I/O error

Cyviel

Fledgling Freddie
Cizzie said:
I'll get a I/O error while i trying to install TOA.
have done what this page says already
http://support.darkageofcamelot.com...mwyPTUzJnBfc29ydF9ieT1kZmx0JnBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=

any ideas what to do?

if your getting I/O errors, sometimes its caused because you have like i had 1 DVD and 1 CD/RW connected on the same IDE cable, try swapping your CD or DVD to another IDE cable (think theyre called IDE you know the cable that goes into your mobo) that worked for me and solved it perma, sometimes it conflicts and the input output errors reflect this...sometimes you can just keep reinstalling and it willgo thru sometimes.

Covenant

Can't get enough of FH
Cyviel said:
if your getting I/O errors, sometimes its caused because you have like i had 1 DVD and 1 CD/RW connected on the same IDE cable, try swapping your CD or DVD to another IDE cable (think theyre called IDE you know the cable that goes into your mobo) that worked for me and solved it perma, sometimes it conflicts and the input output errors reflect this...sometimes you can just keep reinstalling and it willgo thru sometimes.

They are, and yes, that is a possible cause.

How far through the installation did you get?

Cizzie

Fledgling Freddie
I wont even tell u what i did wrong couse its so stuiped :eek2:
But i can say your post did helped me get this working

:worthy:

Thanks allot :)

Cyviel

Fledgling Freddie
Cizzie said:
I wont even tell u what i did wrong couse its so stuiped :eek2:
But i can say your post did helped me get this working

:worthy:

Thanks allot :)

your more than welcome hun! glad to get other players up and running asap so my download server will be less burdened for when i get home and DL patches!!

Cyviel

Fledgling Freddie
please post what u did, cos now i get i/o errors and its killing me, maybe i forgot something obvious, please post ASAP

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
please post what u did, cos now i get i/o errors and its killing me, maybe i forgot something obvious, please post ASAP

haha QQ

Bonge said:
Having the same problem, any more help appreciated

i've gotten around it, but you wont like it, i started install and then stopped it, went into my folder opened the TOA.exe file and D/L ALL the 720mb worth of files and it works fine, took 4 hours on my ADSL connection at 512kbps but ive now zipped the file up and will save it incase of crash, i suggest you do the same and burn it to CD when its done like im doing now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom