I have an idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daws

Fledgling Freddie
... the main reason people are spamming everywhere is to get their post count up, correct?

So why not instead of trying to stop them spamming by lowering their post count, try raising their post count so they don't have to spam as much?

Just a thought :eek: Possible reverse psychology? :)

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Daws said:
... the main reason people are spamming everywhere is to get their post count up, correct?

So why not instead of trying to stop them spamming by lowering their post count, try raising their post count so they don't have to spam as much?

Just a thought :eek: Possible reverse psychology? :)

then you'd have 100 x the number of people spamming in order to be punished and get postcounts raised..

2 sides to the coin ;/

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Could work. But how about removing all ways of finding out post count. That would stop spammage.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Why not suggest it to an admin instead of us peons? It's not for us to decide.

Probably wasn't your intention, but you just fill this forum up with more useless spam, it's so hard to filter through and see the useful or interesting posts.

Daws

Fledgling Freddie
Because I feel it's better to discuss it with the peons first, if you guys approve then I can point the mods towards the post for them then to consider. If I don't check with the people first - how can I know it's what they want?

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
silly idea, if they keep spamming they get banned..

that should stop people spamming.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
It obviously wouldn't work.

You can't see the post count figure like you used to. The only way is to do a search on the username, but this is TIED to the number of posts made.

Simply giving higher ranked titles would be as bad as giving them custom titles. If they want one, it's only £10. If they can't afford that, why are they paying for internet? Shouldn't they like, save money for food or something?

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
post titles => competition

and ppl trying to show off ze virtual penis !

Belsameth

Tainted
to much spam = suspension, what other ways do you need?
raising postcount is pure idiocy, and hiding postcount is not possible with the "search for all posts made by user" that's in this version of vBullitin

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
they could disable the search function of the board

Cyfr

Banned
I have a better idea. Make postcount go down everytime you post, will solve the problems

Gombur Glodson

Fledgling Freddie
Cyfr said:
I have a better idea. Make postcount go down everytime you post, will solve the problems

erhm, then you'd always be at 0 posts, would be simpler just to disable the whole lot :)

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Cyfr said:

postcount

what would you be counting then? :p

'Stc

Fledgling Freddie
Post counts mean nothing. Personally I really cba to look up "all posts by user" just to see how many posts a particular person has made. It really doesn't interest me.

As for being (temporarily) banned, I do think it was unfair but I can understand why actions were taken, and I've had some chats with Jupitus about it. So I'll set an example and take a week off, see how things turn out :)

Off to install SWG - see you on their boards :p

Shy
xxx

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
shy you're supposed to be banned

wont making a second account to post piss the mods off even more ?¿

'Stc

Fledgling Freddie
gunner440 said:
shy you're supposed to be banned

wont making a second account to post piss the mods off even more ?¿

I'm temporarily banned, I said what I wanted to say, I won't post again until my proper account is reactivated. Yes my last sentence was a light hearted joke :) Any more comments that are made I'll reply to by PM. See you all in a week!

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
[QUOTE='Stc]I'll set an example and take a week off[/QUOTE]

You say it as if you have a choice.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
[Monty Python]Let's not do this... 'tis a silly idea[/Monty Pyhton]

And if you want to be able to PM people, Shy, make that your very last post now, thank you :touch:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom