I hate Vista

Calcus

Fledgling Freddie
So I got a new shinny new PC but its got bloody Vista on it and wont install Daoc. Anyone know if theres a fix or should I just put XP back on?

soze

I am a FH squatter
It is possible to play DAOC on Vista there is a thread from last year in this section that details how to do it. Without know where your have problems its hard to advise.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Just install XP, still much better for gaming.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
412-windows-vista.jpg

then again most windows have there problems

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Are you installing via the cd?

I am on Vista Ultimate and I just inserted the disks, installed as per normal, then changed the update.dat for usa, then made sure it was run as an Admin

Right Click the icon, goto properties, then one of the tabs has "Run as Admin". Compatability tab iirc

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Copied my old daoc folder onto my new drive and ran camelot.exe, whats the problem, mine loaded perfectly first time! (using ultimate 64 btw)

What errors are people getting on Vista to stop them playing?

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Something tells me that Vista is the new ME. No biggy if you never had it, funny stories to tell, but you better wait for the next OS :p

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Have Vista home on the wife's dell lappy and have to say it's shite. Even with 2Gb of RAM in it's slow as hell.

On one tower I have 64 Ultimate and that's working nicely. Had no compatibility problems at all so far.

Liloe, heard MS are trying to rush out the next OS because Vista has been such a failure. Especially true in the corporate world. Take up of Vista has been extremely low. Problem is, if they do rush it could it be just as bad. Or another bug fest like 95.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Liloe, heard MS are trying to rush out the next OS because Vista has been such a failure. Especially true in the corporate world. Take up of Vista has been extremely low. Problem is, if they do rush it could it be just as bad. Or another bug fest like 95.

Yes, I heard that aswell, but we can always hope. After the failure of Win ME, they managed to produce XP, which wasn't such a bad OS after all. The problem is also that no matter how hard they try to fix Vista, the image is so broken that it won't be possible to fix that anytime soon =)

soze

I am a FH squatter
From a few blogs i have read the next os will just be a xp vista cross breed xp back bone with vista up front and vista security. Not much of a new os if its true it sounds like some thing to keep people happy while they rebuild Vista.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Unless you are planning on buying 4gb of ram i would stick to xp for the moment
If you really want to get it don't waste your money on 32 bit vista, vista utimate itself uses 1.5gig of ram, so essentially you have 512mb left for headroom and desktop apps
So 32 bit maxed out is 3.5gig, compared to using a full 4+ on 64 bit.

Copied my old daoc folder onto my new drive and ran camelot.exe, whats the problem, mine loaded perfectly first time! (using ultimate 64 btw)

What errors are people getting on Vista to stop them playing?

wtf you're on vista?!?

THE WORLDS GOING TO END RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom