i wanna know all your 3d marks for 3d mark 2001

T

throdgrain

The thing is, your not going to get as good as result with a P4 as you are with an Athlon , Northwood P4's excepted, cos they aint as fast .
I looked very very carefully into this before buying my XP, and I havent been disappointed yet.
/theres still time of course :)

O

old.mattshanes

ok heres my system specs:

AMD Athlon 1800 xp 266Mhz FSB
1024 ddr ram(133mhz)
Geforce 4 ti4400 128 ddr ram with driver verson 28.32
Gigabyte Socket A Motherboard GA-7VTXE
Samsung 19inch Syncmaster 975df monitor
Creative live 5.1
80gb hardrive
Windows XP Home Edition
Case-ATX-MIDI-300W-263A(Even though i have 350w supply now)
Thermaltake Socket A Volcano2 Copper Based Heatsink

I go to sites often and have the latest drivers for my soundcard and graphics card but i dont think so for my motherboard i think my motherboard i may not be getting the best from it because of this.

K

*Kornholio*

XP 1600 cpu
256 megs 133mhz ram
20 gig seagate hdd 5400
30 gig seagate hdd 5400
GeForce 4 MX
K75SA m/board

O

old.mattshanes

can u guys pls help me on this i said my specs earlier.

E

Embattle

Your score is about right so what do you want help with?

O

old.mattshanes

it cant be coz the guy has 200mhz more only and he gets like 14000 its ridiculous lol.

E

Embattle

Who...if you mean Xavier he is melting a P4 Northwood and performing all kinds of magic, just as those people in the fastest webmasters are, your score is right for your processor speed and graphics card set at normal clock speed.

O

old.mattshanes

well anyway i am very happy with me computer it runs any game very well.

X

Xavier

Originally posted by mattshanes
it cant be coz the guy has 200mhz more only and he gets like 14000 its ridiculous lol.

Heh, actually you've got an XP1800 (1533Mhz) whereas I'm running a 2.66Ghz P4 overclocked a tad over 3Ghz now - so if you want to use Mhz as a metric I'm running over double your cpu frequency.

Mhz isn't a fair metric though to compare P4 and AMD - and before anyone chirps in AMD's aren't faster or anything silly like that. When Intel moved to P4 they increased the length of the instruction decode pipelines from 10 step in P3 to 20 step in the Pentium 4. This not only allows them to scale the processor to higher frequencies more easily but it means that the 10-step AMD literally does more work per cycle...

AMD are part way to a solution with the idea of the PR ratings although this is still mistaken regularly as Mhz - it looks like the chip manufacturers need a new metric and at the moment noone has any idea where that's going to come from.

E

Embattle

PR(Performance Rating) was the system used by Cyrix/AMD to describe how fast one of their processors was compared to Intels. AMD technically uses the same PR system with its current range of XP processors which means that the XP 1800+(PR) processor equals the performance of a 1.8GHz P4 even though its actual clock speed is only 1.53Ghz.

T

throdgrain

I sometimes forget my xp2.0+ actually runs at 1.68 or something like that. In fact a freind of mine (when I was still an Intel owner) bought a xp1600 and complained cos it was only running at 1.4. of course we realised later that it was meant to run at that speed :)

F

FunGas

all I need now is a hardisk bigger (and mainly faster) than 16Gb

F

FunGas

all I need now is a hardisk bigger (and mainly faster) than 16Gb

here 's my current scores

K

kryt

XP 1800+ (annoyingly)
Abit KR7A-Raid motherboard
Crucial 512mb DDR ram
Geforce4 Ti4200 64mb
300 watt PSU :| < might stick another in somewhere if I can find out how to link twin ATX's, might stick an AT one in though.
Windows 2000 sp2

Out of the box, no overclocking done etc, 8495 marks in 2001se.

Might look at tweaking it, but until i can lower my CPU temp I'm not really too interested in anything ott :D

G

Gravity

i currently get 5964 on my little system at the mo - just using the original version of 3dmark2001 - halfway thru downloading the latest version to test it on

amd athlon 1Ghz @ 1070
ati radeon 8500 @ 275/275 (6094 drivers)
ecs k7s5a motherboard (honey x oc bios)
384meg pc133 ram
20gig quantum fireball hd 7200rpm
win xp home

click me

O

Ono

3065 with my old GeForce 2 GTS but now 6124 with meh GeForce 4 Ti-4200. :clap:

F

FatBusinessman

I very badly need to get one of those. What kind is yours, Ono?

O

Ono

Originally posted by FatBusinessman
I very badly need to get one of those. What kind is yours, Ono?

In the end I got the Leadtek GF4 Ti-4200 (64meg) from www.ebuyer.com .

About £128 delivered IIRC.

But strangely, ebuyer don't seem to sell them anymore.
:confused:

U

-Ultimate

8229 here :)

Abit KG7
AMD athlon 1.4
512 ddr RAM
GF4ts 4200
Win XP

Currently have a problem with 4x AGP not being detected, but Emb is kindly helping me with that in another thread :)

BTW Ono they only had 9 of them in stock and they sold out within 2 days of you posting that url. I bought one the day you posted it, by that night there was 4 left.

O

Ono

Originally posted by -Ultimate
BTW Ono they only had 9 of them in stock and they sold out within 2 days of you posting that url. I bought one the day you posted it, by that night there was 4 left.

Not surprised. They are fantastically well made and the polished metal HS and Fan make it look sooo cool.

S

S-Gray

pc_mark2001old.jpg

This is my old Computers result

pc_mark2001new.jpg

This is my new Computers result

Wow.. big difference heh

M

Mr.Hate

i get 11k with my athlon xp @ 1.95ghz and gf3 @ 250/580

Users who are viewing this thread