:( I hate losing things

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
I've lost my Quake install CD :( I've never played QW, but I wanted to come and be fragged by you. Bugger.

I found Malice (which came in the box set), that was rather good. I also found the disk for "QZone!", which iirc was the spawn of Satan (but not in a 'good Quake' way).

I hate losing disks with a vengence :(

raw

One of Freddy's beloved
I lost my counterstrike one, not that thats a bad thing though :D

Chameleon

Fledgling Freddie
Someone in irc the other week was explaining to someone else who couldn't find their CD, how to get it working. Iirc it involved downloading the shareware version of the game to get the original .pak file(s). Might be worth looking into this:

http://www.fuhquake.net/links.htm

raw

One of Freddy's beloved
I cracked my q3 cd, i just got a mate to dcc me the pak files and then patched it.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Yes you can d/l the shareware version, then put the fuhquake version ontop of it and hey presto.
I did it yesterday !
It remained installed for about 5 minutes, then i removed it.Why bother, ITS OLD LET IT DIE IN PEACE YOU LOONS !!

Chameleon

Fledgling Freddie
throdgrain said:
Yes you can d/l the shareware version, then put the fuhquake version ontop of it and hey presto.
I did it yesterday !
It remained installed for about 5 minutes, then i removed it.Why bother, ITS OLD LET IT DIE IN PEACE YOU LOONS !!
It does look very ropey now doesn't it! Can't see myself playing it a lot ........ unless TFC took off again majorly ...... somehow. Can't see that happening though.
I miss the grapple more than anything tbh. The grapple modes of 3w never really took off in q3 did they, anyone?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I never liked the hook in q2 either, its why i didnt play much ctf :(
Call of Duty for me all the way nowadays :)

(For a bit probably! )

Wij

I am a FH squatter
throdgrain said:
I never liked the hook in q2 either, its why i didnt play much ctf :(
Call of Duty for me all the way nowadays :)

(For a bit probably! )

QWTDM > *

RoboStac

Fledgling Freddie
Chameleon said:
It does look very ropey now doesn't it! Can't see myself playing it a lot ........ unless TFC took off again majorly ...... somehow. Can't see that happening though.
I miss the grapple more than anything tbh. The grapple modes of 3w never really took off in q3 did they, anyone?
Classic CTF in threewave was popular for quite a while, I believe savage ran a league for it for a couple of seasons. It seems to be completly dead now though :(.

Requ!em

Fledgling Freddie
Robostac: Classic CTF in threewave was popular for quite a while, I believe savage ran a league for it for a couple of seasons. It seems to be completly dead now though

The CCTF League is still run in Savage, they've even put up a public CCTF server. Make sure you set your snaps to 25 or above and have Punkbuster enabled =)

Quake3 CCTF Server (Threewave CTF with Grapple)
212.42.1.3:27963

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom