I ponder...

K

kasyx

Just a question - does anyone actually think UT2k3 is _better_ than the original?

O

omega-b

Wel graphically its superb, but then again i know where you are coming from. There doesnt seam to be the same atmosphere as the origional.

K

kasyx

I honestly don't think the graphics are any good. Too bloaty. And I hate that I can't change the size of the hud - I run at 1600x1200, and gah! AND WHERE'S MY SNIPER RIFLE! *cries*

Yeah, just played a quick game of UT, and by god does it look and play soooooo pretty on my machine. I just don't think UT2k3 has it in it, tbh.

O

omega-b

Wheres my sniper rifle... I hate that lightning gun, they can see where im shooting with, and if you dont kill them with the first shot they have enough time to run a marathon before the reload is over. On the other hand if you shoot dead bodies with it, they start to twitch hehe

G

GalaxiaN

I think it's miles better (Gulp! looks like I'm the only one who thinks so :uhoh: )
I played the original Unreal on line quite a bit but never got into UT. Thought it was good when released but after a couple of months returned to the Quake series with Q3.

I agree the sniper rifle was cool but the lightning gun isn't that different. It's still instant hit and headshots work the same.

kasyx: HUD scaling changes the size of the HUD although it only reduces the size. Just as well cause the default size is way too big.

P

phipck

graphics ar sweet if running a high end card, but the game play and ladder format are far too elitist for me. i dont like the competition, prefur mindless killing without the thought that somone has a thing against u cos ur at the top (or bottom) of a legue. and the mods for ut are just infinite.
still, the ut2k3 maps are more open and that does provide some sweet snipering (if only i had me old faithful .22, damn that lightning gun) those were the days

D

dougyt

No it's nowhere near as good. The graphics etc. have only slowed the gameplay down.
It is slightly better with the UToriginal mod on giving you the weapons and less wait for reload of the original.
UT2K3 looks good, but plays crap IMHO

Dougyt

S

Slug

yes i belive it is much better, we have yet to see any good mods for it though

K

KevinUK

The mods being done look really good, it will make buying the game worth it :D

G

Guffrie

i think it's better than the original in ways, but worse in others. When I hear the words "Unreal tournament 2003" all I can think of now is a flying michellen man bouncing around the map. That's how one of my clan mates described it (anti-ut2k3 person).

It has its upsides. It's being taken seriously for CPL's and such. It's TDM is far superior to UT1 TDM, having good maps, and new maps. The karma physics is amazing. But it's ctf side is poor in my opinion. The maps are too DM like.

But as said above the graphics are far better, even if it needs a beast of a machine :)

Overall I'd say ut2k3 is better, because it has about 3 years to live, where as UT has already lived those.. and is slowly dieing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom