I tried :(

Stay Beautiful

Fledgling Freddie
Well, I've been playing SWG on and off for just over 2 weeks now, and as much as I try I just cannot get into it, it's not the game for me.

I have no idea if it's against this particular code of conduct or not (and apologies if it is) but if anyone wants to take over my account feel free to pm me.

Moon

Fledgling Freddie
Looking at your sig it suggests you were an entertainer, thats probably got alot to do with it imo .

As rifleman I'm loving the game .

Stay Beautiful

Fledgling Freddie
Yes I was an entertainer to begin with, mainly because a few of my friends said it would be the best way to earn money through tips at the start. I did try hunting, and missions, and just couldn't get into it, the combat system was just too odd for me to get used to.

I have a real life friend who absolutely loves it, he couldn't wait to show me around, even bought me a little pet to ride about on, so I did have a good chance at exploring before I came to my decision.

On top of that my pc couldn't really cope with the lag in the really built up areas, but that's of course my own problem!

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Stay

I would try and play the game for the next 2 weeks at least - whilst it is free.

I find ranged combat boring in swg - melee is far more fun although I am crap and tend to die alot - at least i have fun dying :)

We also started a guild and this is what has saved the game for me. I have fun with the folks I hang around with and as a result I haven't kicked the game into touch :)

Revor

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
There certainly tends to be a point where it clicks and suddenly everything makes sense and it's fun. A few of my old DAoC friends after going "wtf is this about?" for two weeks suddenly found it and now love it :)

Tenko

Fledgling Freddie
I don't mind people coming to say goodbye especially if they explain why.

I've not played all week but that was due to the amount of games I bought in the January Sales! (And I now have all the add-ons for Civ III and Neverwinter Nights so I'm a very busy boy;))

In fact I'd best go in today to check my rent on the house, just in case :p

I think the Honeymoon period is off for me, which didn't last as long as DAoC did but I do need the game, hehe.

You know what I think the game is missing? The newbie dungeon just out side the start area. DAoC had an almost linear quality to it.

In Albion for example you'd go

Camelot Hills-> Mithra's Tomb-> Salisbury Plain -> Keltoi Fogue etc

And as such you would meet and get to know nearly everyone at around your level, SWG is sometimes a little too open plan and "samey" with the same monsters near say Mos Entha that you find near Anchorhead. This means that you are not forced into close proximity to your fellow players as you can go anywhere on the same planet for pretty much the same content.

This is a big problem in the longterm.

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
there are a few (easy) dungeons within 1km of starting towns. it just seems to be the towns that aren't so well populated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom