i just sold my sleeves... what to do?

VampiiricMist

Fledgling Freddie
i just sold my sleeves that i use... is there any hope ill get it back or is it lost forever?

VampiiricMist

Fledgling Freddie
omg... i hope not :( i took a screenshot of the sellingprice and posted on rightnow.. hope i can get them back... :(

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
VampiiricMist said:
omg... i hope not :( i took a screenshot of the sellingprice and posted on rightnow.. hope i can get them back... :(

Hope you got a strong faith then...Or pray that GOA will be nice the following days...
People loosing their lvl 48quest 4*10 resists neckie and don't get it back - wonder why a pair of sleeves would be different :(

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
afraid its lost forever, best thing to do is just find a replacement

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
On US server you get them back, you dont on EU server

MagnarTBL

Fledgling Freddie
Gem of lost memories Martial/Archery

Well, I can truely agree that losing an item by accident, or just as I did, click your way through the mass-of-text when activating an artifact - resulting in wrong typ by accident, is a pain in the a*s to experience...

However, GOA officially statement is very clear on ingame items: As long as GOA is not responsible for the lost or change in items, - they will not be replaced.

For instant, if you by accident click Martial instead of Archery through all the massive text when activating the GoLM artifact, even tho it was caused by a long lagspike, you still did click wrongly in the hasty moment before you needed to log out... So basicly, it was your own choice (fault), and you need to pay the hard price of see the artifact being wrong stats when you start leveling it.

Same goes for your sleeves... You accidentially put wrong price on it, got it sold, and now you remorse your own fault....

GOA will only replace a item if it was caused by serverside problems. For instant after a rollback or bug in the server database. That would be not gameplay related action that accidentially changed the outcome of the item.

The really sad part is when this happends on artifacts, - as there is NO way you can redo the quest to regain the rightful version of the artifact you screwed up. As therefore, it might not be such a sad story after all to just loose some sleeves that most possible will drop sooner or later again if you farm for it. Tho, I hope the boss that drops it isn't lvl85+ something in your own case. :)

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Heta said:
On US server you get them back, you dont on EU server

So you sell something - change your mind and get them back? Not as if selling them can happen by accident - whoops I sold my stuff again - boy the US servers bit to easy going - that's Yanks for yer - Have a Nice day :)

Some ppl expect too much - I assume you sold it to a merchant, or do you expect the GM's to take it back off a player you sold them too - sry but if I was in charge you'd get the Bird ,,|,,

VampiiricMist

Fledgling Freddie
heres how it happened...

i was gonna dye my leather armour violet.. it was at 2:30 last night and i was tired as hell.. i went to the merchant, but bought enamel instead of leather dye.. so it didnt want to get dyed by that.. i had just clicked on the enamel to put it on the armour, but i might have doubleclicked or sumtn so it changed places in my inventory, i didnt see this so i pressed control-s and then i noticed that i got wayyyyyy to much money back from the merchant and i understood what i had done :(

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Selling something to a merchant by mistake, is something almost everyone has done before.. only solution I could see to it, was that they made merchants a bit more like they are in WoW, with the option of re-buying last sold item for selling price. Wouldn't that be something...

I was crafting armor in the middle of the night once.. made an MP circlet, along with a bunch of low qual circlets.. proceeded to sell em all, and forgot I had the MP one, which went with the others to the merchant. Didn't even bother rightnow'ing it, as there was no way on earth I'd have gotten it back :)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Nausilus^^ said:
I was crafting armor in the middle of the night once.. made an MP circlet, along with a bunch of low qual circlets.. proceeded to sell em all, and forgot I had the MP one, which went with the others to the merchant. Didn't even bother rightnow'ing it, as there was no way on earth I'd have gotten it back :)
I learnt this the hard way too, now if I get an MP I stick it at the bottom of my inventory or straight into the vault. :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
MagnarTBL said:
The really sad part is when this happends on artifacts, - as there is NO way you can redo the quest to regain the rightful version of the artifact you screwed up. As therefore, it might not be such a sad story after all to just loose some sleeves that most possible will drop sooner or later again if you farm for it. Tho, I hope the boss that drops it isn't lvl85+ something in your own case. :)

Just so ye know - in 1.78 Mythic finally put in "artifact change" NPCs.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Easy solution for things like this would be a 1-2 minute buyback option from them merchants (i.e. they got the stuff that you just sold to them for sale for a limited time and exclusively for the seller, or maybe just until you close the window). Prolly impossible to code though.

Frust

Fledgling Freddie
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
Easy solution for things like this would be a 1-2 minute buyback option from them merchants (i.e. they got the stuff that you just sold to them for sale for a limited time and exclusively for the seller, or maybe just until you close the window). Prolly impossible to code though.
In WoW you can buy back items you have sold to a merchant in a similar way that you mentioned.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
LawBringer said:
So you sell something - change your mind and get them back? Not as if selling them can happen by accident - whoops I sold my stuff again - boy the US servers bit to easy going - that's Yanks for yer - Have a Nice day :)

Some ppl expect too much - I assume you sold it to a merchant, or do you expect the GM's to take it back off a player you sold them too - sry but if I was in charge you'd get the Bird ,,|,,

I've accidently sold stuff to merchant, contacted CSR, was asked for which item, sellamount, which merchant and what time it was, he looked through logs and next day I had item back. You know what, that made me a happy customer.

It isnt expecting too much, it's called support and thats something the yanks actually are very good at..

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Nausilus^^ said:
Selling something to a merchant by mistake, is something almost everyone has done before.. only solution I could see to it, was that they made merchants a bit more like they are in WoW, with the option of re-buying last sold item for selling price. Wouldn't that be something...

That never happened to me, ever :p.

Not bragging but I'm really careful with merchants because they carry bulldosers in their pockets used for items which are sold to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom