I remember when......

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Being as DAOC is going through the doldrums atm and its getting old and groups don't exist anymore for levelling etc.. thought it would be nice to have a reminisce about the "good ole days" and stuff that you never see anymore etc...(well that and another thread inspired me to make this)

Stuff like when I was levelling my sorc and about level 10 or so and saw another saw blast past with a Telemon pet in tow - just made me want to level up even more :)

Speccing my first toon - a Pala with a couple of points in pretty much everything...

Tangs - for many reasons - first time you saw a mental tang pull, or when tangs agro range was 100000 miles and they chased you across all of Cam...

Getting Rog equipment of 95% qual or something and still thinking it was mint :D

Dartmoor ponies , and accidentaly killing a herdsman for a laugh before realising all the donkeys are now a bit upset you just killed their master and cue swarm..

Keltoi....Barrows....DF..... even Mithra.....

Gawd I miss em all !

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Ah ! The memories ! :)

I remember taking my level 5 Pally at night through Avalon Marsh getting ganked by level 7 undead knights lol

Those were the days when Mithra was actually fun to adventure in !

Keltoi was gr8 fun. You always ended up getting encumbered with the crap drops LOL

Groups were so much fun. I was in a guild called Ferus Legionis (probably defunct now) and the people there were brilliant. It was about having a laugh first, then playing the game second. The way it should be.

I also remember the first time I saw a Telemon. WTF was that !

I remember going on the first Cornwall dragon raid. There was over 500 people and we crashed the server 2 or 3 times lol as the zone couldn't handle that many ppl in the same zone at the same time.

Those were the days of smite clerics. I remember a cleric called Bill who dinged 50 in the Barrows solo as a smite cleric. Seriously impressive. None of this buff bot bollocks.

Spellcrafting was relatively in its infancy. No templates.

Tanglers were always an absolute riot ! Some Theurg accidentally pulls the entire tree, your group gets wiped, and it takes 10 mins for everyone to stop LOLing before PMing for rez.

Lyonesse was great. That was THE zone when you dinged 50 at. A real slog. One of my most memorable experiences of brilliant group laughs was beteen 48-50 at trees / worms.

Those were the days !

/sigh
/smile

Borgio Finstermoor

One of Freddy's beloved
MULGROT MAGGOT!!!

DAMN GHIM!!

I remember always watching my back when I was in that area killing cutpurses...

Growing up in Ludlow! Dying my armour green for the first time, my furst guild... ah the memories.

Friends long gone....

Evzy! I think im gonna roll me a new char from scratch now lol

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Snow crabs in Uppland, just outside the gates, being ganked there by Veeshan day in day out, made great friends with a lot of old timers there.

Vendo caves, packed to the hilt with levels 20+ in small groups.

H and Lair, shitty list groups but again, met some great nice people there.

Relic raids, consisting of 2-300 people per side camping Grallahorn, looking down that hill and watching the little red square diminish as the zone crashed.

Scav room groups in spind, where THE BEST weapons and armour in the game dropped! Oh we all wanted that lightsaber!

Seeing a WoW for the first time in Ruamarik!

Gathering round the forge in Gna Faste and Bledmeer with old faces long gone, whittling away the days crafting, and watching lowbies die again and again in Askheim and at the willows...

TBH I dont think most players around now know where Askheim is, or could name the two mobs who ran it. Or where soulsong is, or where the Hammer of Black Ice drops...how things have changed!

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Hmmm if we can get enough people misty eyed we could have a FH night where everyone logs on a new toon and we just run around levelling in groups.... won't happen but you never know......

Novac

Fledgling Freddie
My first char, a paladin. had just dinged like level 3 at humberton village and saw Dukat walk there and /bind. i was like wow... wth did u do to make those blue circles around u ! then dukat gave me 2gold and been friends eversince :p that was like what, 3+ years ago :p

edit: Dukat aka. Kalloth :p

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
God I remember binding with no animations at all..Then I remember binding coming in with the cirlcles and everyone in Sauv on the tele pad was spamming bind - Sauv looked like a early 90's rave I tell thee!! Hence now its on a timer :)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Ah ! Emain Macha ! 100 Albs crowded on the pad at Sauvage waiting for the 15 minute port then pretty much everyone able to get into groups at ATK followed by a mad scramble dash to AMG / DC before getting pwnd by Mids LOL

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Oooohhh the days in Nisses lair outside Ft. Atla I think it was. How many a time one bit the dust in there! ^^ And going back with my zerk at lvl 45 to get vengance! :D
And ofc Askheim. :)
And H. And sitting on the slope at Lair hopeing that no one would stand in the dragons aggro path. :)
And when all the styles icons looked the same. ^^
And so on and so forth... ^^

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Teh FnoRd said:
And ofc Askheim. :)

God damn, I've not seen that place since I actually leveled my first toon. Think it was with an early WoV group where we went in there being very careful and looking for everything/trying to not get owned by a horde of pissed off wolves.

Remember grouping from like 15-25 with some SM called 'Minimal' in Vendo and bitching over PMing about the AFK seers =D (Most probably a WoWer now or something)

MALMO! Loved that zone =D Was the puller from 45-49.... Brite took me there on his shaman :p Tried pulling the dragon. - Stayed up for literally 45-46 hours waiting for a group while talking to Funkybunny =D Funny as hell... Dinged 50 about a day before him and was there when he dinged 50. ^^

When WoV was a quite big guild (Isenmight etc played actively) and when Lenore was just some weirdo to me =D

Great times, won't happen again. =<

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
i remember i had to do a transfer, i was like wtf is a transfer? and then the guy was gone, so i just sold the stuff he gave me, then he was mad once he came back xD

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
old.Whoodoo said:
Snow crabs in Uppland, just outside the gates, being ganked there by Veeshan day in day out, made great friends with a lot of old timers there.

Vendo caves, packed to the hilt with levels 20+ in small groups.

H and Lair, shitty list groups but again, met some great nice people there.

Relic raids, consisting of 2-300 people per side camping Grallahorn, looking down that hill and watching the little red square diminish as the zone crashed.

Scav room groups in spind, where THE BEST weapons and armour in the game dropped! Oh we all wanted that lightsaber!

Seeing a WoW for the first time in Ruamarik!

Gathering round the forge in Gna Faste and Bledmeer with old faces long gone, whittling away the days crafting, and watching lowbies die again and again in Askheim and at the willows...

TBH I dont think most players around now know where Askheim is, or could name the two mobs who ran it. Or where soulsong is, or where the Hammer of Black Ice drops...how things have changed!

All those things were great, middy is still the best looking zone.

Always remember Bazza Bones (top bloke) from Nazgul sat in GNA Faste 24/7 buying everyone's metal from lair to salvage.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Coldbeard said:
Not another nostalgia thread :<

I have been playing DAOC pretty much since beginning and BarrysWorld prior to here....I still don't remember a time before +1 pointless posts like that :(

Everz

FH is my second home
WATER BEETLES :worthy: the legends themselves

Blackthorn/hills, ace area, 2x pb there owned em all,

Fins group, nothing beat the feeling of getting into one of these at low lvl, was like ace xp at last xD

Muire tomb, the tomp creep owning me everytime i zoned in

Spraggon Den, my fav dungeon, always will be, rememberin the first time i entered there, was like wtf a dungeon with spraggon.. ace xD?

Goin to Bog of Cullen with a group for the first time, ace place always good to visit, same goes for Cursed Forest and pooka locations

Getting the first glowie and feeling like a god (dragon staff ftw xD)

and ofc the first rvr kill was the best.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, good ol' memories.

Screaming on roger wilco when Sinister attacked us in Snowdonia

Been proud that I hit a mob harder with a staff as a sorcerer then an armsman at the same level (so little gameplay knowledge, I hit grey, arms hit yellow :))

Tangler pulls. Inc! Inc! Heal! Rezz! One of the biggest mistake were taking out autopull imo

Waiting for hours to get a tree group in Lyonesse (not that good memories tho)

Hitting 50 after 29 days played (and got nerfed 2 days later)

OF as a whole

And so on...

I miss those days

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
most of the things people list are still there, its the people that have left which is the real thing i miss.

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
muires tomb at level 10 with a fg i crapped myself with all teh pops that came a chasing me

-Hayfever-

Fledgling Freddie
Nisse's Lair was a good one. Levelling up with a guy up the levels and having a great laugh but then I went on holiday for 1 week and logged back on and he was 50. So then I said he would have to help me level as i was level 34 and he was 50 hehe. golden times

The guy was Moanapozzi/HealandBuff in Nazgul on mid/excal.

Anyone know if hes still playing?

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Levelling in groups at yggdra forest most fun I've had in all my time in game all the level 50's running around protecting the lowbies from invaders :p

Will never forget seeing my first enemy there was stood there healing my group then all of a sudden a lurikeen falls dead at my feet and death unstealths and then runs off :p

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
Mellon Collie :<

My favourite gotta be lvl 20-25 bomb groups in df on my chanter... or even b4 that my pala on alb... getting full set of keltoi chain and thinking i was the shit in thid... hahaha

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
evzy said:
I have been playing DAOC pretty much since beginning and BarrysWorld prior to here....I still don't remember a time before +1 pointless posts like that :(

Wow relax, didn't mean it that way. Just always tend to get nostalgic when people bring back memories from way back in daoc :)

elbeeks said:
You are only jealous coz all your toons are ebaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayed!

Not quite sure what you are trying to do here, flamebait, insult me or being funny?

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Coldbeard said:
Wow relax, didn't mean it that way. Just always tend to get nostalgic when people bring back memories from way back in daoc :)

My bad then dude :)

Had had a crappy day at work :)

Apologies!

zantera

Banned
I remember in Thid where there were /level 20 armoured wizards running around and I could solo 7-10 of them which made me feel good. But it is all lost :/

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
i remember when snickers were called marathons

or starburst were called opal fruits

- English -

Resident Freddy
<-- wants to level at crabs...

or PA greys on my inf so they tell level 50s to come out at svasud lol...

great times, gone but not forgotten.

Borand

Fledgling Freddie
Holding back waves of Albs/Hibs at keeps with my trusty AoE DoT spammage :p

And the small scale fights in HW and Odin's were always great fun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom