the game to camp bridges, hope you get banned!

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
It's simply alot easier to say AC'ers than Late night raiders. So I'll rather use AC'ers. People know what I mean, and the outcome of the action is the same. It's about taking the relic in the middle of the night.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
daoc_xianghua said:
wouldnt have thought i´d actually ever agree on something with censi :d
too bad you always where casual gimp skald :)

kirennia

Part of the furniture
TT are competitive casual players :p I don't call logging on for 3 hours twice a week anything BUT casual. This meaning is flawed I'm afraid.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Ahum
*cough*
<puts on a New York City accent>

Get the fuck outta here!
<makes accompanying forward, downward waving hand-motion>

*cough*
<walks away>

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
a lot of the words being used here have such a negative feeling that i would like to propose a change of vocabulary.

competitive players : those who prefer 'fair' fights (aka the fg/solo ... community)

AC raids : they involve ALLARM clocks and 1-2 fg of players who make agreements and planning beforehand. those have been done in the past, i can't recall a TRUE allarm clock raid for ages now. I think these things are lame really.

Late Night raids : they are just raids that take MANY hours and where the side on the offense carries on for longer than they usually do, longer than the enemie and where the realm on the offense just carries on in a 'winning mood'. most of these raids have no planning, structure or anything and happen in an almost organic way. a cascade of little victories where with each little victorie, more and more options become available.
these raids tend to change objectives a lot over the course of an evening/night.

discuss pls.

why dont you fuck off you bug abusing di shit noob, ban this guys acc tbh, he ruins the spirit of the game with his di bot and adding :wanker:

Dard

Part of the furniture
Muylaetrix said:

discuss pls.

Why discuss anything? whats happened has happened, you cant turn back the clock (alarm, digital or grandfather). Just accept that your play style & the the play style of a number of people like yourself has done irrepairable damage to this server cluster.

Nothing is going to change now, the damage has been done. There are no new players, more & more people are leaving the server (to go US / Avalon / or just /quit) & you still cant see beyond the your of your nose.

Changing the names of how people play / have played this game serves what purpose ? Call me competitve on a forum if you like, i know you still really mean i am a l33t twat who thinks the whole game has been designed for my own personal enjoyment yet in my l33tness i know i can say that my playstyle generally affects only those who are likeminded & it takes nothing away from the enjoyment of the game of realmates & enemies who enjoy a different aspect of the game.

Cant say the same about the playstyle of the a/c crew though can you ?

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
But prodical if they ban ppl for that.. then no one will be on alb, even king arthur used a di bot :/

Graendel

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix, I don't know you. But judging by your posts here you are an idiot,

I don't use irc, I don't have any high rr mates, I am not a very competitive player.

Seriously, you camp your towers with an ice wizard and want to talk about terminology and competitive playing with people in groups who manage to kill 20+ unorganised players easily with their fg?

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Graendel said:
Seriously, you camp your towers with an ice wizard and want to talk about terminology and competitive playing with people in groups who manage to kill 20+ unorganised players easily with their fg?

i run around with for most part a bunch of noobs (i love my guild) and a DI bot (sometimes as only healer in the group, giving me to much to cope with.) to heal them and myself.

i NEVER run around with a competitive group, i run around with mates, friends, and people i like. those are not by defenition the `best` players in the game. If i have a competitive group, it is by accident, not design.

as an ice wiz i like to stick around place that are `defensible positions`

more pathos and drama please !!!

i have a high RR char, yes, to call me a competitive player is ... a laugh.

seems to me that over the last 48 hours, 90% of all posts have been made by people who :

a) left the game
b) are leaving the game
c) have no clue.

Dard

Part of the furniture
Muylaetrix said:
seems to me that over the last 48 hours, 90% of all posts have been made by people who :

a) left the game
b) are leaving the game
c) have no clue.

As opposed to

1) Dont care about the game
2) Dont care about the game
3) Dont care about the game

stellaartois

One of Freddy's beloved
Muylaetrix said:

discuss pls.
Pow relic was just that as we even did the realm mission (take bolg) before we even started on relic but nobody came out to play so we kept on taking things but we've been up all night just as we where now so nn :p
:drink:

stellaartois

One of Freddy's beloved
Muylaetrix said:

discuss pls.
Pow relic was just that as we even did the realm mission (take bolg) before we even started on relic but nobody came out to play so we kept on taking things but we've been up all night just as we where now so nn :p
:drink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom