I need help in UT.

O

old.Conquerer

Basically, what tips can you give a n00bie like me? I love UT but I suck online. Ne tips would be gr8!
Thanx in advance.

O

old.curtiswelt

Find some servers with only a couple people on them so you don't get group-f#$%ed..... once you get better start playing against more and more people.

O

old.Conquerer

Seems simple enough, will I be able to learn the maps by playing against GodLike bots?

O

old.DELTA007

GodLike bots are excelent bots... but they still are bots :)
Nothing like the on-line experience so u know every trick there's for the map :)

O

old.Conquerer

Is there ne websites that I can go to which will show me these tricks?

L

luap

Play on a few online games and you'll soon witness the tricks. Piston Jumping to the quad is a fav. Practice it.

O

old.Conquerer

Explain telepunting and piston jump pls?

T

Testin da Cable

pistonjump: load up the impact hammer to it's fullest extenct, point at the ground and release/jump at the same time. some ppl use a bind to make it easier. it helps you get up into those 'hard to reach' places when you don't have a teleporter. example is getting the damage amp on 'turbine'. works a bit like the 'rocket-jump' but is easier to control. comes at a price tho as it can cost up to 50 health. requires: lots of health, impact hammer

telepunt: shoot your teleporter on to the ground in front of you, preferably on a sloped surface. switch to impact hammer, load up, and wack the telepoint to wherever you want to go. then switch back to the teleporter and you're there. takes some practise to get right, but you will be able to cross long distances very quickly. requires teleporter, impact hammer

-tdc

W

Wij

Originally posted by testin_da_cable
pistonjump: load up the impact hammer to it's fullest extenct, point at the ground and release/jump at the same time. some ppl use a bind to make it easier. it helps you get up into those 'hard to reach' places when you don't have a teleporter. example is getting the damage amp on 'turbine'. works a bit like the 'rocket-jump' but is easier to control. comes at a price tho as it can cost up to 50 health. requires: lots of health, impact hammer

That would be Tempest. Not Turbine. It's on a beam near the roof in the big room with a shock-rifle.

telepunt: shoot your teleporter on to the ground in front of you, preferably on a sloped surface. switch to impact hammer, load up, and wack the telepoint to wherever you want to go. then switch back to the teleporter and you're there. takes some practise to get right, but you will be able to cross long distances very quickly. requires teleporter, impact hammer

...and time. that's the main drawback. Also, if the enemy sees the teleporter flying in they will try to blow it up before you teleport to it, or wait for you to teleport through and greet you with 6 rockets. Don't abuse telepunting :)

-tdc

O

old.«XLV|Connor»

the only thing i can say is practice alot on servers with good players,gamepoint/wireplay,in the beginning they will realy kick your ass but you soon will learn how to answer their rockets =)

black_logo.gif

O

old.Conquerer

I can own most of the time in servers, it's just when i am A)on a map which i don't know/don't know well
B)have fooked up mi controls (happens alot)
and C)not used to a particular weapon in a particular situation
i will loose, badly.

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by Wij

That would be Tempest. Not Turbine.

how would one get the damage amp on Turbine then?
:D

O

old.[AXE]Raith

Find someone who is willing to share with you all the Tips and Tricks that they know and practice them for yourself.

But dont ask me coz I am shit :)

O

old.SUp3rFM

It's possible to catch the amp in Turbine without using the ih :p

Conquerer, wanna know tips? Learn them by the hard way. Play 'til your eyes burn :p

O

old.SYG

I found that spectating games are a good way of sussing a map, even ones you haven't played before.
Choose a good player and they will lead you around searching for power-ups, weapons etc.

W

Wazzerphuk

I always found playing the bots until you start owning the godlike bots...then move to the servers so you don't look like a fool :)

O

old.[MMX]NinjaGaz

Ok.. nobody 0wns the godlike bots :)

And its stupid to practice against them too. They play nothing like humans. Their rockets are pants and their pistol is too 1337 :)

However doing the tournament mode against the bots you struggle against (i.e. lose to but dont come last with 4 in a server) will improve you loads.

I regularly do Godlike tournament mode just to keep my pistolling skillz up :)

Beware though AS-Overlord is 10* harder than any other level so prepare to be annoyed with that one ;)

The biggest tip of all I have for you is to join a clan. Joining a clan gets you to learn the knowledge of many players as well as learning to play tactically. Its also more fun :)

Practicing weapon arenas is also a great help.

O

old.|V3|WhiteTiger

Demos

I really think it´s nice from you guys sharing some cool tips with other players but i have to agree with what has been said by some of you to perform well online you have to increase your Phone Bills ( If u use diap up that is ).

http://www.cached.net/demos/query.php3?game=Unreal Tournament&limit=200

In order to see some really hot action go to the link above and download some demos ( i can´t give you advice about wich ones because it has been a long time since the last time i watched some demos my hardcore gaming time seem to be over ...i hope so ).
Enjoy

O

old.Brayna

Try and kick ass on servers with crappy players first... then move onto bigger and harder opposition :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom