I got a great idea! agramon

Where would you! like to run solo and not get random adds?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Airwalker

Fledgling Freddie
what do you as a solo player think of that? to run there at the zerg bridges around keeps?
or?
go camp mg's roam around there in agramon?

1. the boring thing about rvr now, you get added on all the time.
2. there is to hard to find a target, cause there is a zerg around them.
3. why don't go to agramon as soloers?

I'm actully going to start hang around there in agramon, is there people
running there btw?
I get the feeling of OF at the mg's, thats just me or?

what you think? keep it in subject agramon.

I'm looking at these bridges now, and it is impossible to jump another stealther, with not getting added on.

Alyssania

Fledgling Freddie
Well its usually if soloer go somewhere small groups and random groups go there short after and after that wont take long until fotm fg's appear there whining about people adding their fights while they trying to farm their precious rp's. :) MG's sound great for me since the further from water the better. That way I dont have to wonder what the enemy trying to do next to get into the water and abuse it when they losing. :)

Aybabtu

Fledgling Freddie
Well the thing is that they can never be as the old MG's. there are still other routes to take to enter another realms frontier, which means that you can camp a MG for hours without getting any kills...

Personally i would love to get fights near MG's but i truely doubt it will happen with NF :(

Give back OF IMO! :twak:

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
does that mean I can't afk-ride through there anymore ? :eek7:

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Airwalker said:
what do you as a solo player think of that? to run there at the zerg bridges around keeps?
or?
go camp mg's roam around there in agramon?

1. the boring thing about rvr now, you get added on all the time.
2. there is to hard to find a target, cause there is a zerg around them.
3. why don't go to agramon as soloers?

I'm actully going to start hang around there in agramon, is there people
running there btw?
I get the feeling of OF at the mg's, thats just me or?

what you think? keep it in subject agramon.

I'm looking at these bridges now, and it is impossible to jump another stealther, with not getting added on.[/QUOT

we did have a solo zone not long back that worked really well in beginning. But since people didnt stick to it, it died. Also we found out that if the xone was too big it became boring...and agramon would be too big for sure.
But yes...an add free zone would be nice as a soloer ofc:p

Airwalker

Fledgling Freddie
but why wont people run there now? everyone knows its better than the water los and swimming, and bridges, and the word I would not like to mention
the evil IRVR word, where you will get zerged, people will be ruthless, why? cause there is about 50players from each realm in that zone, and you got 20% chance to not get a add. you're forced to take down your target really fast, while looking after the other half grps fg's that runs by you, you may need vanish to get away etc. or get a grp of stealthers, which aint what I
would call fun.

therefor I would say agramon is the safest and most fun place to solo.

we just need to help ourselfs to come up with idea's how to make rvr better
for the solo player.

emain was big aswell. but you kept finding people from A to B to C, lets say, mpk ( he moves to MMG ) then further over to AMG -> apk. agramon would be the same almost. you just camped the route they run, so that would not be hard.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
your poll options suck, how about roam wherever the zerglings aren't and finding plenty of good fights option?

if you cant handle being zerged then give up soloing.

Airwalker

Fledgling Freddie
not the fg adders or keep camper adders that see you jump someone at the
bridge, and they run like headless chickens down to add.

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
No fucking stealth action in agra that would suck!!
Wouldn't be 1v1 fight it would be add 100 % on all fg fights. Pois traps at mg's etc qq

Shafu

Fledgling Freddie
Agramon is a great place for soloing, but there are some glaring problems:

1. The long land bridges (chokepoints) kill much of the action before it even reaches Agramon.
2. Lacks reasons to go there (for soloers).
3. Instant access to this place attracts FGs.

What I would do is to widen the "land bridges" and make it impossible to enter them from the water. This would create a higher concentration of players from each realm behind their respective milegates (it would move the action to the center of Agramon, and the areas behind the milegates would be "dangerous" (as they damn well should be imo)). I know this might not sound solo-friendly, but personally I like the idea of having relatively safe areas as well as dangerous areas (makes adventuring much more exciting, something I miss a lot in NF).

Then I would add (solo) realm missions to Agramon. They could involve travelling to the center of Agramon and/or behind enemy milegates. These missions should focus on RvR/PvP and not PvE like the current caravan missions. I would also add a ruined castle (no guards) in the center of Agramon (great for melee and close range fights) and possibly a few other structures around Agramon (for hiding and fighting).

I have no idea how to keep FGs from farming everyone and anyone except to give them a better place to go.

I thought when Agramon first appeared on the scene, it was fun as f*ck running around there hoping for solo'ers, even had quite a lot of fg's leaving me alone (this was before we were clustered ofc! :D) . The scenery was a nice refreshing change etc so wouldn't mind running there solo again

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
I think it's a good idea to use Agramon as a solo area.

Ofcourse, we can only hope that certain people don't try and disrupt it. :)

Id say the best option would be to use the plataue in the middle of the dead lands, where Lord Agramon first appeared. That' should be the king of the hill area. :)

Typically its only FG's running through Agramon... ofcourse, some will kill the soloers, but if the word are sread perhaps this could be a new standard. So, ... see a FG kill a solo guy in agramon and ask them in a civil tone not to. :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
would be utterly pointless, its to big for one thing. better to go somewhere that full groups arent, the soloers always end up finding a zone thats fairly clean

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
on some servers they made lake area in agramon a place for soloers to go to. there will always be groups who only roam where they can grief soloers and get free rps, but in general it seemed to work pretty nice.

same as fg's who used to roam at bold tower 3, lots of nice open ground to fight on but for some reason agreements to go to a certain spot don't work well on our cluster. :p

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
There used to be quite a lot of soloers around agromon when it first opened, and camping the passes into the island gave a fight every 10 mins or more for the first couple of weeks. Soon though a combination of FGs rolling every soloer, and people deciding they'd rather have easy add RPs 20 seconds away from their buffbot made everyone give up.

I'd suggest that any set groups genuinely interested in 8v8 fights would start by leaving soloers alone, that's a good way to reduce the number of adds in later fights, and might make agromon possible for any visible soloer.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
since even a soloer is worth quite a few RPs to a FG since the patch, I wouldn't bet on that working.

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
Well im usually waiting where people often get a bit of lag and fall off stick, meaning I can eat them while their mates chat on Vent.

[Group]RandomEnemy:'helphelp st.....'
"RandomEnemy was just killed by Vanished-Excalibur"

Usually this doesnt work every well, but thats because I suck at playing SB :(
I might aswell spec out of CS, because I always panic once I have to PA shit, and end up using an anytimer like garrote :touch:

Edit:
Bridge camping and get loads of adds from keeps <- This I choose, but it will never happen ofcourse
Where would you! like to run solo and not get random adds? With my chosen option I would not get random adds, correct?

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
or how about the "none-adding" of debuffing and buffshearing a soloer so many FGs enjoy ? Oh lol!

illu

Part of the furniture
None of this sort of stuff will ever work.

The solo zone was a great idea, but unfortunately in priority wise for me anyway, it goes something like:
1. iRvR
2. Homeland or Enemy Docks/Bridges
3. Solo Zone

which is probably why it died :(

In an ideal world, people want an area where they can get what they regard as "fair" fights every 5 minutes or so. The only way to achieve this would be to have yet another area made which is like a mini agramon that has a bit of everything thrown in. Small enough to walk all the way through in a few minutes stealthed, maybe a small bridge, some water, a wide open area, some hills, some trees, and some landscape objects like stones and walls to hide behind. Then anyone not in a FG could go there for instant-type action.

The whole problem with add or don't add fights is simply people need to make RP, and some classes ARE MADE for adding. Solo damage nukers, Archers, Pet Classes all HAVE to add to make RP.

So as I've mentioned before, soloers will attack most things, and be killed by all. Small groups kill soloers and get killed by bigger groups. FG's kill everything they can (preferring other FG fights), and they get killed by Zergs or soloers wanting revenge. Zergs kill other Zergs and take it in turns to die.

The only thing I don't like about the game is sometimes how hard it is to find people to kill, and I think the area people fight in should get smaller as less people are logged in, or maybe instaports should become available to a new small area location I described above after only a few people are left on, say 200 or something.

Oli - Illu

pip

Banned
illu said:
None of this sort of stuff will ever work.

The solo zone was a great idea, but unfortunately in priority wise for me anyway, it goes something like:
1. iRvR
2. Homeland or Enemy Docks/Bridges
3. Solo Zone

which is probably why it died :(

In an ideal world, people want an area where they can get what they regard as "fair" fights every 5 minutes or so. The only way to achieve this would be to have yet another area made which is like a mini agramon that has a bit of everything thrown in. Small enough to walk all the way through in a few minutes stealthed, maybe a small bridge, some water, a wide open area, some hills, some trees, and some landscape objects like stones and walls to hide behind. Then anyone not in a FG could go there for instant-type action.

The whole problem with add or don't add fights is simply people need to make RP, and some classes ARE MADE for adding. Solo damage nukers, Archers, Pet Classes all HAVE to add to make RP.

So as I've mentioned before, soloers will attack most things, and be killed by all. Small groups kill soloers and get killed by bigger groups. FG's kill everything they can (preferring other FG fights), and they get killed by Zergs or soloers wanting revenge. Zergs kill other Zergs and take it in turns to die.

The only thing I don't like about the game is sometimes how hard it is to find people to kill, and I think the area people fight in should get smaller as less people are logged in, or maybe instaports should become available to a new small area location I described above after only a few people are left on, say 200 or something.

Oli - Illu
Nice post mate and this is very true:) game imo is starting to get very boring indeed:( Lots of hills might be bad for good range fz tho

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Well wherever you get solo action, duos, trios etc bound to follow. Funny enuff, for that reason do wonder if all the open duelling on DC bridge lead to the area becoming the zerg central it now is, it was taking the piss. Anyone who cared could see there was perma action there even if they weren't welcome.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
i solo'd from rr1l1 on my scout, without adding/leeching except the extreme rare case, still is lots of fun tbh. :)

average night is 20-30 deaths and 5-8 kills, but its fine. yeah, its hard being low rr (3l3 omg!) but its no reason to act like a **** towards anyone you meet, just for lousy rps

pip

Banned
Vodkafairy said:
i solo'd from rr1l1 on my scout, without adding/leeching except the extreme rare case, still is lots of fun tbh. :)

average night is 20-30 deaths and 5-8 kills, but its fine. yeah, its hard being low rr (3l3 omg!) but its no reason to act like a **** towards anyone you meet, just for lousy rps
What's the name of your scout?

Whispers

Fledgling Freddie
DF is a nice zone to solo in at the moment

Funny but true, due to the bug according DF access, hibs have perma access to DF. :worthy:

This results in a lot of solo / small group RvR action in DF.
Only problem is that mid/albs have to gain access to DF wich can be pretty annoying. :twak:

Of corse the bug has to be solved but maybe it leads to a solution of the solo player problem.

How about managing access to DF in a way that makes it accessable to 2 realms at a time.

Would like to hear your suggestions about it. And for those that didnt try go and check DF as long as hibs got perma acces u always find a pray to swollow (pls leave em gray's alone too many lowby XP gankers l8tely) :wanker:

Oh and about OP scout whining I roam there with my inf mostly :kissit:

Have fun Whisp

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
I predict:

solozone...

>some inf+mincduo starts running around killing solos.
>SB+huntercrews gather and go there for revenge and kill other solos in the process since they are 100% blind.
>rangers and NSs get pissed off with the idiotmids ruining everything and gank everything.
>the solos think it sucks in the area since its too many zerglings and head somewhere else.
>the zerglings leave the area since there is no solos left to get easy cheesy RPs from.

the solozone dies...

In the end of it all, a solozone cannot be on the UKcluster, since there always will be ***** there to prey on the solos. Other option is that not many enough want to go to a solozone, since it lacks the solos natural preys for a steady RPincome and render it kindof useless unless you only fight for the fights and not bother with RPs at all, thats not even 1% of the players.

All a solo really can do is go on and weigh fun vs notfun, and aslong its fun, keep on soloing, if it become too much notfun then just do something else.

:/

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:

Well have to say that this is true, even went for my hero and think you actually got him once, still I don't solo much so guess I stink somewhat, still the last fights dident went to well for you though =P ,he also pure groupspec, But he is still a hero and the are rather tuff atm ;D

Not bad of you taking him once, (think it was you, reflects badly on me tbh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom