i wanna new server... so do you, plz read :)

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
classic daoc.. no Si or Toa allowed, no ra's, no Sc or alchemy.. lets call it the old school server :)

too much to ask? its just like watching telly in black and white surely.. u turn the colour off.. GIVE! :)

burg

Fledgling Freddie
I bet it will still be 300 buffbots and 200 stealthers per realm ;)

Aeis

Loyal Freddie
ilaya said:
classic daoc.. no Si or Toa allowed, no ra's, no Sc or alchemy.. lets call it the old school server :)

too much to ask? its just like watching telly in black and white surely.. u turn the colour off.. GIVE! :)

Would be a great server if you added "No buffbots" to the first sentence.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh a server which is just patch 1.65 would own, no TOA shite

but it would be full seconds after the clock hits Feb 25th because lets face it, everyone knows ToA is crap, and those denying this are just the poor casual players who played since beta and are hoping it will reverse the trend of the game being only for powergamers, sadly it wont, it will just make powergamers and gankgroups even more powerfull. :|

remi

Fledgling Freddie
how oldschool? smite cleric, LA zerk....we want it? nothx ;dd

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Melachi said:

but it would be full seconds after the clock hits Feb 25th because lets face it, everyone knows ToA is crap, and those denying this are just the poor casual players who played since beta and are hoping it will reverse the trend of the game being only for powergamers, sadly it wont, it will just make powergamers and gankgroups even more powerfull. :|

I am a hardcore daoc player, i still look forward to ToA. Might be because i enjoy more than just emain rvr 24/7.
Thing is, games such as this have to evolve, otherwise the retention rate drops fast. And sure there are bugs and imbalances in ToA, ofc there is, but imo Mythic is doing a splendid job trying to correct them - just recently they had the guts to severly nerf most of the artifacts, just as an example. Im confident this game will keep improving - and while the gankgroups will grow in power, so willl the "ordinary player".

And lets not forget that we have New Frontiers to look forward to (Q2 in the US, prolly Q3 here) where hopefully thanks to the new mini-map system you can chose your fights more carefully (eg, if you wanna zerg you look for big battles on the map, if you wanna avoid getting ganked by ganksquads you avoid the trail of small battles they leave after themselves, etc)

Nadhia

Fledgling Freddie
whee i can already imagine leet groups totally powerplaying all the fun out of it like on the normal servers, the joy :>

will everyone roll mid for zerk groups ? :touch:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Melachi said:

those are my fears too :(

a game where its already hard to compete with powergamers seems about to get harder :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
im ´just gonna get ToA, get all the artifacts i can get and then quit :cheers:

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Combine ToA with Frontiers and I think you'll find the gap between the so-called power gamer and the casual player narrows significantly.

And an 'old school' server would mean no new content. Ever. To be honest, I don't think that would be fun for more than 10 mins. People easily forget things like interface enhancements and many many bug fixes along with their nerf of choice that annoys them the most. And you'll never get anyone to agree exactly which patch should be the one that counts as the one to stick at ;)

I understand the sentiment, but I'm sorry, I completely disagree with a non-ToA, non-Frontiers (when it comes) old school type afair.

Co-op with PvP on frontier regions... now that would be fun :)

Aeis

Loyal Freddie
Give the patch just before pure tanks got cheap RAs.
That or 1.45, both are better than TOA.

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
How about no?
You can't even alt+tab :kissit:

You all are just scared of changes.
Changes = good imo

I

Ironica

Changes are nice.. Might do a server just without ToA .. Put all the new patchs in, but leave ToA out imo.. frontiers will solve the imbalance on RA's and we are all happy.. No ubah die-hard guild groups with teh max lvled artefacts and ML 10 groups vs newly dinged lvl 50 chars..

IMO that would be a nice combination.. Once you dung lvl 50 now, you will need to get ML 10 if you ever want a chance in regular RvR ..

They might also just make the old-world frontier ToA resistant > NO artefacts can be used and NO MLs will be affective..

Guive the non-ToA players a bit balance..

I think the only way to survive RvR with ToA is to buy toa.. ppl who chose not to buy SI in the beginning had no big disadvantages.. those players will have those disadvantages when toa is here..

Aeis

Loyal Freddie
Korax said:
How about no?
You can't even alt+tab :kissit:

You all are just scared of changes.
Changes = good imo

No, I'm afraid of all the time I would have to spend on boring pve just to be able to have fun on equal terms in RvR/PvP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom