i think...........

S

Smartypants

Well, fact remains: we are several months behind the US servers.

BTW: One other thing, can someone give a me good explanation of why the /appeal-command was turned off on the euro-version???

O

old.Arnor

Because they got the magical RightNever (tm) to replace it!

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Arnor
Because they got the magical RightNever (tm) to replace it!
lol.... Arnor sure has a great sense of humour in these things :)

S

SFXman

"Now in 3D!!"
WTF is that supposed to be, in your sig :)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Smart
Well, fact remains: we are several months behind the US servers.

BTW: One other thing, can someone give a me good explanation of why the /appeal-command was turned off on the euro-version???

Probably coz they didn't want to hire staff to sit in the game 24/7....

RightNow is 24 hr come-back. Fairly reasonable (it wasn't at first I believe - days and days without anything according to the whines) but not quite the instant /appeal. However they only need to hire people working 9-5 weekdays etc. rather than paying for 24 on-call support (or is /appeal 9-5?)

now, if /appeal can work across servers (this may be a flawed assumption) - then mythic might only need one CSR during the slow times for its 16 servers...

GOA would need 3 all round the clock (one for each language.. or you pay over the odds for a trilingual I suppose ;)

I don't blame them for going for the 24 hr stuff. It's nice to get things fixed RIGHTTHISVERYMINUTEDAMNIT! but it's not the end of the world. (can you tell I've not been in too many bugged situations yet ;))

O

old.Arnor

fingoniel: seriously, I dont care for the /appeal or almost anything else! Just GIMME Darkness falls, rp-group-bonus, epicarmours, realm abilities and all that shiat!
I actually wouldnt care if all the fecking mobs in fecking midgard had the same graphics or that all the text was badly-translated.

1.50! GET IN ME BELLY

O

old.Xarr

i think i would mind if all the mobs used, let's say for sakes' argument; the cockatrice model. now if i had to look at that ugly feathersack everywhere i went i sure as hell wouldn't want to be around myself :)

as for the rightnow service, i have never used it myself. but i heard from some bloke that it actually worked quite well...

/shrug

and as for the translator(s)[meh~] discussion i ain't gettin' into that one myself ^^

B

Blood

I hope they never get around to translating 1.50, that see hidden crap is killling all hunters/scouts/rangers... but it would be nice with 1.49 and Darkness Falls

S

SFXman

I am not very fond of seeing 1.50 either :)
Don't like the idea of assassins finding us easy peasy.

About /appeal... no game really had 24/7 support. They usually issue times during which there is in-game support and usually this is the peak time.

O

old.Kladen

hehe sfx man your not even a nice RvR level yet you spend too much time in the forum :D

as from wat soulfly said as the first reply. it wont be the same going to US server mainly because of the different time zone so id miss all the major events and stuff.

and the community will be american. to change wat i said abuot US servers

it would be nice if a UK company hosted daoc servers with up to date patches. i would be very very happy if some big time servers company was reading this ;)

last note: GOA smell

S

SFXman

But Kladen, I'd say that by the time we get the latest US patches I will be. If we had it now I wouldn't go to Yggdra since all you need is an assassin grouped with some bard type character and they'd find me in a sec.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom