I play these

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
I play C&C Generals / Zero Hour, now and again!

Lam

Fledgling Freddie
Warcraft III, Starcraft and C&C:Generals

Anul

Fledgling Freddie
I play C&C zero hour and WC3 and the expension regulary

breal

Fledgling Freddie
I play Age of Mythology, Rise of Nations and very occasionally C&C Generals (although Im crap at it). Used to play Age of Empires a few years ago, so Im trying to get back in the habit of RTS games :)

Custodian

Loyal Freddie
hmm... lemme see... I have played or dabbled with things like...
Warhammer: Dark Omen
Age of Empires + AoE:Rise of Rome
Age of EmpiresII + AoEII:Conquerers Expansion
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun + Firestorm
Tzar
Conquest:Frontier Wars
Settlers3 (does that count ;) )
What about Caesar3?
Army Men RTS :(
Cossacks & American Conquest
Total War series
Homeworld

Suppose we should include turn based in here as well, like Alpha Centauri, Age of Wonders and Kohan.

Blimey... there are just so many more as well.

No new one you might notice... that's cos I have more games than I can unwrap, an old PC that can't handle the new 3d ones, and am a tight bugger so always often wait for the budget release :p

Patriarch

Fledgling Freddie
I love Civilization 3, but I find it extremely hard on any of the respectable difficulty levels, and the way it handles combat is quite poor.

dr_jo

Fledgling Freddie
This is about the only kind of games I do play. Caesar 3 and Pharoh being current favourites. But I can't get the hang of combat in any of them really, so unless I can build really good defenses, I'm stuck!

I've got Age of Empires 2, and I'm terrible :-(

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Custodian said:
You know... I don't think I have. Not even a demo :eek:

You're missing out! It even fits in all your prerequisits. :)

TedTheDog

Fred's & Barry's co-founder
Empire Earth!
Supoib RTS that never made the big time.
The principal thing it has going for it is excellent AI so co-op games against the machine are never easy (er, unless you set it on easy).
The ai never gives up and it'll run 2 good players ragged on hard level.
And it defends intelligently and attacks in like no other RTS. Tis a thing of beauty....

D

Dark Weaver

EMpire Earth is indeed a thing of beauty. I didnt even know about it til a mate challenged me to it and slowly got addicted.

So much stuff you can do, some niggling things (as well with all games) but the way the AI does often spring the odd clever surprise (flying a nuclear bomber through that one cap in your air defence) is always fun :).

Although I'm still an AoE 2, Dungeon Keeper and Red Alert (in both cases, the ORIGINAL) player at heart :).

Embattle

FH is my second home
Got Empire Earth when it came out but still haven't played it, other RTS games I've played are Rise of Nations, C&C Generals, C&C Generals:Zero Hour, Emperor: Battle for Dune, AOE 2, Homeworld 1 & 2.

SparKeh

Fledgling Freddie
i play champsion manager 04 :D

and some old games when i take the notion like Commando's, aoe2 etc.

I've got age of mythology but never got round to playing it yet - wheres the best place to find others to play against?

breal

Fledgling Freddie
Age of Mythology is great, I recently got it after having played AoE and AoK for a few years...

Not started playing online yet, but the best site is http://aom.heavengames.com/ , and you can play online through Ensemble Studios Online (see that site or within the game click multiplayer).

Meatballs

One of Freddy's beloved
Warcraft III - TFT! (and dabbling in a bit of Lords Of everquest singleplayer)

Concept04

Fledgling Freddie
Total Annihilation is probably one of my favourite RTS's, and probably the best combining full sea, air and land units creating some of the best battle scenes. And the way the screen shook with explosions.......sexy.

When I had a PC I would play Red Alert, Tiberian Sun, Total Annihilation, Age of Empires, Warwind 2 (I still prefer the classic view, none of this 3d nonsense where amounts of units required aren't as high), Generals, AoM, Warcraft III and probably more which I can't remember. Ooh I wish they'd port Total Annihilation over.

Custodian

Loyal Freddie
dr_jo said:
This is about the only kind of games I do play. Caesar 3 and Pharoh being current favourites. But I can't get the hang of combat in any of them really, so unless I can build really good defenses, I'm stuck!

I've got Age of Empires 2, and I'm terrible :-(
Sounds like you are an empire builder rather than a warmonger :)
I sometimes like playing games that focus on the building side more that the fighting, although many prefer the fighting to be more prominent, or even lose the resource gathering thing completely.
If you like Caesar and Pharoh then I guess the next games for you would be Zeus and Emperor. Or Tropico2:pirate Cove is a varation on the empire building idea, cos it has pirates in it ;)

Sir Frizz said:
You're missing out! It even fits in all your prerequisits.
Guess I better look for it in the sales then... might find it for under a fiver and be tempted.

When I finally get around to getting the new box I think Warcraft III is one I will be looking to try.

Custodian

Loyal Freddie
Brynn said:
I really like Total Annhialiation (sp).
You could have copied it from previous posts rather than guess and get it wrong :p

Oh look, a free copy of Battle Realms has turned up :clap:

Embattle

FH is my second home
Total Annihilation....yes I forgot that one, it was great.

Lam

Fledgling Freddie
Total Annihilation was a great game and so was Total Annihilation: Kingdoms which was based in a fantasy setting.
I still play Kingdoms from time to time just for some good old fun.

Also I installed Earth 2140 again a few days ago and had some great fun with it.

Custodian

Loyal Freddie
Lam said:
Total Annihilation was a great game and so was Total Annihilation: Kingdoms which was based in a fantasy setting.
I still play Kingdoms from time to time just for some good old fun.

Fantasy... I like fantasy. Must look out for that as well.

So much to play, so little time :(

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I still play Age of Empires II, it's still a fantastic game. Nothing like playing a Deathmatch on Black Forest against 3 computers all set on hard. Playing for 6 hours, gaining ground then retreating over and over again, and then cutting a line through the trees with trebuchets so you can sneak in unnoticed and create havoc while they're attacking your defenses in the opposite corner of the map. :D

I'll never tire of it. :)

Also, AoM, AoT and a bit of Warcraft3. And Empire Earth was massively underrated, it's a fine game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom