I love Zerg's

S

shadowyn

Am i the only hibbie that actually likes zergs in emain? well perhaps i should say, will admit to liking them, because everyone moans about them, but often there are 60+ hibies out there.

I do like one on one battles just as much, but i can't believe so many say they hate emain battles. To me it is more realistic having a great number of people fighting side by side, charging at the enermy, then retreating when it goes tits up to regroup, assassins going over the walls, archers finding snipe locations, tanks running in etc. With the new group heal battery things comming in for healer classes, it's even better for them.

I have also noticed that us hibbies are slowly learning to zerg, afterall the albs are masters of it, but now it seems the mids are learning also, they often run in groups of two and three now.

Yesterday was great, we had 5 fg's running from amg to mmg, and basically we owned emain for over an hour, was great and people were rezzing dead not in thier own groups, yelling information and basically playing like an army should.

I just want to know if others like me, actually like these battles.

S

Sohan_THC

albs found it out like some months ago , seems goa nevd all exept our brains ohw lets not bring them any tips :)

so hmm in about 2 months orso you understand that zerging with 5 fg sucks , not if you in it but ppl will just go odin or sauvage
cause albs need like 7 fg to beat you and mid around 5 orso.
heck we could do a relic raid if we have 7 fg's, so is bit waste of time and spoils the fun alot.
if you happy with it zerg while you can, it will be empty one day
en you will find out sauvage and odin are packed with small groups having fun in small / medium combats.
if the change to win reduces to less then 0 ppl start to move :)
g/j mate your mam would be proud.

E

Ensceptifica

Originally posted by shadowyn
people were rezzing dead not in thier own groups

Been doing that since day one : /

About zerging... I don't mind zergs per se. I do mind going to Emain with my group, getting killed by 7fg albs, spending 30 minutes getting an equal amount of people to join forces into a cg, going to Emain again, killing albs, and then seeing noone prepared to retake Crim / Crauch, half our forces suiciding on APK, and the rest getting zerged by the returned albs. I get annoyed by the fact that the bigger the group, the less the people in it use their brains. I like tactics, and big groups usually have none (there have been exceptions).

O

old.Thanatlos

Zerging as ranger = fun and nice sniping all around without much risk of death..

Zerging as healing class = A res is the most excitement you're gonna get

Sorry, but I don't share your sentiment.. to each their own I guess, I like bashing it out 1 fg vs. 1 fg when you can see what's happening and have to react accordingly to win instead of rushing after a small bunch of albs/mids with 3 fgs or something.

F

Flimgoblin

red rover can be fun :) it's the tanglers/finlaiths of RvR though :)
staple RP food, bit plain and tasteless.

J

jetsetminer

To be honest, I quite enjoy it too. It gets a bit boring at times, but then so does leveling :)

The thing I love about this game is the scale of conflict. As has been said there is an art to fighting in such large groups - keeping track of what is going on ("situational awareness"), re-grouping when appropriate, charging where appropriate. At the end of the day - I find it fun!

And that is what I play this game for, to have fun, I find it fun travelling in large groups, having large fights. One group hideously out numbering another sucks (although is nice when you are in the big group :p ) but a big battle between 2 large groups is fantastic, and in my opinion is what RvR is all about. I don't want 1vs1 battles, I love the whole team element, everyone working together to defeat the enemy.

I also think that this form of battle is more "realistic" look at all forms of war, how often is war ever 1vs1. Practically never, especially not in the medieval context of this game, you would have vast numbers of people in armys running into each other and fighting to the death.

Zerging happens, everyone zergs, I find it fun :) If you don't like zergs stick to non-zerged areas like odins or deeper into emain. If you come to the alb or mid mile gate in emain with one full group, then get zerged, don't moan about it - it's your own fault :p

A

alithiel50

Re: Re: I love Zerg's

Originally posted by Ensceptifica
I get annoyed by the fact that the bigger the group, the less the people in it use their brains. I like tactics, and big groups usually have none (there have been exceptions).
The IQ of a mob is equal to the IQ of the most stupid person present divided by the number of people in the mob....

Zerging can occasionally be fun, but only when BOTH sides are doing it and its out in the open (wall fights are boring). That's when you get tactics coming into it - otherwise it's just a mindless flood of people trying desperately to get a share of the few RP's available!

B

Brevis

Zerging isnt fun when:

1: 1 side outman the others by 2:1
2: One side camps mg's, for the ritual mexican standoff for 15 minutes untill one side decides to try their luck and push thru, getting dead or succede in their plan.

Zerging is fun when:

1: somewhat equal numbers, and yes this is rare but even smaller grps can beat larger grps if they use better tactics.
2: Instead of camping mg's, camp the area a wee bit away from them, let the others pass thru it and make a big scale battle on the grass/snow with large drawn out fronts.

Just my opinion.

W

Whoodoo_RD

Originally posted by Brevis
Zerging is fun when:

1: somewhat equal numbers, and yes this is rare but even smaller grps can beat larger grps if they use better tactics.
2: Instead of camping mg's, camp the area a wee bit away from them, let the others pass thru it and make a big scale battle on the grass/snow with large drawn out fronts.

Just my opinion.
:clap:

unfotunately, its never gonna happen, albs always come mob handed, you defeat albs 1:1 they come back 3:1, the best battles I have seen there are the hib/mid ones. Normally this is fairly even matched (although you got the casting edge).

However, most Mids are a lil dumb still (troll syndrome i think), they attack the AMG wall, which is defended by a load of albs, only to get ganked from behind by 4-5fg of well organised hibs. This normally results in the hibs also going down to the albs after we have kicked the c**p out of each other - I like to think of the albs here as vultures.

Rare occasions this also happens at MMG, whee the albs are in the middle, but alas the normal "stick your head through the door" thing gets them chopped off.

Odin's Gate is much more fun, ppl tend to use tactics more, ppl actually think here, yes we all camp the gates, but we also use our brains about how to camp them. We use scouts, casters take the right positions, tanks get used as cannon fodder while healer classes mezz and res like mad.

In a way Im glad the zerg stays in emain, gives us thinkers peace and quite to plan our attacks and defence.

F

Flimgoblin

if someone were to ever get a large force hiding out of sight of the milegate and a small token force through the gates... that'd be cool :)

I don't mind milegate fights... it's dull as hell for the tanks, but it's a laugh for the boltcasters :)

milegate+small force versus larger force is good
milegate+large force versus smaller force isn't ... but it's the same as large force versus small force half the size out in the open...

A

Arnor

we had one of the greatest fights with hibs halfway from mmg to dc-x a week ago or so. It was 5fgvs5fg, everyone was ooe/oop after a while and we had a mexican standoff 2meters away from eachother :D

Then PR cycled for Zarek, I got rezzed with full end/hp and we charged and wiped the hibs (not exactly as cinematic, but still ;) )

30secs later an alb mage-zerg came ontop of us and wiped us all while we we're resting :D

Zerg @ mg's=:puke:
Zerg @ 3:1=:puke:

Zerg @ 1:1 not at mg's= :clap:

O

old.Biffsmash

I like zergs in the BG1 because everyone is generally equal. No Realm ranks to make people overpowered, not too many RA's to do the same, not so many buffbots to make people overpowered. And even with large numbers of people, there is good tactics used. Last night I played for maybe 2 hours and gained 100 rp with my level 21 druid. I died only a few times and had good fun.

All this "lets fight 1FG v 1FG b*!l*x is complete crap., thats not how it was in the old days, and as far from realistsic as this game is, large scale battles are a lot more fun (when there are even numbers-ish) :p

1FG v 1FG is booooooooring and when u die, u are dead. No rez.. just release. :sleeping:

Just because your in Odins etc doesn't mean you all of a sudden know how to use tactics and have fun, its just a change of scenery and thats the ONLY difference to emain ;)

IMHO

Zerg + Equal-ish numbers = :clap:
1FG v 1FG = :puke:
Zerg 5FG v 1FG = :puke:

ps: boss is here = bored :D
ps2: who cares what other people think, just have fun :D

O

old.Glendower

Wars are good fun

I like the large scale, shifting battles myself, but with all the idiots and selfish, elitist/undiciplined a-holes it is very hard to get em going usually

N

Nishar Sunee

Got to admit i like zegs too, but only if it's done properly with good tactics and isn't a total gank-fest. It's even more fun when the numbers are quite equal and the outcome isn't so obvious :)

G

g0ldenbone

Like a few people have said Big scale battles can be very good fun. Milegate standoffs are pants if you got no range attack. You'd be as well just having a sit down and enjoying the lag..

As an armsman Ive occationally thought that getting the old xbow out and having a pop might be a good idea.. but its pretty much a waste of time.

S

shadowyn

Well i'm glad and quite surprised, it seems many do like the larger battles. Guess what, i actually saw 3 groups leave DL together, they created a cg and everything, omg perhaps our hibby brains work better when it's cold :)

Chatting to a rl friend the other night, he quite rightly pointed out that large battles are good, but for many the lag is too bad, and gives them another reason to hate zergs, so maybe we will get some player feedback from the new engine in SI, and hope it has eased lag a little.

D

daphatfriar

I'll always prefer the 1fg vs. 1fg means you get to appreciate the skills of the players around you. Very few pick-up groups really work in that context but with a guild-group I do enjoy the feeling of working as a team to good effect.

To claim that zerging is "realistic" is a bizzare statement indeed! I didn't listen alot in my history lessons but I'd think I'd remember the crusades for example if there were nukers and ressers in any army persent ;)

O

old.chipper

well ill cast your mind back to beta never saw any complaints about the zergs then think the things that put alot of ppl of the zerg is for hibs/mids the alb uber zerg u kill 2fg they come back with 8+
for the albs side theres never that many hibs/mids in emain these days 50 max so its juts a gank fest and you all get shitty RP

zerging can be fun when its more or less even but when u know your gonna get trampled ppl just wont bother albion does need nerfing in that respect they have close to 50% server pop there dmg in rvr should be lowered or HP or summat i remeber mythic saying something like that was in development for unbalanced servers.

K

kameh

I dont think that'd be very fair, albions pay for the game and cant help it if more people play that realm than the others. I'd be well pissed off if my characers were nerfed simply because more people play midgard than alb/hib (as if lol). I can see it making the game more fun if things were more evenly balanced BUT I cant see how they can resolve the problem of population.

Initially they should have had caps on the maximum population in each realm/server. With inactive characters being deleted periodically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom