I need a pc.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Basically, i have no money as im a student and working 25 hours a week and doing a degree gives me food money and not a lot else. My laptop has had enough and im basically without a machine to do anything on. Can someone send me an old pc please.

Thanks
xxxxx

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
or failing that, get your mum and dad to buy you one :p you might be skint but they arent.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
hahaha nice one.

my dad doesnt know im at uni even though ive been here nearly 3 years and my mum is a teacher with 3 other kids to worry about.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
yeah but i want to play games!

(also i graduate ina month and need to put a portfolio together)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Ask in the tech forum, jup asked for sPare parts to build a gaming pc fir his boy and got loads of offers. You never know...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I have a graphics card you can have...needs a new fan though. HD4890

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Is Canterbury really that expensive? I work 24 hours a week on top of my degree and I survive quite adequately, provided I'm sensible about choosing cheap(er) nights out!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Be honest, do you get shit faced on the weekends with partying etc? So many students complain about money, but go clubbing every night.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Canterbury is expensive! I have enough money to get by fine, but not really to buy anything other than the odd item of clothing. I don't get any financial support from my parents or anything, simply cos my mum cant afford it and my dad isnt interested.

Thanks for the offer Raven, how hard is it to replace a gfx card fan?

I go out once, maybe twice a week to the pub, never go spending loads of money in clubs or anything. Its just hard man. If I don't want to be completely fucked when I finish uni i need to get a full time job now, still having exams and dissertation to do just so i have the ability to save a bit of money every month so I can afford to move out to a new place when my lease is up. Moving in with parents is not an option. Im looking for any admin job but can't find anything despite having 3 years admin experience gained before uni. Just rejection after rejection.

Sucks.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
If you have experience and are still struggling. Just lie and make your cv look better. You need to know enough about the application to blag it, but being honest gets you no where :(

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Actually i dont even buy clothes ive not bough any clothes since about september last year.

I know it's tough for everyone at the moment but I hate the thought of having to lie on my cv to get a simple admin job that I could walk into 5 years ago.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It should be easy enough, I bought a new fan for it but don't think I fitted it properly. A bit of thermal paste and googling and it should be fine. I used it as an excuse to replace it! It was a decent enough card though, should be fine for most out atm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom