I want one of these

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Just looking at the Doom 3 benchmarks, from here.

Think i'll go with the Geforce, yum, cheaper than the XT-PE too.

"Looking at the cream of the crop in video cards, it is painfully obvious that ATI is going to have to make some changes in their product line to stay competitive, at least with DOOM 3 gamers. There is no way for a $500 X800XT-PE to compete with a $400 6800GT when the GT is simply going to outperform the more expensive card by a good margin. I am sure ATI is trying their best to figure out their next move and it will certainly be interesting to see if their driver teams pull a rabbit out of their hat or not."

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
ati vs nvidia with halflife 2 is in favour of ati though and I think that is the same with some other games aswell. Might be that nvidia put some trick in their cards for benchmarks, but I am probably just being paranoid :p

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Because ATi did some deal with Valve for $5 Million, there will undoubtebly be some ATi specific optimisations in HL2 to rig the benchmarks in favor of ATi. But thats one game, that has basically been custom built in favor of one card. Carmack and iD though I doubt would be so callous, being as Carmack was one of the first to slate nVidia for the release of their MX's and point the finger at all the major flaws in the FX series. He's sure as hell no nVidia fanboy..

This is the first set of benchmarks, done under supervision of both nVidia and ATI. One of them would kick up a fuss if there was something obviously unfair, which hasnt happened.

As it stands at the moment, i'm deff leaning towards Geforce, ATi havent really sprung any innovative technology at us since the launch of the 9700 series. Each revision since then has merely been a performance boost, lots of important features are quite simply missing. But all that said, i'll wait for the next round of reviews before making any real decisions..

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Swift^ said:
Get someone to steal it for you and buy it at 100 times retail value.

Ok enough references to this subject. Brooky made a choice and no matter whether it is right or wrong it should be respected. Some may have a different point of view but I think that these have been fully covered in the barrysworld. com thread.

Similar comments have already been deleted from another thread so please refrain and if you want to argue the rights / wrongs of this please talk to Brooky privately about it rather than pollute every thread he starts with incredibly unfunny comments.

Thx

Will

/bin/su
I wouldn't want to see anyone banned for being a fucktard. I'm only allowed to let you all away with a certain amount.

Clown

Part of the furniture
I was banned for being an ass hat. In those exact words. Fuckers.

Will

/bin/su
Asshat's will be banned too. And some other offensive words I've not got the imagination to come up with yet.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
but Clown, you *are* an asshat ;)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Totally wrong place to mention this, (edit - mentioned in here because i saw two on the same page) but since my cartoon booby avatar was outlawed, there have been a number of fornicating avatars appearing (lions, ATAT walkers and Tux/BSD - two of which on this thread) - why are these allowed, but my cartoon boobs aren't?

Just an observation, i'd like a mod or someone to PM me and explain it because I don't see the difference between "cartoon breasts" and "cartoon sex".

Double standards I feel.

G

Will

/bin/su
This really is the wrong place for it. I'd suggest something in the feedback forum.

I've got avatars switched off anyway. It's the only way I can browse from work.

Sar

Part of the furniture
I'm more concerned with HL2 tbh.

Not gonna buy D3, until I've at least got the demo.

Id's games always ran better on Nvidia for some reason - Q3 ran better on my GF3 than it does on my 9800 pro for instance.

Then again trying any AA setting on the GF3 fucking crippled it - I get AA and anistropic filtering for free on the 9800.

:)

Which btw I have OC'd to 9800 XT speeds \o/

:D

Sar

Part of the furniture
PS: It doesn't run better on the GF3 now - 190 fps at 1280*1024 in demo four, with 4xFSAA and 16xAni, with only very minor tweaking - using the DNA drivers now.

Result. :D

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Ono has just bought a new Athlon 64 3400 PC which has the NVidia 6800 Ultra incl in it...

The Barstand!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom