I miss DAoC - What to do!

Sorro

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, guess i will buy them then. Might aswell use the cash i got from selling my Darkfall account, what a piece of crap game.

glabbin

One of Freddy's beloved
Im resubbing to my us acc now :) DAoC is like crack, only better.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
If you miss the PvE I advise Gaheris, played on gaheris myself for awhile now and its fun despite it being a pve server... ace/friendly community huge pve encounters exclusive only to gaheris and above all that no worries of being killed while you grind away in laby or df :p

I'm on gaheris atm getting my baby troll warrior some rr's.. just dinged rr7

On a more sad side you'll need a buffbot or you can't do shit (or you could be a friar):p you also get 30 extra Realm Ability Points on Gaheris, you get 1 for each level after 20... so in theory you could be RR16 (just not have the RR for it)

I run 3 accounts on the server, blockbot/pbaoe/buffer so if you do drop into gaheris gimme a shout will be on Soru most likely, if not try Tonberries or BloodOmens and we'll sort some PL out at fins.

As for the population on Gaheris, theres still 200ish on prime time I think, doesn't seem like alot but its a pve server you really don't need alot for pve.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Ops forgot to add, its 100-150% more xp in DF/frontiers/laby so its reletively easy to level from 20-50 or 1-50 whichever, easy classes to get started on the server are vamp/friar or if you've got a bot focus pulls or shield tanks, archers also level very easily.

If do play on gaheris and eventually make a crafter for yourself you don't need to make one for specific realms, each realm can craft for all 3 realms you just have to do

/craft alb
/craft mid
/craft hib

anything else you get stuck with just ask me or someone else from gaheris :p

Everz

FH is my second home
If you miss the PvE I advise Gaheris, played on gaheris myself for awhile now and its fun despite it being a pve server... ace/friendly community huge pve encounters exclusive only to gaheris and above all that no worries of being killed while you grind away in laby or df :p

I'm on gaheris atm getting my baby troll warrior some rr's.. just dinged rr7

On a more sad side you'll need a buffbot or you can't do shit (or you could be a friar):p you also get 30 extra Realm Ability Points on Gaheris, you get 1 for each level after 20... so in theory you could be RR16 (just not have the RR for it)

I run 3 accounts on the server, blockbot/pbaoe/buffer so if you do drop into gaheris gimme a shout will be on Soru most likely, if not try Tonberries or BloodOmens and we'll sort some PL out at fins.

As for the population on Gaheris, theres still 200ish on prime time I think, doesn't seem like alot but its a pve server you really don't need alot for pve.

Good times on Gaheris it was mate, may log on now a few are back, got a friar setup there for pl'ing farming etc etc, and menty for hot/dot pwn thats still logged in Galla.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Good times on Gaheris it was mate, may log on now a few are back, got a friar setup there for pl'ing farming etc etc, and menty for hot/dot pwn thats still logged in Galla.

luls ^^ I is addicted to Gaheris, never been back on an rvr server since I started on Gaheris.

Give me a poke when you goto Galla i'll come with something xd

Everz

FH is my second home
luls ^^ I is addicted to Gaheris, never been back on an rvr server since I started on Gaheris.

Give me a poke when you goto Galla i'll come with something xd

Heh, yeh was good time, we had like a grp of peeps always up for something, Hokios is the one name i remember. Though i'm all pve'd out, got ml10 on cab so went round, did Sidi all the way to Apoc. :D

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Heh, yeh was good time, we had like a grp of peeps always up for something, Hokios is the one name i remember. Though i'm all pve'd out, got ml10 on cab so went round, did Sidi all the way to Apoc. :D

heh got an ml10 cab aswell on gaheris they be funs :p I play warrior mostly atm tho, doing dragons with like 3-4 scouts, warrior and 3 ress bots :p my vaults are brimming with dragon shit ><

Everz

FH is my second home
heh got an ml10 cab aswell on gaheris they be funs :p I play warrior mostly atm tho, doing dragons with like 3-4 scouts, warrior and 3 ress bots :p my vaults are brimming with dragon shit ><

Haha niicee, more fun in the old epic dungeons imo :D. Going to give Krondon a blast later to see if that is doable, already taken care of the AC dragon.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Haha niicee, more fun in the old epic dungeons imo :D. Going to give Krondon a blast later to see if that is doable, already taken care of the AC dragon.

I tried Krondon with my necro once :p and failed miserably, got to the last boss but I wasn't sc'd at the time twas when we just started there really.

Might go back and chin it with paladin, I want to try out these new 1.97 changes on paladin.

"- Bards, Minstrels, Paladins, Skalds, and Wardens will now be able to run two songs or chants simultaneously."

<3

Everz

FH is my second home
I tried Krondon with my necro once :p and failed miserably, got to the last boss but I wasn't sc'd at the time twas when we just started there really.

Might go back and chin it with paladin, I want to try out these new 1.97 changes on paladin.

"- Bards, Minstrels, Paladins, Skalds, and Wardens will now be able to run two songs or chants simultaneously."

<3

:cheers:

The new changes are very nice, least for mins, having a good laugh in thid with mine, just got the sidi vest also so time to take it to 50. Give a yell if your gonna do it, can log on the friar for super heal proc and sweet healage.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
:cheers:

The new changes are very nice, least for mins, having a good laugh in thid with mine, just got the sidi vest also so time to take it to 50. Give a yell if your gonna do it, can log on the friar for super heal proc and sweet healage.

dinna we'll see, gonna powerlevel my SM first getting sick of ice wizzies arse pbaoe/lack of intercepting pet.

331.1 spirit based pbaoe > 325 ice, most things are weak to spirit :( RR13 guildy swears by sm's for the pbaoe choice on gaheris, shes dishing out constant pbaoes of 2k vs high purples using that mythrian that raises spell levels. My icer does a canny bit of damage think max 900 vs purple no crits but no str/con debuff or ML9 pet to help out in places.

Icer was wifes char tho :p only reason it got leveled, that and the fact its lgm alch/sc'er.

Everz

FH is my second home
haha, that is a good reason, but SM>all the better dmg and its better for keeps.

Sorro

Fledgling Freddie
Bit worried bout the low pop on Gah, otherwise id go there instantly.

Alltho, i aint running into many people on Devon :)

Level 35x2 atm, so going fairly strong for a casual!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Bit worried bout the low pop on Gah, otherwise id go there instantly.

Alltho, i aint running into many people on Devon :)

Level 35x2 atm, so going fairly strong for a casual!

Pop on gaheris means nothing :p theres no pve encounter that requires more than 3-4 full groups :p theres generally 150-200 online USA prime time been like that for ages.

Fuggz

Fledgling Freddie
Reactivated my account! Thugs US!

Just reopened an account I have on US. Created a Frostalf thane with high piety. Probably will end up creating another sb for Thid though. Only damn alt I feel really at home playing. Maybe take it to 50 and see how that works out - maybe not. Thid will probably do it for me again.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Just reopened an account I have on US. Created a Frostalf thane with high piety. Probably will end up creating another sb for Thid though. Only damn alt I feel really at home playing. Maybe take it to 50 and see how that works out - maybe not. Thid will probably do it for me again.

If it's on Devon you won't have any problem finding albs in thid, that's for sure

Fuggz

Fledgling Freddie
If it's on Devon you won't have any problem finding albs in thid, that's for sure

Full SC, TOA and buffs there ain't it? I can normally cope with just buffs if I have a sc suit myself but sc, toa and buffs is a lot harder. Probably rr2 is in Thid too I expect. Just too much to cope with. Started on the classic. Bad enough there with sc and stuff.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Full SC, TOA and buffs there ain't it? I can normally cope with just buffs if I have a sc suit myself but sc, toa and buffs is a lot harder. Probably rr2 is in Thid too I expect. Just too much to cope with. Started on the classic. Bad enough there with sc and stuff.

Can only be 1l4 in thid now, they changed that when people started using charge, purge and moc :D

But I cope quite well with just buffpots and a sc'd template on Devon and killibury, since the entire place is filled with rogsuited people just trying to get some levels and easy rps.. On Devon I've seen as much as 35 albs in thid at primetime

Fuggz

Fledgling Freddie
Where the hell is Devon anyways? I ain't got that as a realm option?

Afran

Part of the furniture
Devon cluster

Akatsuki
Bedevere
Galahad
Igraine
Iseult
Kay
Lancelot
Morgan
Pellinor

Everz

FH is my second home
Give back 2L4 in thid, remember running around on my VW with that :<

Fuggz

Fledgling Freddie
Ruined Thid - sc, toa, rr2, toa buffs! What the hell is wrong with drops for all? Much more fun and hell offa lot longer fights.

Now when you want to start on some server you have to think about 2 accounts, crafting and god knows what else. I also hate the stamina thing too. Load of cobblers that is. Stamina should regen a lot quicker for all. Who the hell makes these decisions with Mythic anyways? He or they must work for WOW or some other game and are deliberately knackering Daoc.

Fuggz

Fledgling Freddie
Ruined Thid - sc, toa, rr2, toa buffs! What the hell is wrong with drops for all? Much more fun and hell offa lot longer fights.

Now when you want to start on some server you have to think about 2 accounts, crafting and god knows what else. I also hate the stamina thing too. Load of cobblers that is. Stamina should regen a lot quicker for all. Who the hell makes these decisions with Mythic anyways? He or they must work for WOW or some other game and are deliberately knackering Daoc.

Well I must be totally wrong with regard to the above. On the us servers classic is practically empty compared to the others. Devon is quite busy so that means a great many are still running 2 accounts. Unless I am mistaken that adds upto about £20 or more a month doesn't it? Must admit I used to like running 2 accounts myself so I can see the attraction. Also makes you pay attention to your computer specs to be able to do so. Perhaps they should offer a large discount if you do run more than one account. Not for me though as I have too many other interests now.

Buff up and give em hell!

GReaper

Part of the furniture
I recently started again on US servers and eventually gave up after a short while. Levelled up a Cabalist, however unless you're permanently grouped or have your own buffbot - it simply isn't worthwhile.

Shame really, because I'm still fond of the game - but I'm not prepared to pay for 2 accounts again to get back into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom