i have an idea about makeing rvr more fun :)

Raggelll

Fledgling Freddie
im getting pretty boored on beeing zerged by fg:s when you feel like running a duo or tri grp.
i thought now when you have instances and stuff couldent you make an instance for rvr, and if youre 2 people in the grp you will get in to rvr instance 2. and if youre 3 you get to rvr instance 3 and so on.

the isntance you should be pretty big i guess, lets take agramon and remake it to an instance that works like that :)

someone tell mythic of my brilliant plan :)

nothing more fun then to run a 3-4 grp and fight another 3-4 grp.
if you go there solo it could be for stealthers that wanna fight solo ppl.

ofc ppl are gonna run 2+2 or sum perhaps, but atleast you get rid of the fg:s killing the soloers and such.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Most classes with selfbuffs > all

Vamps > other classes then :(

Raggelll

Fledgling Freddie
ye but you should have atleast 1 buff class with you ofc, hard for duo:s perhaps but lets say rvr isntance 4 :)

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
no to instances in rvr!

its used in GW, and its fucking boring.

you can farm rps there etc

daoc was made for a open war between 3 realms, I say keep it that way no matter what, and as censi said in another thread:

Originally Posted by censi
i think theres fun to be had that caters for all sorts....

Despite the frustration that comes with daoc if you took away a lot of the mass RVR and the adds I think people would just whine more about class imbalance.

There needs to be an element of the fact that its dangerous out there and you have to kill quick, avoid other players seeing you fight, and sink back into the shadows after death.

daoc isnt predictable when you RVR all sorts of funny shit happens. And sometimes getting steamrollered can be funny or even poetic justice....

The actual post in its present context will get flamed to pieces but the underlying message is prolly accurate. We all know what the game is about, the problem is peeps love it and are too addicted to leave so they get twisted and angry if they have a bad day on the virtual battlefield. Everyone knows theres extreme fun to be had in this game, the key to longevity is too smile at the bad times cuz you know sooner or later you will get a good day.

Zdeath

Banned
Mythic had an idea once, about RvR ofc, quite similar to yours.

Except it was all about seige warefare, roleplaying, and keep taking. When they implemented this, it fucked alot of communities up.

Stop giving them ideas :twak:

On a constructive note, I think it's not really a good idea - not worth the trouble just to make it more unbalanced with an instance, which is the bore. compact spaces with no open areas, how boring? Leave it be, open field combat was made for this game.

Every game has dark sides to it, dieing to full groups is just one of them I'm afriad.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
i could take my BB in a duo and farm warder infil duos. really dont think it would work tbh. just stick to normal RvR, just have to learn to take the shit with the good stuff. you will get zerged most of the time, most good fights will get ruined by adders, shit happens, dust your self down and go out again, dont let the retards of the game get you down :)

Jebelious

Fledgling Freddie
what about a x-realm duel instance? instead of lots of rps u get small ammount of rps and there is a table for top duelers etc?

Raggelll

Fledgling Freddie
ok im not saying its perfect, id rather be farmed by some uber tank with a bb then beeing zerged by a fg, but ok i guess its an bad idea then, was just a thought :)

living

Fledgling Freddie
MadsKaizer said:
no to instances in rvr!

its used in GW, and its fucking boring.

you can farm rps there etc

daoc was made for a open war between 3 realms, I say keep it that way no matter what, and as censi said in another thread:
----------
Originally Posted by censi
i think theres fun to be had that caters for all sorts....

Despite the frustration that comes with daoc if you took away a lot of the mass RVR and the adds I think people would just whine more about class imbalance.

There needs to be an element of the fact that its dangerous out there and you have to kill quick, avoid other players seeing you fight, and sink back into the shadows after death.

daoc isnt predictable when you RVR all sorts of funny shit happens. And sometimes getting steamrollered can be funny or even poetic justice....

The actual post in its present context will get flamed to pieces but the underlying message is prolly accurate. We all know what the game is about, the problem is peeps love it and are too addicted to leave so they get twisted and angry if they have a bad day on the virtual battlefield. Everyone knows theres extreme fun to be had in this game, the key to longevity is too smile at the bad times cuz you know sooner or later you will get a good day.

-------------

QFT

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom